Sign in to follow this  
umu zakaria

Weird Experiance

SA,

I lived in Kaleej and i had some freinds whom we regularly met and discussed mainly deen and some other important staff. Enjoyed their company and missed their inputs coz i moved to Europe.

I went to some ladies club in persuit of a good new freindship instead i was welcomed with weird glances and shux shux, some of them spoke swahili and said^naa midaan cusubna maxay ahayd? si xun bay ii fiirinaysaa malaha may arag wax surwaal qaba? reer dhoore waaxid and concluded that is why i hate those ever increasing new somali faces in this town. Shocked, i gave her the true weird look and could not respond coz my intensions and their reactions were way apart.

I left broken hearted and went to the local mosque where those woman sat in groups and started wispering naa halkay ka timid, waa qoladee ma la qabaa and so on. ooh, why cant we get to know each other as somali sisters who meet and love for only Allahs sake? I love my fellow woman folks but i really envy somali men for there are many who meet for Allahs sake and who love each other.

Do you have freinds you meet and disparse only for Allah,s course without xan iyo qabiil iyo ximin. If you do, may Allah increase it for you and make your meeting worthy.

Abyan   

Dont despair sis, there are good and bad people..

Yeah i have some friends, we meet and part only for Allah's sake, wanting to be under Allah's shade on the day of judgement...

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His.

(1) a just ruler;

(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),

(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);

(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;

(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;

(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).

(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears." Sahih bukhari

PS, can you enable your private messaging

Aisha   

..some of them spoke swahili and said^naa midaan cusubna maxay ahayd? si xun bay ii fiirinaysaa malaha may arag wax surwaal qaba? reer dhoore waaxid...

Can you translate that please? I'm curious to know what they said!

JUSTICE   

Why don't you try to meet other muslims, and break the circle of just having somali friends.

Not saying somali's are all the same, but it all goes to square one with somalis ( wa quladee?!@^%) especially women.

You said you came from khaleej, you must know arabic. Why don't you try arabic speakers, they are plenty and will have respect for you.

Ms DD   

Salaam

Where in UK do you live? I can direct you to good masjids inshallah. I find that most somali ladies arent welcoming but it is good tomake the first move and smile. They will be open a lot more. Just cos they are muslimahs in masjid, it doesnt mean they are not prone to backbiting or being unfriendliness. I completely understand where you are coming but i find that small smile and saying hello first tend to break the ice.

Ms DD   

Itaqillah..ayaa ku filan.

I recall when a friend of mine wanted to take her shahada. I took her to Whitechappel masjid. She wasnt praying obviously and my other friend who was with us wasnt praying as it was the time of the month. Anyhow my muslim friend sat at very corner with the non-muslim one. I prayed Asr. After the salaah, this somali lady came gunning for us, She said to my friends "why arent you praying" we told her that one aint muslim yet and the other cant. She screamed and told us to leave the masjid quickly as we arent permitted in this condition.

I can actually understand what she was saying but her manners to relay the advice left a lot to be desired. The non-muslim was frightened and thought she has done something wrong. Thankfully..that didnt deter her to take her shahada.

-Lily-   

Umu, you were way too maskinad, you should have slapped them silly.

Seriously though, go should have gone over and asked them what the problem was very loudly, they would have been shocked into scilence and next time they'll think twice before bit*hing about innocent ppl.

Zulekha thanks for hadith, may Allah strenghen it for you, i kind of envy that but with good intensions sis.

I enabled private messaging.

Aisha sis no offence but u kind of got some trust issues! we can chat if u wanna screen me.

Cambaro i live in norway. i smile and got some meaninful freindship i love them dearly it is just that here ladies r cold shouldered, dont know why.

Lily i do speak arabic but not fluent, i prefer somalis and just want to have what other races have!

Thanks ladies. This helps great deal.

mantra   

Whitechapel mosque...just this friday there was a lively discussion about how reer fulan girls have more edeb and xishood than hablaha reer hebel...very riveting stuff

aluta continua next jum'ca, all are welcome.

umm zakaria, Aisha is merely asking you to translate that line for her...

Aisha   

^^Thanx for explaining that to her Mantra!

umm zakaria, relax....it was a simple question...but don't worry about it.

Aisha   

....I've been around, maybe not as much because uni started recently and it's slowly eating away any time I have.....soon, I'm not going to have time to sleep! lol I could so see that coming...

Aaliyyah   

Asalaamu alaikum,

Umu zakariya sis I am sure you are just generalizing and many women in Norway could be friendly and welcoming. As you will find all kind of ppl everywhere. However you did mention that the club you were trying to peruse ppl didn’t wlc you as u expected of them, they gave you the cold shoulder and what not. So basically all you gota do is move on, it is their loss, you seem intelligent sister masha-allah. So just find sum other Islamic gathering where ladies meet for the sake Allah, where they certainly don’t discuss qabiil. Even though there is nothing wrong with knowing some one’s qabiil as Allah mentioned in his Koran:

“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).”

( Qur'an 49:13)

si xun bay ii fiirinaysaa malaha may arag wax surwaal qaba?

I am not here to judge you or anything, However I would say it is appropriate to wear skirt or abaya if you are attending Islamic club or the mosque . But, ofcourse it is your ultimate choice how you dress and they have no right whatsoever to judge you and give u dirty looks. And, as justices already mentioned don’t limit your circle of friends to juz Somalis, there are Muslims out there with different ethnicity, which I am sure, are free of qabiil talk or judging a sister right off.

Wa salaamu alaikum