Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Ethiopia, Eritrea may go to war 'in weeks'

Castro   

^^^ I too agree with it but that doesn't mean it's likely to happen. I'm certain old man Xiin knows that as well.

In the (not so unlikely) event the Asmara-Addis Abeba conflict breaks out, the end result 1, 2, 5 years down the road is really up in the air. Even Xiin's formula may become a reality.

Surely you can stretch your imagination a little, señor NGONGE.

P.S. I know, I know, you'll come back with your usual "you're all a bunch of sleepy-eyed dreamers. Get with the program and support the TFG, blah blah, blah blah...." :D

Originally posted by Castro:

^^^^ I must say I like the hawkish view atheer. And it is indeed tragic that all the misery has descended upon our people but I'm not one to wish similar calamities on anyone, including the (people) Tigray, Amhara or Eritreans. If Zenawi is toppled, it would be great for that will mean dabodhilif Yey is gone as well and the mini Somali states will have no sugar daddy to support them.

Let's see.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, If you want peace, prepare for war?

I somewhat agree with Xiin's idea(sic). The natural human nature is to put your(Somali) interest first without regard to the interests of others(Tigrays,Habashis). For us to be free of Ethiopia's mighty army(supported by teh west),perhaps Ethiopia needs to have a taste of war itself.

Tell me what you think of this qoute(from a blog i was reading the other day,(which of course conforms to my thinking).

The feel good message of "War is not the Answer" ignores the very principles that have delivered much of human kind into the comfortable reality of present day. War or, more specifically, victory was the answer.

Ps.I may not wholely agree with Xiin,as there is a difference from ideaology & theory,however,for a realistic end to Ethiopia's dominance in the Horn,they really need to destabalized.

NGONGE   

Practical solutions, my dear Castro, practical solutions.

Ps

I know Xiin was only presenting a hypothetical scenario; it's the other dreamer I was goading.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

If turnips were watches, I would wear one by my side...... :D

Is this where the great minds of SOl politics hang out? and is this what they came up with?

For one thing - it made me smile for another it made me worry!

FB, Your solution was to distablize Ethopia? I liked Xiin's to yours mate, even tho yours is attainable!

Efawarki said: Stable Somalia/Ethiopia is bad for Eriterea, So ensure to rattle ethos by using Somali blood - perfect! he never had a better opportunity!

Melez said: Stable Eriterea/Somali bad for me, but I have friends in Somali warlords so let me use them, so I can either get resources or unstable Somalia - win win outcome! but how would i deal with Eriterea; can't say they are terrorists? How will i deal with them? efawarki gave him the perfect opportunity - bringing the ICU to Asmara - and walla, Melez has the perfect opportunity to use the US funding to fight the Eritereans.

Yey Said: Stable Ethopia/Eriterea are bad for Somalia but I need to rule first so a need for an army to subjuggate them farax's and who is there to give me other than the ethos!

Bush said "Alkaayda is in Somalia we need an army that is not american, can't let americans die in the african deserts, do you think there are some africans willing to die for the great American empire? am sure they love me/america! here is Melez putting his hands up, "i will do it, can i get some money/weapons with that, please?" coz i hate them Somalis and Eritereans anyway!.

And now Solers say "say what!"

I say We lack vision and guts to stand up and be counted for once in history!

Cheers

me   

Ngonge Xiin is right because the goal is peacefull and prosperous Somalia, to achieve that goal if Ethiopia must be dismantled then so be it. Ethiopia is the agressor. Ethiopia is oppressing fellow Somalis, terrorizing them, raping them, killing them, Ethiopia is supporting Somali warlords and Ethiopia has invaded our land. Ethiopia is the enemy of peace in the Horn.

GJ - yes a regime change.

This war should be fought inside whats called Ethiopia now. An ONLF victory is a victory for the Somali Republic.

Intaan taasba la gaadhin lets agree that peace is Somalia is more valuable to us then peace in Ethiopia.

me   

ps. ONLF, OLF and other LF's can't do the jhe job the way it should be done. Religious wars then? and ehhhhh can the surwaalgaabs be trusted?

Fabregas   

When the media runs such headlines as " Ethiopia/Eritrea to go to war". What it actually means is that Ethiopia backed by the rest of the world will take on the tiny state of Eritrea. But I doubt there will be a war that soon as this organization is implying. If there was don't be surpirsed if mysterious jets bomb the living daylight out of Eitrea's military and political insitutions. Of course if there was such plans underway Eritrea opposition which includes Muslims, Democrats and Evangelicals is probably being groomed right now. One could also expect manipulation of the United Nations by labeling Eritrea as a sponsor of Somali terrorists. As for solutions for the Horn answer: There is no solution and none of you have it(f there was one)! All these leaders and organizations and leaders have chosen the bullet and the bomb to be ther motto, only if you guys could persuade them otherwise!

Waryaa NG nadaa ninyahow aanu iska khilaawoonne! And yes you got it right, it’s a peaceful Somalia I am looking for!

Some of you made me like my hasty (and unwise as some would say) formula. Particularly, some of your comments made it look like a creative destruction of sort; it will create a new dominant state out of the ashes of the long Somali civil war, and destroy the only stubborn enemy we have in that region in a one go! Who can beat that!

But in all seriousness, Ethiopia must be fought in its own territory! It’s only there where it can be defeated given current political settings in Somalia. We need a paradigm shift in our current strategy in resisting (or bending for that matter) Ethiopia!

General Zu and peaceful Zafir,

فمتي يبلغ البنيان تمامه

إذا كنت تبنيه وعيرك يهدم

Will a building ever reach its full completion (or when will it reach?), however elegantly one constructs it, if others busy themselves thwarting it? Even if another Courts-like movement emerges I don’t believe Somalia will have a chance to restore itself, as long Ethiopia is here to frustrate any efforts to that end!

So drop this humanitarian feign, put aside your supperficial worries, and come up with a strategy to tackle the Ethiopian problem! Assume Somalis will remain somalis. Assume the Powers that be will support Ethiopia against you. Commit my hasty thoughts to the flames. But come up with something adeer!

Baashi   

Line up your ducks first. How about that Xiinoow smile.gif

Ka tirtir Ethiopia in ur dictionary sxb. Ethiopia is a problem no doubt but all things considered it is a mere enabler. Ethiopian backing is sought and at times competed by guess who your fellow Somalis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna solution huh you do oo Ilaaheey kugu ogyahay. Waa tahay e remove the burning need for Ethiopian political, economic (qadaadiic), and military backing. J U S T, I N C L U S I V E, N E G O T I A T E D, S E T T L E M E N T will simply do.

Is it difficult? Ya bet ya. Is it commplicated? Absolutely! But this dacar bitter medicine is what will deliver Somalia from the gunnimada ay ku jidho.

Awoowe dirrintii ma ogolaatay misse wali maaweelo bay joogtaa arrintu?

Widaay waa adigii abwaanka ahaa ee bal dib u goco tixdii iyada ahayd:

Gacantii nin lihi gooynayaa waa gumuduntaaye,

Nin walaalkii geed ugu jiraa, geesi noqon waa.

Baashi awoowe waayadaan isma aanan waraysan.Dagaalkii soomalida dhexdeeda ahaa waan iska daayey! Dirintaadii waan ogolaaday! Balaaya waxay ka taagantahay, dirinta qudheedu ma shaqaynayso inta qolo u qabto in Ethiopia dhankooda tahay! sidee baad gogol soomaliyeed u dhigaysaa inta soomaalida laftigeedu lakala haysto? Maxaad yeelaysaa haddii SL iyo PL diidaan?Ama Benaadir diiddo? Dheri lagula karinayyo weeyye awoowe...

Haddaad intaa xal u hesho, bahasha meel dhow baad ka heshay! Anigese waxay ila tahay inta qaansada Ethiopianku jirto fallaar soomaaliyeed oo lagugu soo tuuro la wayn mayyo! Hence waa in qaansadaa la jabiyyaa!

FB, Your solution was to distablize Ethopia? I liked Xiin's to yours mate, even tho yours is attainable

I never suggested anything. I merely agreed(somewhat,ideologically) with Xiin's platform.

War & victory over Ethiopia is the answer to a stable Somalia. To see a vibrant,strong and viable Somali state,then we must defeat(or distablize),the country that is solely responsible for our woes.

The thing is,co existing peacefully with a stronger Ethiopia wont work; We have been at war for centuries. Either we accept to be dominated(which is not a Somali trait) or we must have a have a long term vision to be stronger than Ethiopia. If that means starting a war in Ethiopia,and break it down into tribal fiefdoms,to be at par with Somalia,then so be it.