Sign in to follow this  
underdog

New years Beef

underdog   

I hope all of you had a safe and fun New Year. I have beef with a few groups of individuals. I’m not trying to start any arguments, just want to share some opinions. Positive and negative feedback is welcome.

1) As I was out and about on the New Year evening of celebration, I observed a few things that ticked me off at first but ended up being a very amusing sociology experiment.

My hosts (that’s the everyday white Canadians, since it has become obvious that my Canadianism will forever be limited my passport and drivers license), given the chance to be “free” and commemorate the incoming New Year, they showed their true colors and all got drunk and conducted themselves in behavior generally reserved for livestock. Or maybe I missed the point of screaming “whooo hooo” and women exposing themselves at passing vehicles. So when given the chance to be their true selves the alleged civilized became xoolo. I hope in the New Year they don’t expect me to take them seriously because most of them just used up whatever credit they had accumulated with me over the past year.

2) I think most of our youth have absolutely lost their minds and I blame the older youth (myself included) for not giving a damn and being good role models. All the ciyaal have become Ganstas. Well I guess it’s only natural if the talk the talk they gotta walk the walk. So get blitzed, get crunck, beat down that n*gg* cause he ain’t reppin’ your hood or he can’t throw down freestyle. I mean seriously, of all the subcultures in the world these “young ‘uns” pick the one that dehumanizes them. Thugs and h*es. And I have yet to see anyone turn that into real money. The next fifty-cent might be called “kumi iyo tano”. The non-thinking masses, victims of capitalism. They might think they’re expressing their individuality but looks to me like they’re obediently doing as they are told. Ilbaxnimo via TV and magazines.

3) Our cultural treasure, the young beautiful women who have come so far and achieved so much, why is it that the more advanced you get the more you try to move away from your roots? I must admit this is a small and rare group, but you all either know them, have seen them or are them. Let’s call them the Starbucks angels. You have to be a slick brotha to work your way into their conversation until you identify yourself as Xasan originally from cel buur and then your ship begins to sink. At this point, speaking Af Somali is equivalent to firing two torpedoes at that sinking ship. You know who you are with the Smirnoff Ice and you actually duck when you see farax coming your way. I stopped stereotyping the all of our designer –clad princesses when I encountered someone that proved me wrong. But they’re still out there.

In conclusion, it’s another year gone and anther milestone. Once again we’ll continue making less than brilliant choices and some exceptional new discoveries. There are a lot of things that we have no control over but two things we do is our minds and bodies. Strong Mind and Healthy Body is a direct result of your effort, the ultimate self-test and the only things that will ever truly identify you as and individual. Its something we can all work on without anyone’s permission or approval. So keep doing what you do.

N.O.R.F   

^^^whats cookin bra.......

they showed their true colors and all got drunk and conducted themselves in behavior generally reserved for livestock

these ppl expose their true colours when they are 'crunked up' or have had a few

We actually had snow here!

I have managed to avoid these new year nights of celebrations for a number of years now, but aint surprised that the usual ish is still goin on, on both sides of the atlantic.

As for the Somali youths, they need reconditioning back in the miyi and maybe their cousins using their passports on the return flight. But still makes me sad walaahi seeing idle youths wasting their time cos they think they cant achieve anything in life except by trying to be something they aint,,,,,

Blessed   

^^ lol. The devil makes work for idle hands. But the youth, they don't know better because they not told better. We often complain about their ways - laakin do we ever sit them down and have a chat about things with them. Most of them are alot smarter than they seem at first.

It's hard for the youth - everything their parents were is attacked by the media and society in general- and how do we react - we insult them for imitating those who they think are doing well and for doing what they are shown to do - shake our heads and walk away.

May be we can make helping our youth this years resolution, eh?

N.O.R.F   

^^good idea

i'm actually in the middle of setting up a footy team in East London which is related to how well they are doing in college/school, ie no school or college then u is a ball boy, if yr doing well in yr studies then i may just turn u into a very good player, there is a local team who are doing the same, so an example is already there,,,,,but me is very impatiant with kids :mad: , may need some help,,,,,,,