Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

Canada Calls Snap Election

Miriam1   

Here we go...

Canadian PM Calls Snap Election

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has called an early election for 14 October in a bid to strengthen his minority Conservative government.

I think we all can agree, that Stephen Harper is simply scary with a miniority government lest a MAJORITY!

Time to switch off CNN and focus on CP24 or CBC...and get involved, to ward of this evil man.

Miriam1   

^ Stick to Puntland politics.

Its not boring for those who are affected by the results. If the Conservatives achieve a majority government, we will paying for years to come.

Explain how you will be paying for years? If they are conservatives, that usually means they favor less taxes, better high paying jobs, less government assistance, not to mention socially conservative which is aligned with muslims. How's that bad for any muslim person that works and earns halaal money?

Cara.   

^That was the reasoning of Muslims who voted for Bush/Cheney in 2000.

Conservatives favor less taxes for the very rich, not your average Joe or Xaliimo. Most of the tax cuts they propose are geared towards corporations, or clearly intended for wealthy people (eg estate taxes). Income and sales tax rates don't change all that much between one party administration and another.

It's funny how any measure by which to judge conservatives comes up short, even for areas you would think they have some strengths. In the States, the economy is in the sh!thouse, unemployment has hit a 6 year high (and that high was also unseen when the Democrats where in power), and "socially conservative" has come to be associated with picking up men in airport restrooms. Yet some people still fall for the same bullcrap. Amazing.

And I don't know what planet you're living in, but "less government assistance" has never been a rallying cry of Somalis :D

Miriam1   

And I don't know what planet you're living in, but "less government assistance" has never been a rallying cry of Somalis
:D
[/QB]

How true redface.gif

Moreover, we aren't the United States, and have history of Big Government from Universal HealthCare to Crown corporations.

It was under the conservatives in the 1980's that calls for small government were heard. This only lead to Mike Harris being notoriously hated for years to come.

We have to be really carfeul with this fella. He has introduced several legislation that proves his neocon agenda.

For instance regulation of herbal medical products, which only would increasing revenue windfall of large pharmacitual companies.

And cutting funding to hundreds of arts nd community programs, most notabably limiting funding to artists and film-makers upon material being approved by government ministries.

Our biggest problem is the Stephen Dion's lack of charisma. Erg.

Cara

Let me ask you a question, do you really believe liberals or democrats are any better than conservatives or republicans? Both the democrats and the republicans work for corporate and special interests. Do you know the amount of corporate companies and special interest groups that were in DNC convention in denver? Where do you think the donations for DNC comes from?

Both liberals and conservatives are pro-israel as well, there is no real difference between either group, and this is true for canada, america and the rest of the western world.

And the sooner somali's get out of depending on government assistance the better.

Miriam1   

Cadaan why?

What is it about the last two years of leadership that makes you want to vote Conservative.

It can't be the numerous scandals, very recent listerious contamination?

I agree with username in only one aspect, I like some of the positions of the conservatives like anti-abortion and anti-homos .... but the deal breaker is their absolute hate and bigotry against Muslims.

their social values do not affect me directly and the tax breaks wont affect me for the foreseeable future :D

I have also noticed that the economy nose dives under conservative governments :confused:

given their participation in the so called 'war on terror' and alot of recent policies .. I consider the liberals the lesser evil

Originally posted by Cara:

^That was the reasoning of Muslims who voted for Bush/Cheney in 2000.

Conservatives favor less taxes for the very rich, not your average Joe or Xaliimo. Most of the tax cuts they propose are geared towards corporations, or clearly intended for wealthy people (eg estate taxes). Income and sales tax rates don't change all that much between one party administration and another.

Big coporations need the tax cuts because they are responsible of employing thousands of people. They keep jobs in the country instead of shipping jobs to overseas. You tax the heck out of coporations and you wonder why so many people lose their jobs.

You try to keep those that are employing people happy first.

ElPunto   

Who wants to vote for Liberal leader Dion?! Behind his back even his own caucus calls him MR. Bean

I'm sitting this one out.