Sign in to follow this  
SOULSEARCHER

------------EVERYONE TAKE A LOOK!----------------

I have been following this web journal by a filipina who works in Hargeisa. she has been there for the last year. everyday she updates with stories, pictures , and her work. she has dozens of great pictures of the whole area. If you write to her she takes the time to answer your question will write back to you. I just thought this might be a good site for anyone feelin homesick.I love they she treats our culture with respect everytime she writes. If you start reading her journal and look at the pics I think you will see what I mean. We should take the time and thank her for her work..cuz she is not even from somalia and she is doing much more than most somalis are doing to help our country.

http://jadedafrica.dekarabaw.com/

OMG, it's so good to see those pics. So what is this woman suppose to be doing?Is it a research? :confused: But that was good. Thnx.

:Burao is 60 km drive from Hargeisa and usually takes 4 hours to get there. Not for khat dealers though. looool. smile.gif

yeah thats just one of the many funny stories she has. If you start from her december 2002 log thats her first entries she explains her job and who she works for. The funniest story is the april 3 one. It's when they go eat at resturant and try a special dish.

LANDER   

Soul_Searcher,

thanks for the post sahiib, its lovely to see this women's work. I'll follow her journal too from now on.

Muhammad   

lol :D

Quote: Jully 1st - Roadblocks

"The third, are Somaliland’s dollar earner, the black headed sheep. Along with the shepherd kid, he waved at us signalling us to stop. We did of course, our driver hit a goat once, we had to pay of course. He’s more careful now."

La-y-La   

wow, she is doing a good job, gave me a whole differnt outlook on Somaliland, it is so nice how everyone is trying so hard to better the country, masha'Allah, illah ha u gargaaro.

this is one of her quotes that I found it funny.

"A Picture sent to me by a Belgian visitor of this site. An aerial shot of the earth at night..hmm. I just want to share it with you. Looks also like a shot from the US Satellite prying over the Horn of Africa searching for Al Queda...hmmm just kidding."

peace.