Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

POLL

Pujah   

Do you think using birth control is the same thing as having an abortion?

PS don’t assume everything is about the poster – tis' a scientific question :D

Pujah   

Washington, D.C. -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi released the following statement on reports that the Bush Administration’s is drafting a proposed rule that would place new restrictions on domestic family planning programs. While current law already allows health care providers and professionals to refuse to provide abortions based on their religious beliefs, this provision would threaten the funding of organizations and health facilities if they do not hire people who would refuse to provide birth control.

“If the Administration goes through with this draft proposal, it will launch a dangerous assault on women’s health.

“The majority of Americans oppose this out of touch position that redefines contraception as abortion and represents a sustained pattern of the Bush Administration to reject medical and sound science in favor of a misguided ideology that has no place in our government.

“I urge the President to reject this policy and join with Democrats to focus on preventing unintended pregnancies and reducing the need for abortion through increasing access to family planning services and access to affordable birth control.”

Pujah   

Whoa! I must say I pleasantly surprised somehow I expected a lot more SOLers to equate the pills with abortion than 2/13.

BOB   

Originally posted by Pujah:

PS don’t assume everything is about the poster – tis' a scientific question
:D

Salam Aleikum W.W My dear sister Puja...long time no aragti...Hope all is well with you Insha Allah.

Allah maxaad Soomaali baratay...wallee inaad Soomaali tahay laakiin hada anaga lee nahee maxaa ku keentay sheekadaan? :D

You know I'm no scholar but as far as I know Birth Control is fine and I don't think you could compare it with Abortion as I think they are as different as you and I...and as for abortion...well, Islam allows abortion to save the life of the mother because it sees this as the "lesser of two evils" if you like and there is a general principle in Sharia (Muslim law) of choosing the lesser of two evils.

For example:

Abortion is regarded as a lesser evil in this case because:

1-the mother is the 'originator' of the fetus.

2-the mother's life is well-established.

3-the mother has with duties and responsibilities.

4-the mother already is part of a family.

5-allowing the mother to die would also kill the fetus in most cases.

That is as far as my knowledge goes marka I suggest you ask the scholars and Insha Allah they would asnwer your question the best way possible. Allah Knows Best.

The Qur'aan does not explicitly refer to abortion but offers guidance on related matters. Scholars accept that this guidance can properly be applied to abortion.

PS. Sorry...I didn't vote as I'm too lazy to do so...hope I'll be forgiven. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.