Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

Canada Calls Snap Election

Aaliyyah   

Honestly, the liberals don't appeal to me. That been said what are you gonna do next election? lemme guess you won't bother to vote icon_razz.gif

Pucca   

^that was my plan of action for a number of years..the next time though, im going to have to pull some moves to land me on pulse24 INSHALLAH.

It is getting very, very interesting. I never knew Canadian politics would be this palatable and exciting. I guess with Stéphane Dion and Jack Layton, I knew they would come up with something tangible and politically profound with history in making, of course with Bloc support.

Topple the right-wing Stephen Harper regime with their apparent, not-so-concealed hidden agenda. Oh, I can't wait to see that.

Kool_Kat   

Damn Canadian politics, as if calling for elections every few months wasn't enough they now want to overturn the new party in office iyagooba kursigooda u kululaan! I guess this is the last trick Dion had up his sleeve..."I will not go down without kicking and screaming" must be his motto...Didn’t he say he was retiring horta waxa jaan? Ignatieff would’ve done a much better job than Dion could ever do and now the chances of that happening maleh...

Flaherty's budget plan on Jan 27th should be an interesting one, bal weynu arki wuxuu sheego...

Baluug   

Well, that govt didn't last long! :D But if this coalition govt goes through, I don't think Dion should be the PM, he just took the Liberal party to its worst showing ever, and is stepping down as Liberal leader anyways. There's no way I want to see a separatist as PM, so Duceppe is out of the question, so that leaves only one half-decent choice: Taliban Jack!!

Waa wareey, sheekada siyaasadaan is getting more and more -- what was the word? -- mind-boggling.

Harper is scared sh!tless. Power jeclaa. Wanting to suspend the baarlamaanka to prolong his staying in power? Kamoon, Scared Harper.

Tuujiye   

Canada is better off with out Harper.. I wish the conservatives would have lasted longer if this guy wasn't the leader... and for the liberals, I think is about time they push Delta Mcgenty to lead them and not the other fools..

well with this coalition, at least Dion has help this time when it comes to communicating thanks to captan Jack! I think Dion's experience and Jacks communication skills, they will make a prefect government. The only problem is that the liberals have nothing new to show and will not creat more jobs in Canada. One thing for sure, Canada is moving to a new direction and changes which is a good news for all the young people who just intered the work fields!! So Get your butts up people and take adventage of this!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Miriam1   

LoL Maskin...I am like dying to find out what the GG is going to do. Canadian politics is interesting.

Never underestimate nerd power! (Dion and the gang) lool

Tuujiye   

^^ I guess Harper got what he wanted.. Governer general suspended the parliment... Dion has to wait for a while... I don't think this was a smart move by the GG because this will divide Canadians.... Why can't we just have a president and a VP?

Wareer BAdanaa!!!

:D . Forget Obama. It is all cooking in Canada. The Nerd Gang (as Hayam put it) is giving Bush-lite so much grief.

This was my post two years ago on SOL.

I like this guy.

470_dion_061202.jpg

"The delegates picked someone they could trust. The one with the most experience in Ottawa's halls of power. A friend, a respected colleague, a well-known former cabinet minister who had proved himself, time and again, on difficult files.
"Files"
is one of those words associated with Stephane Dion -- implying hard work, a studious approach, a methodical and legalistic approach to difficult problems."