Sign in to follow this  
nafta

I Object!

nafta   

Yup

You read right, it's not your tired eyes playing tricks on you, I am objecting. I'm objecting against this so called new forum 'Dood Wadaag'. I was against it from the beginning when the admin mentioned this dreadful idea, but to have it implemented already is not on. Why would i have to think twice, before writing anything in my Mother language whether it's the right forum or not? Besides, if there is a Somali forum, wouldn't it be fair to have other forums of other languages, since people worldwide use this website as a means of communicating with other nomads all over the world. Thirdly, this would further seperate people from eachother, while the whole purpose of this website is to bring Soomaali people closer, or am I mistaken?

Why act in the interest of the Minority when the Majority obviously has no problem with the reading and writing of their Mother language.

Furthermore, i think it would encourage other nomads who are not so strong in their own language, to learn it, so they could participate more actively (if they wish) in the Af Soomaali threads.

I'm very dissapointed to see this 'seperation of nomads' happen to say the very least :( .

SOL used to be better than this

OG_Girl   

Nafta , sister, If somali is your mother tangue there is Somali people whatever they are half somali or full Somali their first language is not Somali and they still are Somali , you can't cut them off . And since English is International Language is easy to communicate than Somali .

Don't get me wrong, people are free to communicate whatever language they prefer and have no problem with it BUT My objection is when they think they are Somali more than any one else just cause they read and write Somali.People are who they are with their mother tangue or not.

Salam

I don't object at all walaalo though i was wondering in the first time.

I consider that it is more into Fun . . .

Actually it is good to have a section which is separate for our mother language only (not mixed like the other sections) . . .

Don't hate me . . . it is just my opinion . .

juba   

i think its good for those who have difficulty in understanding af soomaali. How does this negatively affect you, nafta? i don't see what the problem is to seperate two different languages; english and somali. It would be far less confusing this way.

although you are right to say somalis should know their language you can't subject them to writing in a language they don't know how to!!

that would defeat the whole purpose of communicating and that is the ultimate goal here

it is not seperation merely accomadation smile.gif

Qac Qaac   

I agree with u Nafta... we should not have that thread, for all the reasons u mentioned, for a person who can't read or write somali, would encourage him.. but now they know which website not to go to..

OG girl.. a person who speaks, reads, and writes is more somali then, a person who is somali because language is the mother of the culture.. and if u don't know how to speak to the language then u have less contact with ur mother tongue..

Well done OG_MOTI you went straight to the point sis and hey anyone is free to communicate whatever language they prefer to and it's not good to reject other people coz they cant write somali o well ya dont think wt ya say but hey iam out of these.

Pucca   

speaking somali and being able to read and write it are two completely DIFFERENT things...and i absolutely think not knowing how to read or write in somali does not make one any less somali than the one who does know how to read and write in it.

the new af-somali section is great!...saves me the trouble of taking words apart trying to make sense of things, now i know where not to go (af-somali, not my area), though i do sometimes browse through "that" area for practice ofcourse.

its also less complaints, though there is still somali being used in every section ...even with this whole section for af-somali speakers!

Tuujiye   

lol...qac'qac some one has just proved you right...

Nafta abaayo ha is wareyrinin..anaa ka daalay admin...

I don't see the point of having a section were people only write somali a problem as long as we are alowed to write somali every were alse..

People don't think you are band from writing somali in any were alse!!!YOU could still write somali anywhere you want..lol..

inta xitaa...lol..

If you can't read or write somali, when will you learn or you just don't see the ned of it yet..lol..

Nafta abaayo their is a huge age difference here. Some are realy young to understand the importance of keeping the language. And they are few that just don't like to write somali because they think is reer badinimo..lol..

People like me will always write somali and english in SOL till I get kicked out...

The new somali thread is for only the older people, so please if you don't understand what it says, geed loos=get lost..lol...

wareer badanaa!!!

nafta   

Og Girl, I do get what your saying, the problem is not communicating in English, but the fact that some people in SOL are disdainful to their own language. For all i care you could be talking in swahili, but why this fuss about your own language? It's not right.

Besides, it was not my point to suggest that people who are advanced in Af Soomaali should belittle the ones who are not. On the contorary, they should help them 'get there' at least.

hey everyone is free to communicate in whatever language they prefer to

^^ u sure about that? why the objections then when Af Soomaali is used?

Anyway, i could be argueing till i see red in the face, it just dissapoints me to see that i have to search for a forum to post my soomaali thoughts.

NGONGE   

nafta,

When a large group of people frequent the same site, the owner of the site has to create an atmosphere where all will flourish and feel comfortable.

Writing Somali in all the forums was counterproductive because it excluded the majority of the members of this site. I’m not talking simple Somali here: waxa la yedhi eyo la ma odhan! I’m talking about the type of Somali that you now find in the “Dood Wanag†section. Most people can speak, write and communicate in Somali, but not all are on the same level. Can you post something in the “Deel-Qaf†thread for example? How many Nomads who consider themselves fluent Somali speakers can? Wouldn’t you think it’s better to have an entire section dedicated to such topics rather than having all the good Somali-written topics buried under dozens of pointless English ones?

If you’re going to write down your thoughts in Somali, you do so expecting someone to read them and maybe even comment on them. You are targeting a certain audience. Well, now you know where to find such an audience and they know where to find you.

Still, this post of yours reminds me of one of those old black and white slapstick court movies; when the verdict was announced and the jury were shuffling off back to their homes, the snoozing lawyer jumped up shouting “I objectâ€.

PS

I remember sitting next to an Indian guy on a bus once. He turned round and started staring at me. He then looked straight ahead. I was puzzled! Why was this “barees-cun†looking at me in such a way? Damn timo jilic! I was offended (I was young back then). I kept on staring at him hoping that he’ll stare back and say something. I was ready for him to say anything that will give me a chance to punch his lights out. I knew he was aware of my gaze. He slowly turned his head around, looked at me and said “ maxad naga eegaysa?†Completely caught me by surprise and disarmed me! There was no trace of an accent in his words; the man spoke perfect Somali. He later told me that he grew up in Berbara and still had many Somali friends. I told him (laughingly) that he was more Somali than I am; he said something about my forehead and went on to give me a long lecture about what it is to be a Somali!

N.O.R.F   

So there is a Af-somalia forum, big deal!!!!!! :rolleyes:

since when did speaking somali on a somali site become a taboo?

Blo*dy somalis :mad: :rolleyes:

Nafta xaabiibti...I agree with you 145% this is not on....it's very disapointing to see that the Admin is dividing SOL family.

you know what would be right? if we voted on it....but naah the admin won't value our views.

Im starting to wonder if we have new admin perhaps from somalinet......coz i c some changes in this geaser

Pucca   

correct me if i'm wrong but was it not the somali reading/writing folks that asked for this af-somali section? the same ppl that are "disappointed" with this "division"? :rolleyes:

STOIC   

Between me and the other somali brother and sisters there is ever a battle: unhelped by their lack of concern for uplifting the less fortunate ones in somali language,they approach me in a half hesitant way.Who shall i turn to when i need help in my own mother tongue!.Now they all beating the drum to alienate me further from the rest of my somali family.Why did god make me this way! If only i can write and read my language.