Sign in to follow this  
Lady_Hustla

A Somali Student at Harvard kills herself

I MEAN COME ON NOW.... i HEARD ALMOST EVERYTHING NOW THIS :"the police say she overdosed on pills when the work load at Harvard University got to her and she felt vunerable to it's pressure."

THAT'S A FIRST , PLUS I WOULD NEVER COMMIT SUICIDE IF I LOSE 50 MILLIONS $ , EXAMEN "HELL" WITH IT, I PASSED NEXT TIME "

I THINK HER TIME WAS UP , THAT'S WAS JUST THE CAUSE ...

PS: BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE , I MISSED A BEAUTIFUL HALF WHITE/SOMALI GIRL :( , DAMN I LOVE THOSE MIXED GIRLS...... LET ME KNOW OTHER GIRLS IN THIS SAME CATEGORY IN THE CITY NEAR U .

MY CONDOLEANCE GOES TO BOTH FAMILIES... sorry

Kool_Kat   

Now this is someone I would loved to meet... So young, yet so mature... She has accomplished what some 30+ ppl would never accomplish in years to come... It is not her foult she was only half Somali... To me she is as Somali as one can be...

N'wayz, Allaha unaxariisto...

Goodir   

Honesita

....one dot of somali blood

That mean she had Only one dot of Somali blood. Remember its from the Female side.

The only thing which I cannot appreciate is to have such people in our community.

The action is harsh, unsympathetic, insanity and some sort of evilness.

We aint got no proof to defend the Brothers who are commiting suide claiming doing this for their DiN, religion and god. Yet guyz and gulz here are trying to defend and find an excuse for this girl and the anti-Islamic action.

Subxanallah

...Remember whatever misery, catastrophe, stressful you encounter at the end of the day you are here (This world) only to be examined to distinguish between the genuine believers and the false (disbelievers).

Always be thankful to Allah for the all good things you come across and as well be Patient for the all bad things you encounter as it is a test. To do this I m 100% sure you will get reward in any situation you encounter.

No offence intended

Peace and SalaaaaaaaaaMz

Rokko   

Dang...Ina Lilahi Wa inaa ilayhi raajicuun...That's true KK, whether she's 100% somali or Half..and half..dont' matter anymore na'mean. All we could say is that she did what she had to do to get where she was..but was meant for her to leave this earth like that..by killing herslef na'mean......

I wish she could've avoided..this cuz by killing herslef..is more..more..

Allaha U Naxariisto...

May allah forgive her for doing such deed!

and may she rest in peace....Amiin, amiin ya Allah. lady hustla thanx for the nice du'aa may Allah reward you for going what he loves most godbless!

Sad to hear this.

May Allah forgive her for that sin.

I wonder if she was muslim. The Harvard article about the incident sums up her profile and it doesn't say anything about her being a muslim student. Harvard has strong Muslim associations that would have commented about her death. I hope she took the Shahadah sometime in her life because she is the daughter of Caasho Xaaji Diiriye Xirsi afterall.

Ilaahey ha u naxariisto.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=255849

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=255683

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=255714

lol   

Its sad, ilaaheey toofiiqda hana waraabiyo.....ilaaheey marxuumtaasne ha u gargaaro.. but its sad!!

Haneefah   

Subxanallah...I hope that Allah forgives her for such an enormous sin.

I 've seen Indians take their lives for not getting to marry the love of their lives and i've seen wall street stock brokers take their lives for bankruptcy but somalis? and for school workload out of All? (Not that anything justifies for an act like this)

I just hope that the rest of us can learn from this incident and truly appreciate the imaan that Allah(swt) has bestowed on us!

Ariadne   

The reason why people are giving their condolences has nothing to do with her being a muslim but rather her being a fellow human being. We don't know if she was muslim or not so we can't jump to conclusions. And a little compassion is not such a hard thing to give away.

I am sorry to hear about the young woman that killed herself. I remember a year and half ago, i met this young girl in somalinet chat room, and she started talking to me, and then suddenly asked me if i ever thought about killing myself because she was thinking about it. She was having difficult time with her sister that was raising her and i guess wasn't maybe allowing to date or something. To this day i still wonder whether she meant it or just was playing as everybody does there!!! i would never know and that really sucks.

This lifestyle of america or europe have effected our elders i am not suprised it is effecting our youth this much. I do believe that somali parents need to be involved and forget the old ways and rules and support their kids. At this rate i wonder if not only we would have no nation, if we even would have our sense of self-being??