Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

Somali forum

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

I agree with the majoraty this website is somaliaonline, if they can't read and write somali is their problem nothing to whinge about.

xashaa kulilaah xaraan kuuma xalaashowdo. gaalada aan afkeena aqoon hadii ey aqrinkaraan eyna qori karaan sida loogu dhawaaqo maxaa u diiday ay maryoleey / aw maryoloow in ey aqriyaan eena qoraan?

Paragon   

As usual to us, we opt for the negative only to be told the change is for positive reasons.

People do you have to look at one side and never even contemplate whether there is another side of the coin?

"Somali language has been decrimated this!" and "Somali website that!" For Allaah's sake - get a grip people and be positive and reasonable once!

Though there hasbeen some complaints, the change proposed is also intended to make space for Somali writers off all ages - a more comprehensive section where writing and learning Somali language is hosted. More like inviting older Somali writers whom some of us (Me included) can learn from them in terms of Somali knowledge. So, people why can't you even wait for an explanation? This proposed section will be attracting and inviting well-known Somali composers, Poets, Singers and Artists in order to learn more about Somali literature in general!

So, please stop being negetive and appreciate whats been done for the love of our culture and language..

Fadlan, axsaan li'ida iska daaya soomaalaay!

J11, i love the way, im getting bothered and u say something as simple as u have done (above) and its like water to a blazing fire (calm me down str8-up)

as for the new section...its interesting, i dont read fluent somali, so i will take it as an oppertunity for me to see the different written styles (i find some peoples written somali is easier to read than others) and to brush up on my reading and writting skills....

hey, no1 laugh if i go in there write somali and get my H's & X's, G's & Q'S, C's & A's mixed up!.......or if i use too many double letters (or too few).... or if i dont have a clue what u said and keep asking u to explain in detail.

(i have to run....ill add more later)

Paragon   

^^^^ :D

The plan is to introduce the standard methodology of writing Somali language. Since there are no schools to teach us the standard way of writing our language and learning the positive aspects of our culture, SOL has taken that extra step to create an opportunity for many Nomads to learn via the proposed section. Do you know anything about Somali Horoscope, by any chance? Believe it or not the Nomadic Somali way of life has a horoscope and many of us aren't fully aware of it. As it goes, unlike Scopios and few other stars, the Somali, it has been narrated have 28 holes of the Sun. Each hole corresponds to a period of the year. You may be born in hole of the Sun that says you are more likely to become rich or sociable than others. Well there you have it.

PS: It sounds very unislamic, but hey, I am using the Somali horoscope as an example.

lol, thats real smart......heck, next time i make a phone call to somalia, i'll ask my elders what my hole in the sun is! ill probably have more luck with that than asking what month i was born in.

so, jamaal, do u know if those of us willing to learn somali and somali culture, would be able to respond to posts (in somali section) with english....misee somaligayga jajaban oo sacad iyo badh , hal (xabad?) (how do u say sentence in somali? :confused: )--aan qorayay ayaan la galaa? how am i doing?

and does this mean that people cant respond to posts in general with somali ,its just that i sense this is bothering people refferring to segregation.

either way, whatever admin thinks is best, and i whole heartedly beleive its all being done in the best interest of everyone.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I THINK THAT IF THE ADMIN. HAD MADE UP THEIR MIND ALREADY, THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE SET UP A THREAD THAT WAS 'OPEN' FOR DISCUSSION. SHEEKADHA MARXOOREY BAA LAXEEDEY LAXA AND WOULD BE A DONE DEAL.

TRUST ME ON THIS, IF YOU HAVE A 'JUST SOMALI language THREAD' FORUM/ROOM, I WILL THINK TWICE ABOUT ENTERING IT B/C IT TAKES ME TOOO LONG TO READ IN SOMALI LET ALONE WRITE IN IT AND I AM A PRETTY PATIENT PERSON TOO.

This is SOMALIAONLINE, if this was SUUJISONLINE and we made a room for 'SOMALI WRITING' then I would understand

And Yes, I'm right about my OBSERVATION, it is the LADIES that SCREAM the most and yeah, ADMIN. leans towards them more. I've seen it happen a few times!

khayr, its sorted, the new room is being created, why u gotta stir trouble for the girls

even if we do come under attack more than u for our lack of somali knowledge (well we come under attack simply for being girls), we dont duck and dive and avoid being picked on, we admit we cant read/write somali, and ask others to respect us---i dont see how u can call that screaming.

what we should be concentrating on is the plans intended for the room, the contents and ways of improving what we already got....

lets stop bickerring and comparing war-wounds. we are all 'abusive victims' no-one here is innocent, lets just grow-up and get on with it!

Faheema.   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

I don't think admin posted this thread to ask show of hands on who is for it/against it...

He sounded like he already made his mind up,

If the Admin made their mind up with regards to the new Af-Somali Section, then WHY did he make this an open thread? :confused: They don’t normally make an announcement when making decisions on how the site is arranged or re-arranged. For instance when they closed the Teen Section it was their decision, and no one had any say on the matter. So, it seems to me they do want the Nomads feedback on this.

Salaamz,

And Yes, I'm right about my OBSERVATION, it is the LADIES that SCREAM the most and yeah, ADMIN. leans towards them more. I've seen it happen a few times!

I wonder if Admin would also be good enough to give KHAYR his own section? Just so I wouldnt be forced to read his posts amid normal threads. For some reason, I get a burning desire to beat him severely with a stick everytime I see one of his charmingly obtuse comments.

Back to the topic:

An Af-Somali section would be a brilliant addition to SOL for two reasons; 1) it would be educational for most of us and 2) it would get the Baro clan out of our hair. Now how can anyone possibly see it as a bad move? icon_razz.gif

An Af-Somali section would be a brilliant addition to SOL for two reasons; 1) it would be educational for most of us and 2) it would get the Baro clan out of our hair. Now how can anyone possibly see it as a bad move?

thats the most sanest comment i heard al day!

but sis, leave khayr alone, maybe its the nickname and not him, but whenever i see him, i feel i have to be on my best behaviour, its always good to have khayr around u.

i feel like soon some one will suggest admin make me my own room....i wouldnt mind that...i usually write dribble not remembering people are going to read what im saying

Khayr   

Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:

Salaamz,

quote:

I wonder if
Admin would also be good enough to give
KHAYR
his own section? Just so I wouldnt be forced to read his posts amid normal threads. For some reason, I get a burning desire to beat him severely with a stick everytime I see one of his charmingly obtuse comments.

Hey now, if u want to do some of the

'ROLE PLAYING' business, just PM and I can write your proper ROLE for you. icon_razz.gif

but sis, leave khayr alone, maybe its the nickname and not him, but whenever i see him, i feel i have to be on my best behaviour, its always good to have khayr around u.

Hey Silent Sis, you keep switching on me, first I'm a GRUMPY old men and then wait a min. :confused: , is that why u're on your best behaviour around me?

Say it ain't sooooo :(

Anyways, I'm glad some of the SOL OG's (Long time members!) are coming back.

I guess its Fall and were back INDOORS and on the net to tease each other.

Fi Amanillah

^--------walaalo, khayrow, Ilahaay khayr ha ku siiyo,

i respect u, and i dont think u are an older man, i think u are wiser than me, and i tread carefully out of respect...

i love u as my brother for the sake of Allah, nothing less and nothing more (please dont take anything i say as an offence but as a light-hearted weak attempt at a joke)

Anyways, I'm glad some of the SOL OG's (Long time members!) are coming back.

im just shocked to see so many changed names, few familiar faces, and this new weird family phase some of our old memebers are going through!

Sophist   

War ma anigaa reer Alkaaf ka mid noqdey mise dadka qaarkii iyaga oon la tashan madaxooda ayeey bilaabeen iney qada daadshaan?

Goormaa ilbaxnimo iyo af qalaad isku mid noqdeyn?

War ileen tanoo kale. Dhalinyaro dawlad ayaa inoo soo socota Hadii Raxmaanku idmo, hadaad dan iyo heelo kalee dahay inaad umadaad ka timid wax u qabato, hada fursadan aad heysataan ka faa'iideysta oo barta qoraalka afkiina hooyo.

Aqoontu waa udub dhexaadka Nolosha.