Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

15th Anniversary of Somaliland Celebration London UK

RedSea   

Somalia instead of Somaliland....loool

What difference does it make. I watched that CD, I have to say reer London wow....too many reer Somaliland in London.

Aaliyyah   

Somalia instead of Somaliland....loool

What difference does it make.

Walaalo there is a huge difference. I think we should advocate for peace and united Somalia.

wa salaam

Sxb,

people just show patriotism in differnt ways and i dont see much wrong with what the folks in london were doing.

i understand the point about throwing the flag though- that should never happen

I enjoyed watching the DVD. One of my sisters brought it from UK recently and it was well filmed. The sound was fantastic and they had all my favourite fanaaniin performing. I would have loved to have been there.(I haven't been to a somali concert, because I have just recently showed interest in somali music, I'm the king khalid era)

I didn't mind about the flag waving, it showed that they were truly proud of who they were and where they came from. I'm not from S-land but seing somalis come together that way and celebrate together was something.

so what are the requirements to join - be a member of this wonder? - I have a blood stock, do i need any more?

I say this because i cant help but wonder what it takes for a generation of young people brought up in the indignity of refugeehood and on the handouts of others to find comfort in the mental wedge that separate them from their closest.

this is why norf, there is a true and sad irony when you say "I hate how the flag is abused at these events".

Reminds me of Eddie Izzard's (a british comedian) comment on the

, if you haven't seen it before, take a look

anyhow, someone please enlighten me!

RedSea   

Caano Geel,

I would do my best, only if I could understand what the heck you zig zagged up there!

Aaliyah416,

Somaliland is peaceful, so I fail to see where you coming from with that. As far as Unity, its' their choice. Somalilanders chose to be their own, no one can force them to do otherwise. Somalilanders are happy with what they got. So yeah let us promote peace and unity though through our hearts.

the TFG isn't promoting neither you know that right sis?

Northerner,

I see what you saying, the flag has the Shahada on it, therefore poeple shouldn't be tying it around their wastes or sitting on it AT LEAST.

^Wallaal, in this humble corner, lets try not to talk of BFG's, TFG's KFC's or any of the sort, lets leave the partisan stuff in the polocx section.

My point is the same as AAliyah416 and Lazie, but my quarrel is not with the good people living in the waqooyi, they have enough on their hands. Its with well fed, watered and medicated diaspora that see in their infinite wisdom to go along with forever smaller carve-ups of their society.

Someone suggested to me that they may find solace in it, "something to be proud of, somewhere to belong", but what kind of pride is there in an imaginary fence between kin.

I'm probably too naive ..

Aaliyyah   

Somaliland is peaceful

Red Sea there is ongoing war in the north, so what do you mean there is peace and if you are following the news it is only getting worse. Never ending Tribal wars.

So, lets promote somali unity without dividing somali people along colonial borders, or what white man drew a century ago.

Somalilanders chose to be their own

Not everyone in the north support the secession. so far I hope you are following me, so the fair question to ask is why should Somalilanders force other northerns to follow their seccesion?? How can you be double standard? look for freedom yet deny others for the same cause that you are fighting for? the so called

"freedom". Sadly to say, there is a great deal of hypocrisy in this matter.

the TFG isn't promoting neither

Lets be honest, when tomorrow comes, and the TFG leaves, at least the country is United, and we have a chance for better government. However, Somaliland is dividing the country,don't you see that?? and if that happens there is no tomorrow for Somalia? because there is no Somalia.

This is the era of globalization. Continents are uniting ? ..lemme do a quick recap for you? what is EU? NAFTA? NATO? G8? .....I hope you get the point? we dont have to go back to ancient times, and divide our country with stone age's mentality.

N.O.R.F   

CG

The flag is 'abused' when thrown around as it has the shahada on it. If it did not have the shahada i wouldnt call it abuse.

ps are you a fan of Eddie Izzard? :D