Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

How should they defend themselves?

bush   

Nomads and Junior nomads alike, I would like to take this oppurtunity to offer you guys an advice. Fighting back is in human nature, dont let those bucktoothed english *******s push you around. We all need to work together and rid terrorism in our lives. You see I would classifier this act as terrorism. Point blank an act of terror. Just say no to terror. Fight back and you will see how much respect you will get, even if you loose they wont keep picking on you.

Hey I was once in your position back in my youth years in this great nation of mine. But I overcame it and now those *******s are paying a price.

I would also take this opportunity to condem the killing of our diplomat in Jordan. Rest assure those who were behind it will be captured and dumped into Pelican bay prison and let those crazy gang member deal with them

Thank you very much and God bless America

Scarface...

The quote ur refering to was in this context....

Originally posted by Cant_Remember:

Let me just shift our concern from how should we defend ourselves to how can Somali victims get justice. There are a considerable number of Somali victims (some were killed and others suffered a serious injuries) but most of their offenders or murders haven't been brought to justice yet. This is partly cause we don't get the attention that needed to put pressure on the police to catch the killers from the media or the govts. Also most Somalis don't follow up their cases in courts.

This gives an encouragement to certain groups, that don't like Somalis for some weird reasons, to target them. Some areas of London it's a common view held by non-Somalis that
'you're safe from prosecution to kill a Somali.'

Can't_Remember makes a good point, don't u think so?

Those from ethnic backgrouds fighting for justice might not be getting anywhere as u stated...but they at least have the tenacity, determination and resources to fight for their rights. Look how long it took for the Lawrence family to get, forgetting justice for the moment, any sort of acknowledgement of wrong-doing on the part of the Metropolitan Police. Do u think a Somali family would have gone thru all that? I don't think so...the odds are stacked against us and we are not at that stage yet.

We'll get there tho, insha'alaah.

I'm yet to see a better solution than mine been came up with by my fellow nomads.

Although the M-tz based it's reply on the criticism of my solution to the problem. My solution is quite workable - I mean think about it - One Somali Community in whole of UK (Somali Council of Britain), with outlets on every major Somali populated areas.

With a Chamber of Self-Defence - which is responsible for protection of the nomads, where ever they might be based in the UK.

Obviously it will have other chambers which deal with the interest of the Somalis including - Business, Education, Preservation of their culture, Propagating Islam and working out solution to the problems back home instead of contributing it all the time etc,

How does that sound???

lol   

Barwaaqo: Salaam sista first of all... secondly it is sad, the hostility we witness around us, whether its directed towards us or those that share a trait with us be it physically or spiritual. I do agree with Kamadage's ( :D ) ) solution. Home is where we get respect, and superiority. We are the fruit of Somalia, without us, trust me till everyone goes back, there will never be peace and harmony restored. Lives will be sacrificed for the larger good.

All I can say to u is, watch out! And be alert of ur surrounding. We r not safe here ( America) as well... God be with us...

Gediid   

Ironically somali hore ayaa loo sheegey....They are lions when fighting against each other but ***** cats when faced by other nations.

Blessed   

What makes it sad Barwaqo is the the elders don't take Somali-on-Somali fighting very seriously. Some in fact encourage it for some sick reasons.

Also, Somalis not going to the police... I think it's to with language barriers .. but why arn't the people who are supposed to help the community getting invovled?

This whole issue makes me :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Ameenah:

...but why arn't the people who are supposed to help the community getting invovled?

I don't know walaalo. Nobody seems that interested. There are so many 'Somali community' centres...yet nothing is actually improving. I wonder...what do they actually do for their community other than providing interpreters and organising the occassional get-together?

Hibo...

Luv, it's good to see u around. Going back to Somalia is always an option. Anybody who's fed-up with life in the West just buys a one-way ticket back to the country. A safety net of sorts I guess.

Sayid*Somal...

That sounds like a dream.

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

... I don't know walaalo. Nobody seems that interested. There are so many 'Somali community' centres...yet nothing is actually improving. I wonder...what do they actually do for their community other than providing interpreters and organising the occassional get-together?

Barwaaqo, I believe you have touched the root of the problem. It is up to the community to get together and find viable solutions.

Cheers

Sayid*Somal...

That sounds like a dream.

High Barwaaqo

What is wrong with dreaming (as long as I can turn my dreams into reality)

If my recollections serve me right I Thought that you were the "dreamer, idealist"

ScarFace   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

I mean think about it - One Somali Community in whole of UK (Somali Council of Britain), with outlets on every major Somali populated areas.

With a Chamber of Self-Defence - which is responsible for protection of the nomads, where ever they might be based in the UK.

hey SAYID SOMAL trust BRUV thats a good idea but ppl in tha UK are not UNITED walaahi everyone just helps out each other or der QABIIL in tha UK everyone does tings for der QABIIL which from mah point of view IS a FKIN DISGRACE.

so wen tha WHOLE UK forgets about QABIILS den THA CHAMBER OF SELF DEFENCE AND OTHER tings may come into power.

BUT before that BARWAAQO sista ppl in tha UK including ourselfs have to think of a WAY of uniting/getting dem off tha DSS AND SOCIAL SECURITY ALLOWANCE:D

SAYID somal THAT AINT a dream BRUV THATS REALITY

so BARWAAQO yu got betta idea JUST HOLLA and write it down........... smile.gif

Paragon   

I don't normally visit this part of the forum. I am glad i have visited it this time. This is an important issue, affecting us more than anything else. I wish i could come up with a good way of handling this issue.

Dhimbil   

Barwaaqo

this is bad situation, but the posters here have given great ideas, i like the idea of creating after school programs like sport tournaments, other contest or homework assistance after school, so the kids will be bussy with thing to do and would not have time to hang around.

good luck

Fellow nomads...

Horta...did I thank u all for replying? No? Well!...I don't kno what's happened to my good manners. THANK U all 4 ur inputs.

Sayid Somal...

LoL...we seem to hav misunderstood each other walaalo. 'Like a dream' is a turn of phrase I use in place of words such as 'brilliant' and 'fantastic'. I should have made myself clear. Sorry.

I'm bringing this topic back because I didn't feel like starting a new one.

I don't keep up with current, or more importantly, community affairs as much as I used to. However, even in my semi-comatose existence I have read or heard about numerous cases where young Somali men have been attacked, shot at or murdered in London...within the last two months.

I have been searching for newspaper articles online, but am not having much luck. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

N.O.R.F   

I'm affraid its a cold world we live in, there is no solution to this problem. Seeing a somali being beaten by a non-somali is enough to make your heart pound with anger (whatever the reason) and most of us will do anything to help, even risk one's own life just to help your brother. I dont see this happning in other cultures unless they actually 'know' the person being beaten.

I guess we are naive as a people and dont know where and when danger lurks. Hence the larger number of teens being involved in trouble. Of course there are other reasons why teens are getting into too much trouble but more and more innocents are being targeted for being 'somali'.