Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

New Orleans is Gone

Muhammad   

I was just watching CNN, and they were talking to a Cop on top of a building. They were talking about the condition of the city, its without a power, there is a looting going on and fires/explotions have broken out.

the Policeman said, "This city is Gone!"

+ 60% of the police officers have not showed up for duty

+ people are shooting at helicopters and the police

+ there are explotions going on everywhere

+ there are dead people on the streets, no one to pick them up

This is a City in the U.S.

ps. 70% of the population is African American. does this have antyhing to do with the lack of help from the government?

:confused:

May Allah help all those in need, and keep our Somali/Muslim brothers and sisters there in safety.

I’m just shocked that there were so many blacks left in the city, besides are the cops really there to police, maybe they want the resources for themselves and families --- in the stadium women are getting raped and the police have been chased out apparently. Anarchy in the US, who would of thought. :eek:

It is very shocking, i cant understand the slow pace of government reaction. I mean it was only yesterday that the major declared emergency status and appealed for help .. i mean how long has this been going on..

Krupt33   

Just think how quick the government helps small (white) town when they get hit by storms and shit....

WHAT A DEMOCORICY WE LIVE IN HUH....

Race is a lazy man's tool. The help is there. there is no access to the whole city, the roads are blocked with debris and water and Still the FEMA staff are on the ground. the military ship have already docked, over 30,000 national guard and coast guard have being activated. The marines and Airforce rescue team are already on the ground.

The help is there, but the area is large and no one was expect the huge damage. for those of you who were watching the news over the weekend you know this was not considered hurricane they said i was just a regular storm.all a sudden it picked speed and intensity and cause the unexpected. i was telling friends yesterday that if this would have happen to any other country probably there would have being more casualities.the goverment is trying it is best. The people in Sir lanka probably are saying now this was quick response.

Please don't use the Race card and let us do our part to donate money to the respectul organization like red cross. you can do donate at www.redcross.org or 1 800 HELP NOW

thanks

NGONGE   

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Source

No comment.

The police force is predominantly white; those in despair are predominantly black. The tension between the law and the public is acute and probably aready existed. When you're already black, poor and angry, despair and isolation won't be something new but something old and ugly and it has reared its ugly head with gusto. The lawlessness is predictable. Whether the seemingly slow response is down to race will become something else for the theory-makers to argue over. What can't be denied is that the winds have turned the US onto its back and its underbelly is poor and black.

STOIC   

Its such a shame that Bush adminstration and American citizens are so inconvinienced with gas prices than the death toll of Victims of this hurricane.Its saddens my heart to see poor people lost their homes, their possesions or love ones.The fool(Bush) went on Television today saying that "the response was not good".You are damn right your adminstration response was not good!How can you blame your "people" response? when it is your signature was needed to sign an immediate response by the national guard.He is the executive chief of command, without his signature nothing can be done by the army.I am sure people in New Orleans and the gulf cost are wondering this morning if American people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are real patriotic Americans.They being drumming our ears with this words since september eleven.Black people are the damn people who built this nation in to what it is today.They don't deserve this disrespect.Americans are complaining and whining about gas prices instead of thinking about the victims of this Hurricane.Their preoccupation with gas prices is really emabarrasing to this nation of the braves!.

PS : I am sorry, i am ticked off with the people of this nation :mad:

Sheh, the scenario is almost the same for every city in America.

You would have to look this from the root cause point of view. What you see in N.O is what america is today. It is divided into thhe Haves & the Have nots,irrespective of color.

The Poor [blacksLatino & some White] live in government(low income) houses that are barely 15feet about sea level,with poor drainage system. The white(richer people),moved upstream in N.O ,on higher grounds with good drainage system. Money flows "UPSTREAM" to N.O. They built strong houses,great drainage system and good barricades. When N.O was growing, the Richer(white) people moved up the stream. The poor(blacks) Were left behind.

When the National Hurricane centre asked people to evacuate,the rich got into their cars and drove away from Katrina. The poor who depend on public transit couldn’t go anywhere. Why? Because someone failed to provide transportation for them. redface.gif

Someone should be held liable.

Castro   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

What can't be denied is that the winds have turned the US onto its back and its underbelly is poor and black.

This statement sums it up. It took an act of nature, as violent as it was, to show how little progress has been made since the 60's (in some areas). In a way, I'm glad NO is done. The poor blacks will have to start elsewhere and there is no way they will live like that again. Katrina will be dubya's demise.

Sheherazade, you are loved by me.

raula   

STOIC-I feel your pain walalo. I was shocked the first day when I watched the nightly news. There is no accounting for the EXTENT of devastation the hurricane has caused. What hit close to home was that majority of the folks that displaced are poor black people who (historically) are deficient in many amenities to begin with and then now are refugees in their own land. What ticks me off is these scenes from TV re:looting,all the chaos and other LURKING variables that accompanies disaster victims. I mean C'mon people are outta meds,food, clothing,etc do you expect them to sit and wait while DEATH is already LOOMING :eek: :confused:

Our super ranger in the white house is slacking big time. Iam beyond pissed at white America, I have resolved to passive aggressive while watching the calamities unfold.

PS: Please help our somali families and anyone you can in that region. I had a friend who just escaped Katrina-however her and her new family has lost everything in NO.

I was gonna root for LSU :D this year for the SEC but I guess I am gonna shuffle again.

May Allah s.w. have mercy on them.

Castro   

Originally posted by raula:

PS: Please help our somali families and anyone you can in that region. I had a friend who just escaped Katrina-however her and her new family has lost everything in NO.

Do you know where they have evacuated to? The Somali family, I mean.

^^qaxii iyo dhibaatadii

qolo qolo u dirirkii

nin qabarkani u dheeryehay

waa qiyaame oo ifkii ugu yimi

I really feel sorry for the Somali family... :(