Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

Canada Calls Snap Election

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:
Ar haye, Kuusha, walaxaa maqlee in birar boolal ah ilkihii kusoo xiratee xaaka jiro?
:D
Run miyaana? Hadda iyo bool isku dhuujisaa? Bisinkoo.

Xashac! Afkeyga xaakuu geeyayna? FYI, retainers lee waaye, not braces! :D

Politics is a matter of "what have you done for me lately?" and the NDP's or the Libs have done nothing for me lately.

Cadaanoow, afkaaga caano lagu qabay!!!

Dion is a joke...A vote for the NDPs is a wasted vote...I am all for Conservatives this time around...

While everything MMA wrote is to the point, talking about the past won't do much for ME at the present...So right now, as a Canadian citizen and a parent, I believe the Conservative party will serve my needs the best...Thanks to them, we now pay less GST (from 7% to now 5%) - with everything else skyrocketing, every penny counts; introduced the Universal Child Care - $1200/yr to use towards other child care costs; given parents tax credits for enrolling their children in sports...And that's just to name a few of the things he's done so far...

So excuse me for thinking as a perant, and not as a refugee... :D

**Although, I'd like to see my fav, Jack Layton, in office some day, his party just isn't strong enough!**

ElPunto   

^Listen to wise MMA! If the Conservatives would do all that for you thanks to Liberal surpluses - imagine what the NDP/Liberals would dole out to parents and families. Time for a rethink!

Cadaan - I doubt Dion is gonna crater Alberta and its oil economy - with the Green Shift. Economically - the parties are the same - except that the left wing parties would spend more on families. And if the economic crisis of the States starts to really affect Canada - you want tight fisted tax cutting conservatives in charge?

Aaliyyah   

yeh koolkat i agree with that, pucca theres no need for you to vote for the NDP. What's the chance they gonna win. I am also voting for conservatives inshallah.

salaam..

Miriam1   

ThePoint..great Point :D (Lame I know)

Aaliyah, it isn't about winning, our system is not like the Americans..we have option 3. A miniority government.

I am sure this is what the Americans did after Clinton's second administration. Hatred for Clinton's immorality turned to support for Bush's campaign. Oh and how they regret that vote now. How many Muslims voted for Bush because of such nonsensical issues like Gay Marriages...for its the GST! LOOOL

I remember watching the Liberal leadership convention, I really wanted Gerrand Kennedy to win...oh well

peasant   

MMA the conservative party desperately seek to gain the acceptance of new Canadians and I dont think it befits in their interests to have a deplorable view about immigrants. Also Canada is much different than it used to be 20 or 30 years ago in terms of demographic.For instance Toronto is the largest city in Canada and recent statistic have shown that immigrants make up half of the city's population. Other places forget about them, like the west coast were the population are predominantly asians. It is a foolish thing for any party to exclude the newer immigrants in their platform if they want to have majority in the House of Commons. Personally the idea that our votes are taken for granted by the liberals does not entice me at all and they have done little to deserve it. In the past decades or so the liberals were in power, PHD holders were also driving cabs in major cities and these poor people most of them arrived in canada when the liberals were in power with the promise of a better future. As for the NDP i dont think it is in the best interest for any self respecting individual to vote for that party. The only thing the NDP promises is to make canada a welfare state.

If welfare states are good, look no further but Scandinavian states were people are practically spoon fed and you have somalis who live there too and they are complaining about lack of jobs and etc. Infact some of them went to UK when their counteries joined the EU, the prospect of getting jobs.

peasant   

^ Dont vote hommy. There is always someone else who is gonna choose what is good for you. Rest assured we wont embezzle you or anything like that :D

Kool_Kat   

I DIDN'T VOTE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Had they not moved the damn voting station, I would've voted... redface.gif :mad: redface.gif :mad: redface.gif :mad: I just didn't have the time nor energy to go out of my way to vote...Oh well...

^ neither did i :confused: ... i was planning to but i got stuck at work until the last . and then my driver license had my old address . tan ma qornayn !

Haneefah   

I was really, really aiming to vote today, alas, my busy schedule got the best of me :mad:

P.S. The NDP was very close to the tories in SK, hopefully they'll win.

Pucca   

i voted for the first time today *i was forced* and as hopeless as it may seem...i still put my X on the NDP box.

there's no point in voting if your party just wont win!

Pucca   

Are you for real? woman, whats up with you? We're suppose to hate the tories!

oh well, i know what i'll do come next election...