Sign in to follow this  
WingA

Mortgage Administration Job

WingA   

Reed Employment: Interview Friday

10 am: i went for the interview for a blue chip company called Global House Loans.

job title : Administrative Assistant

job description : Data entry and locating and move files from attic to receptionRetrieving files, sending files to branches, logging on to excel, global tracking system, good p.c. skills, physical lifting and shifting, accurate data input, work on own initiative, self starter & reliable

duration : 6-12 weeks

4pm : i got a call from the agency and i got the job.

next day, my sister tells me it might be harm to work for this company and told me to do research but i accepted the job. i asked a few religous brothers and they didnt have an anwser for me and told me to carry on working until they found out. i didnt like the fact that i had a ? mark on my shoulders and my family wasnt happy so i quit for the sake allah from the advice i was given.

i wanna know what you guys think of what happened to me.. many thanks in advanced..

salaams..

NGONGE   

The job description does not sound too bad. There is no mention of being part of any transactions that involve interest. Again, from the job description alone I can’t see how you would “dirty” your hands with any Haram acts. Still, the company (which you didn’t mention by the way) might be involved in Haram and “Halal” trades. You better ask an expert on this (and make sure you provide him with all the information). If it’s any consolation, I think you did the right thing, saaxib.

PS

Why wasn’t this posted on the Islam section?

PPS

Good luck with your next job (avoid sausage factories :D ).

Salam Calayakum winger, Ngonge

It is a grey area which am sure i wil eventually run into, lakiin on this occasion i doubt that the actually job itself would have envolved you dealing directly with Interest.

But like Ngonge said, you did a good thing in Leaving the job if you were uncertain.

What i would like to know is, if your job entails you processing notfications for payements of Interest (for argument sake) on behlaf of the company is this permisable or Haram?

And again if you are to Charge interest (as part of company policy) for a late payement of a service/product are u in error?

In both situations above your working on behalf of a company/organisations and you are not consuming or partaking in the Interest apart obviosuly from being involved in the processing of it?

Opnions will be appreciated

Answers from Islamic respective will be greatlly appreciated smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Winger, let me ask you this,,,,

Lets say you got jobe a Bank Clerk/Assistant type job, would you do the same thing when everyone says "weldone mate" thats a nice cushy job u got there??

NGONGE   

Shujui, funny you should ask that. Here is a website with a fatwa on your questions. I'm not sure of the authenticity of the website though. Looks fine to me. :rolleyes:

Interest?

Jumatatu   

Look at the Job-description again :

job description : Data entry and locating and move files from attic to receptionRetrieving files, sending files to branches, logging on to excel, global tracking system, good p.c. skills, physical lifting and shifting, accurate data input, work on own initiative, self starter & reliable

It does not in anywhere specify where you will charge nor be responsible for collecting interests. Winger I appreciate your sense of awareness..but where does the boundary lie. With Reed I assume you live somewhere in UK, now in here we buy grocery from Supermarkets that sell Alcohol, bank with Banks that charge Interests..etc..etc. In everyday of our lives we interact or work with or for companies that are unlawful in accordance with the Sharia. My point,though it is not an expert point of view, is since you are not directly dealing with the aspect of interest according to the job-description it is sort of sad that u had to drop the job. You have also been advised to seek the help of a learned person in this matter, which is fair, but can you also make sure that he does not interact with interest paying and charging companies here in UK. The matter should not be dealt in a sense of 'La jifiyana banan'.

Curly   

I wouldn't leave the job!

To be honest we live off interest if you want to accept it or not!

That’s what makes the world go round! And believe me you can't escape interest unless you go and live in a non-third world Muslim country.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I think that for Winger, walaal ALLAH wanted to TEST your Allegiance on this matter and Alhamdulillah, you chose Allah and his Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) over the dunya and for that inshallah, you will be rewarded for.

You know it is very difficult to get a job especially being Muslim and Black and coming from an immigrant background. No one wants to take that chance on YOU, so you are faced with many employment obstacles that others wouldn't come across. So when Allah tests you with something that you found and you been searching for,longing for, desiring for a long time-then it is real difficult. I can recall the story of prophet Ibrahim who longed for a son and when he become an old man, almost 100yrs old or so, Allah granted him a child and when that child reached Adolescence (became a Young Man), Allah asked Ibrahim to sacrifice his son, his pride and joy,his on blood, his own flesh. Inshallah when some of you nomads have kids, you will become aware of this pull between your kids and obeying Allah and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm). Your Allegiance will be tested!

In anycase, to cut it short, inshallah you will get something better than what you gave up and it might not necessarily be a financial gain.

Fi Amanillah

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Boqorki SOL:

Winger, let me ask you this,,,,

Lets say you got jobe a Bank Clerk/Assistant type job, would you do the same thing when everyone says "weldone mate" thats a nice cushy job u got there??

or even the same Admin Assistant job with the same duties at Heiniken Corp!!!!!

WingA   

to answer ur question, i wouldnt work for a bank or alcohol company.. even if am broke and they offered me a good job, i wouldnt take it.. some parts of my religion am not strong at but this field/interest is the wrose the of all haram things.. we all gonna leave this world and i rather have less dembi..

why isnt brother Nur taking part in this thread??