Sign in to follow this  
hiba

Personal fashion - for the girls

Aaliyyah   

Hiba there is nothing wrong with changing your style sis. just shows that you wanna a new look. Keep it up, till u come across one that u wanna keep.

wa salaaam

p.s. guys is suit are sexyyyyyyyy!, i usually c guys with their jeans falling down, i am tire of seeing dat ...time for a change!!!

^Its American for the look that some white rich boys have. why r u mad? :D If it makes you feel better some of my work wardrobe screams Bohemian Chic and I hate that too! But certain things we jus gotta do sax? And please call me Didi.

UK_ROSE   

I agree with all, no harm in changing your style every now n then so long as it’s modest and complies with our Islamic dress code. wot really matters is confidence and how you come across.

Most of my shopping is done spontaneously. If i like something then i will not hesitate to buy it within minutes.

Recently though I've started wearing Abayah 'Jilbab' to work, I think its great coz you can customise it with a nice bag n matching pair of shoes n scarf. It’s also convenient as I don't have to keep on pulling my shirt down as its too short.

Dresses look great on us Somali girls as we have curvy figure, try 3/4 dresses with trousers, they look great.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Public sector workers dress dully, even when they wear suits and other professional styles, they still look dull. They have a lifeless vibe to them. It's the environment. Govt buildings kill people's creativity. [/QB]

Totally agree with ya sis, I work for the public sector too and have noticed the dress sence is soo dull and working in such invironmnet dragged my dress sence down.. I haven't worn am eyliner to work for months!!! but luckely I always bring my make-up bag and apply some when am going out after work.

hiba   

I think I will do an e-petition.

All Somali guys must WEAR A SUIT AT ALL SOCIAL OCCASIONS!! Or half a suit / smart dressed. No trainers

I think a suit can make the most unattractive guy look attractive (or do my eyez need testing) lol.

I love a man in a suit!

Any supporters for this e-petition. Sophist - u might wana mention this at your next man gathering LOL.

I am serious about this people.

Sophist   

Suit wearing is part of modern day slavery in the city. I can't even take my tie off-- my old job was much relaxed in dress-wise.

Anyhow these days in the weekend I wear very casual but rather country feel to it!.

If you think you have a problem, you should see the folks in Mineapolis man. I think their color blind. Forget style they

lack the basic skills in coordination, 10 different colors in one outfit. I think its great to change styles, its the only way to remain trendy and on top of your game. But you need to keep a basic level of modesty and dignity (I dont know what some people were thinking with some outfits). My stay in North America has been interesting, people don't seem to care much about trend or style in the general public. People seem happy in daggy clothes and jeans. Maybe it because of the weather :confused: In Australia people are much more open to color and unique styles, maybe its the wamer climate = good weather = happy people = expresive clothes? oh well, GO AUSSIE GO :D