Sign in to follow this  
Benevolent_ Beauty

where were U 1989-1992(outbreak of the war)

Charisma   

Well i was in school al safaara al masriya by the way(so hi to all the ppl who were there), my Dad came to pick me n my little sis n he was fast n so anxiuos to reach home coz we could hear madfac.

I remember my uncle's place was next to ours his daughter could swear that the sound of madfac was nothis but dhawaaqa oo kal iyo mooy:). taht is of course the innocence of children n unfortunetly that is wt we all lost that day , but i feel very sorry for those r still loosing it daily in somalia now.

N the irony of life i remember few weeks earlier we had gon eto a farm owned by my Dd n his bro in afgooye n my cousin was like :yuqii this water(the one of teh river)is so dirty n was wondering how ppl actually drink this , n we had to drink that water n get malaria n all.

i think for all those who were in somalia during war time will always remember it ,atleast some of it if not all.

peace.

Mowgli   

Salaams

When war broke out...i was staying at my aunts house, i was about 4 and i couldn't understand why habaryar wouldn't let me go outside to play...so i open the door and saw tanks driving by and houses that were near us on fire and some collapsing...I remember talking to my mum on the phone telling her to come get me otherwise i was going to die...

i remember driving through a field full of dead bodies, blood everywhere...i remember going to the airport and people pushing each other...i remember the soldiers barricading people in...i remember women pushing babies into my mothers arms telling her to take them with her...

my final memory of Somalia was getting on the plane full of italian soldiers...and all the time being upset that i wasn't able to take my new dress that my ayeeyo bought for me the week before.

Qac Qaac   

Hey Chrisma i went to al-safara al-masriya too.. near aaran restourant right.. like the burgers there..

anyways same thing as chrisma.. i came back with a car with some of my mom's friends giving me lift that day from school.. and as soon as i came to the house and door was open for me get out. i hear a big blast big noise, and after seconds i see black smoke on the sky and i thought something blew.. and it will be ok.. but anyways we stayed one more week in xamar nothing became better.. and guys with arms start coming in to my houses looking for older guys.. and could find me a young boy and punch of ladies.. and then we left to madina. to kismayo to liboye to nairobi and out..

Charisma   

Yeah qac it was great , i used to leave my food at home on purpose so that my Dad give me money to buy it.

those were great days , inshallah our children or their children will be able to live in sweet somalia one day, amiin.

peace.

By '90, I was 4 eating mangos with pili pili in Nairobi and my biggest fear was getting cought by chokoras instead of a Militia Man with an RPG.

Pretty much sums me up, although by Jan 1990 i had already left for the uk

Walaahi for an hour and a half str8, i sat here readin' these, shall we call'em, "walks down memory lane"...some of 'em were rough otherz mild but all in all....very interestin....

p.s. some of yall might know each other from back home...u might be like "hey, i lived rite behind that that farax/xalimo, gosh i liked/hated her..lol" or summin' of dat nature...but seriously tho...this topic might help bring long lost friends OR enemies together...lol..wouldn't dat be summthin'.. :rolleyes:

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Charisma:

Well i was in school al safaara al masriya by the way(so hi to all the ppl who were there),

hi back to you too

Qac Qaac   

Dont tell me, charisma, jumamatu and I, went to the same elemantary school.. ilaahoow..

Jumamaatu meeqo humburger aa ka cuntay, baar aaran..

it's interesting to see alot of people here where already outside somali before the fall of muqdisho to the rebels. i was in Muqdisho during until it fell to the rebels then on to kenya by car... it was a very exciting ride. for a long time I thought the civil war started in muqdisho but... i guess that was when it started for me.

Charisma   

U know Qac N Jumatatu, i was able to go back n see the school when Siad bare was outr, n boy ow boy u could not have believed the mess. they had thrown everything all over the place.

We went there to look for my papers wc was not easy, u remember the headmasters office , the door broken n they scattered papers all over .even i think there was aroom next to his office also that it was the same case, n of course we could not find any of my stuff coz they were already taken by someother freinds n i got them later(i dont even know why am telling u all this) lol.

anyways when i left somalia i for many yrs believed that this was a bad nightmare n on eday am going to wake up from,u know kids but deep down i still hope my dream will come true.

N everyone should pray for that.

wabilaah al tawfiiq.

Qac Qaac   

I didn't even go back for papers or anything, i was too young.. we just left... from that sunday out for good.. anyways thanks for telling me how the school was after the president was gone.. but i would imagine the school doesn't even exist anymore nowadays.. maybe one of the side walls standing alone somewhere..