Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Mohamed Mooge Liibaan Revered singer

Coofle   

Albeit Mohamed Mooge is not my Most favorite Singer But still the Man is legendary. In my wildest dreams I don't think a Somali Male can ever emulate Mohamed mooge. formidable opponents may be Muuse Ismaaciil Qalinle (My favorite ^_^) & Cumar Dhuule! But they lack one vital constituent that Mooge have,,, Mooge can touch the Heart, When I hear his oud and soothing sound, I always start daydreaming ... Allaylahe...The old rooxaan conjure up with the sounds of ina mooge.

I fell in love with the tunes of ina Mooge long ago while going through the southern parts of Hargeisa.....once you cross the Valley, Markaad Daanta kale u talawdo, it does not feel like it without Mohamed Mooge's voice being heard Either from some Maqaaxi or in the tunes of a passing car......or even on the tongue of nin mirqaansan.....Waa Bari-samaadkii...Before Dhagdhag iyo axax..

In my latest visit to Hargeisa I decided to make the challenge of crossing the bridge and see where I can go furthest Before I hear Mohamed Mooge.....I walked all the way to Star Hotel I started Bacdal Maqrib ( the Peak of Mirqaan) I was disappointed That I heard no Mohamed Mooge Liibaan...Hargeisa Is losing touch with classical music...For God Sakes they have a whole district named after him....

Some of Maxamed's Songs..

"Doqonaw Jacaylaw

Dumarkaba Ma layside

Ma ragaa laguu diray

oo laguugu Daw galay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cakuye, Cakuye

cakuye, Naag madaw Cidlaa ka roon"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dadka ha iska waynayn

Inaad kali wax garad tahay

Ha iska dhigin Walaaleey"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeertaa gadoodoo

Jidhif iska kicsoo

ruuxii hor joogsada

Hawl yari ku Jiidhee"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Haween u samir

amaa ka samir

Sidaa waxay ku dhaamaan

Loomaba Samaynine"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coofle   

On many ocassions I have heard songs that are wrongly being Attributed to M.mooge.....If ever someone tells me "Heestaa ina mooge ayaa qaada" I never argue because The man sung many of them...Original and not.

AYOUB   

^ We got to find his London residence and put a blue plaque saying "Mj. Mooge woz ere. Poet, composer, teacher, and revolutionary. He could sing as well".

Unless blue is the wrong colour for you Xaaji..:)

Malika   

"Dadka ha iska waynayn

Inaad kali wax garad tahay

Ha iska dhigin Walaaleey"

I shall dedicate this song to Apophis - warya Mooge wax kaa baro..hehe.

This song made me laugh - "Cakuye, Cakuye

cakuye, Naag madaw Cidlaa ka roon" - No wonder, most Somali women look like paper dolls..heh