Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

How should they defend themselves?

HONEY-D   

I remember reading an article few years back about this american reporter who said london was becoming more violence than (new york city) and my respond 2dat was get real but to think about it now i hate to say this but da guy saw something our eyes couldnt catch at the time whether it was a pure denial or not paying much attention to wat was happening i wouldnt know. Our teenagers r mixing with the wrong kind of ppl and i think its da duty of every parent 2know what their kids r up to. I know its hard 2keep an eye on todays teenagers but if da parent dont then who will.

And since we dont have a community organisation which represents all of us its difficult to let the authority know our concerns and worries or what actions we should be taking to tackle and deal with da problems arising in our community.

I just cant help thinking the system is in favor of the criminals take (keysar) for example da two boys who r responsible 4his death r not punished 4their horrible crime and wat is more da murderer's evil act was justified by both da judge and his loyar. The murderer's loyar said 'There r no winners and loosers in this case one boy lost his life another never had one' i mean wat kind of excuse is dat. I felt sick to see the grieving parents and sipplings at the graveyard. this so called system has failed to protect children like keysar and demolola tylor.

I admire our ppl in north america and especially canada for standing up 4 themselves and how united they r when faced with problems. :D:D:D

Let me just shift our concern from how should we defend ourselves to how can Somali victims get justice. There are a considerable number of Somali victims (some were killed and others suffered a serious injuries) but most of their offenders or murders haven't been brought to justice yet. This is partly cause we don't get the attention that needed to put pressure on the police to catch the killers from the media or the govts. Also most Somalis don't follow up their cases in courts.

This gives an encouragement to certain groups, that don't like Somalis for some weird reasons, to target them. Some areas of London it's a common view held by non-Somalis that 'you're safe from prosecution to kill a Somali.'

Kruella   

I don't think arming young kids is the solution here, we are not aiming for REVOLVERlution but rather a less drastic outcome. We want our people and kids to be safe on the streets, so i think it's better to have workshops and forums where they can unite and share ideas of how to protect themselves without harming anyone. Most people here mentionned good solutions. And I think the best one is to stear clear of situations where they can find themselves in the midst of danger. Sports, Reading clubs, and many more Hobbies can reduce the time kids roam the streets and thus avoid running into the wrong crowds.

Insh'allah we'll find the right solution.

salams

Salaams,

What a shocking news that is. That goes for the English Citizens too, not just Somalis.

What is the Govn't's motives for banning handguns?? - not only will it not reduce the violent, but also leaves law-abiding immigrants at the mercy of criminals who are confident that their victims don't have the means to defend themselves.

I'm not proponent of putting guns in the hands of children - they are not responsible enough to handle such things - But to imply that adults are not responsible enough to have such freedoms is ludicrous.

They want you to sit idle and let the criminal rule !!! I read an article about - Two burglars broke into a man's house - He met them with a shotgun. Killed one and wounded the other. HE is in jail for protecting his home!! - His crime? Illegal, unregistered shotgun and ofcourse taking the life of one burglar!!

He is in jail still - The wounded burglar??? He did 18 months and guess what is happening now? The burglar is SUING the homeowner, and further guess what? The Govn't has given him 5000 lbs to Do It!!! How's That for justice????

As for a suggestion, Somali families in London ought to move to the Suburbans - Away from City crimes/violence.

Lotsa families in the States & Canada take that route - they bring the children back once hey get passed of adolescence/puperty - Believe it nor not those kids turn out to be healthy minded, mature indivuals, ready for college - full of life and ambitious.

Its very possible that the families of the young victims in London still live in the same area(?) - cuz its convinient? or they've Somali neighbors?

How foolish can one be to think thats enough reason to still live there and watch your kids being stabbed one by one!! Ya Allaah..Lord have mercy - About time they get out of their comfort zone, and move out.

Don't mind me preaching! I just love our children, innocent little creatures - it brings tears to my eyes when they wrongfully die.

As the song goes...(I believe the children Are our future...Teach them well And let them lead the way...) - What a difference it would make if some parents could just do that!!

BTW Barwaqo, how do you manage to live in such a dangerous neighborhood??? One bloody Strong Lad, aren't ya ;)

TO THE GIRL WHO STARTED THIS TOPIC, U KNOW U NEVER TOLD THE WHOLE STORY, OF WHAT HAPPENED, GIRL U MAKING IT SOUND LIKE WE SOMALIZ ARE WEAK PATHETIC FOOOLZ, WALAAHI THAT JUZ MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.

WELL I USE 2 KNOW THAT BOY WHO GOT STAPPED AND HIS NAME WAS KAYSE-OAMR {ilaahay haw naxariisto}

BUT EVEN THOUGHT I DONT WANA SAY ANYTHIGN BAD ABOUT THIS BOY KAYSE, I HAVE SINCE I KNOWN HIM HE USE 2 HANG ROUND WITH THA WRONG CROWD, PERSONALLY I DONT BELIVE IN MIXIN WITH NO 1 BUT UR OWN ,, CUZ LOOK WHAT MIXIN DID 2 THIS BOY,,

BUT STRAIGHT THE FOLLOWING EVENING WHEN HIS BIGER BROTHER AN HIS PEOPLES FOUND OUT,, WALAAHI DOWN INA AREA CALLED WHITE CITY HIS COUSIN WAS SO ANGRY AN IN PAIN HIS BIG BROTHER AN HIS COUSINS KILLED 1 JAMAICAN MAN 4 NO REASON AT ALL,, BECUZ THEY HIT EATCH OTHERS SHOULDERS AN THE JAMAICAN STARTED GETTIN LIPPY,,CUZ AT THAT TIME THEY DDINT KNOW WHO KILLED THEY LITTLE BROTHER, ALL THEY KNEW WAS IT WAS JAIMIACANZ,,SO THEY STAPPED HIM 9 TIMES IN THE THOAT AN CHEST, EVEN THEIR DISCRIPTIONS WERE ON THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER.

AND WHERE THE LITTLE BROTHER GOT KILLED IS LIKE 5 MINUTES WALK FROM MY HOUSE {CHURCH ROAD ESTATE}.

BUT WHA U HAVE 2 REALISE IS THAT EVERY DAY ,,BLACK -WHITE INDIANZ EVEN SOMALIZ DIE,

PEOPLE DIE , NO MATTER WHA THEY ARE, BUT WE JUZ FEEEL IT BCUZ ITZ ONE OF OUR OWN, WHEN WE SEE HOW MANY BLACKS GET KILLED EVERY DAY INTHE NEWS,,IT SINT A BIG DEAL 2 US,,,,BUT THIS LOVE WE GOT 4 1 ANOTHER WILL COME THRU,,,,wun

ITZ NOT ABOUT THAT SOMALIZ CANT PROTECT THEM SELFES, ITZ BCUZ EVERY 1 IS GONNA DIE ONCE,,,ALLAH HAS ALL READY WROTE THIS DOWN AN NO MATTER WHA WE SAY OR DO,,AINT NOTHING GON CHANGE,

Originally posted by SouL_LaDy:

As for a suggestion, Somali families in London ought to move to the Suburbans - Away from City crimes/violence.

Barwaaqo I do not live in the UK and can not comment specificly about the situation there but I do agree with the suggestion of sister Soul_Lady 100%. Subsidy housings may safe you few bucks at the moment, but these places are full of bad influences for the children such as drugs, prostitutions, gangs, teen pregnancy and what have you!

I will also add to that, it is necessary for our own survival everyone to get involved in the matters of our communities and our own developement. After school programs such as tutoring, sports, and even religious studies (dugsi quraan) are proven ways to inspire kids to do the right things, while giving them a head start in real life.

I do understand the anger we might feel in such tragedies as this, but arming ourselves and forming gangs to protect ourselves, as some of you suggested, will only create more problems.

Secondly, imho, we should model ourselves after communities that are sucessful and use their formulas. We should ask ourselves what this communities did to preserve their language, religion, culture, values, and family integrity in diaspora? We can learn a whole lot from the Jews, Greek, and Italians if we want to work for it.

I am very proud of the good samaritan hero who got off the bus to help out his countryman in need. I wish both of them a quick recovery...

Cheers.

ScarFace   

BARWAAQO listen sis in yur post yu talked about yung somali brothas gettin stabbed. BUT if we talk about the TRUTH in LONDON the yung somali brothas dat GOT KILLED OR STABBED is actually QUITE small compared to THA BLACKS, ASIANS AND WHITES dat get stapped every year. As YU know we live in hostile COMMUNITY so all yu can do is LOOOK out for yurself and for YUR FAMILY and hope nothing BAD HAPPENS.

LISTEN SOMETING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO Me

AM TALKIN from experience. 15 BLACK BOuys AGED BETWEEN 17-19 AGAINST me and MAH LIL BROTHA they TRIED IT WITH US BUT WE WERENT HAVIN IT :mad: COZ where i live somali PPL are respected and THA MAJORITY OF THA PPL IN OUR COMMUNITY ARE BLACKS I MEAN 70%BLACKS 20%ASIANS 10%SOMALI's

WE GOT SOMALI YOUTHS in GROUPS AND DEY CAUSE SOME DAMAGE. so all SOMALI PPL CAN DO IS GET INTO A GROUP AND START HANGIN WITH EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!! AND SOME PPL in ere are talkin about GUNZ(are yu lot mad!!!!!!!)

tha GROUPS IDEA WORKSSS AND IT WORKED ON our side of tha community :D

ScarFace   

Originally posted by B_A_L_L_E_R_Z:

BUT WHA U HAVE 2 REALISE IS THAT EVERY DAY ,,BLACK -WHITE INDIANZ EVEN SOMALIZ DIE,

PEOPLE DIE , NO MATTER WHA THEY ARE, BUT WE JUZ FEEEL IT BCUZ ITZ ONE OF OUR OWN, WHEN WE SEE HOW MANY BLACKS GET KILLED EVERY DAY INTHE NEWS,,IT SINT A BIG DEAL 2 US,,,,BUT THIS LOVE WE GOT 4 1 ANOTHER WILL COME THRU,,,,wun

ITZ NOT ABOUT THAT SOMALIZ CANT PROTECT THEM SELFES, ITZ BCUZ EVERY 1 IS GONNA DIE ONCE,,,ALLAH HAS ALL READY WROTE THIS DOWN AN NO MATTER WHA WE SAY OR DO,,AINT NOTHING GON CHANGE,

SO BARWAAQO IS NOT ABOUT HOW YU DEFEND YURSELF wen tha time comes and its all WRITTEN down yu will not pass that time..............

Carrying a weapon is dangerous. No doubt about it. But if everyone else is armed, then it becomes dangerous not to carry a weapon.

For example...A Somali guy was using a payphone somewhere in West London. He was approached by some Asian guys who told him to get off the phone...they wanted to use it. He told them to WAIT. They walked off...got an ax...AN AX...from the trunk of one of their cars, came back and almost chopped his head off. Luckily, he lived (alxamdulilaah)...after months in hospital.

What the hell are u suppose to do when everyone is armed? Get armed too DAMMIT! Maybe it's not a good idea for young teenagers to carry weapons...but it's a great idea for anyone over 20...IMHO.

B_A_L_L_E_R_Z, Scarface...

Sure, if it's written...then it will happen. If it's ur time to die, u can't get away from it. However, this doesn't mean u shouldn't protect ur children or urself from harm.

The fact that many Somalis live in dangerous areas (Harlesden, Lambeth, Hackney...etc) can't be denied. Also the ease with which kids...especially young boys...get involved with bad crowds, drugs and all sorts of filth can't be denied either.

B_A_L_L_E_R_Z...I wasn't specifically talking about Kaysar (ilaahay janada ha ka waraabiyo), altho he is another tragedy. The boy was 15...he shouldn't have been hanging around with any bad crowds in the first place. The fact that he did shows how vulnerable ciyaal keenu are.

Plus I know loads of ppl die everyday whether black, white or asian. What u have to realise, is that as a community, we are very small compared to the other ethnic minorities. Also, we haven't been in this country for long...so we are in a weak position...susceptible to any social disease that comes our way...which means the number of Somali murders is too high...to be ignored any longer.

Soul_Lady, Mr_Liquid _Ice

Those are very sensible suggestions....(moving to the Suburbs)...but the problem is that the property market in London and the surrounding areas has gone thru the roof in the last couple of years. It has almost become impossible for the average person to afford buying a property. Even small studio and one-bedroom flats are going for over £100,000.

So, most Somalis rightly rely on council housing, which in turn is a problem because families tend to be placed in run-down, crime-ridden estates. What's to be done? It's a catch-22 situation.

Cant-remember...

"Ur safe from prosecution to kill a Somali"

That's true. To get any sort of justice...u need to browbeat the police, the prosecution service and everybody else in between. This is especially true for ethnic minorities. But the black and Asian communities have now started to fight back...unlike the Somalis. Whichever way u look at it....WE NEED SERIOUS HELP.

Sayid*Somal

LoL @ Somali mafia...U almost sound as bloodthirsty as someone I kno.

Tamina...

LoL...ur cuz sounds like moi. I never leave home without my lil swiss army knife. Makes me feel like I'm not totally helpless...even if I'm.

Blessed   

Barwaaqo

Damn girl, where do you live Eltham?

Well your area is pretty notorious for racist attackes iniit?

I really have a problem with youth that roam arround the streets for no apparent reason. Somali communities need to addrress the issue and provide safe hanging out environments, such as youth clubs for them.

I think the reason a lot of them get into trouble is because they have nothing better to do then hang out with mates (who don't know better) and thats where the trouble starts. It can also be people acting out the expected responeses they precieve from telivision (and gangsta videos).

What really bugs me is the way, our community seems to ignore the fact that our Youth are being killed ... most of these killings are blatant racial attackes, so why aren't we taking this to the authorities?

Our youth are in a crises walaahi. If they a

aren't getting killed by Whites, Blacks, Asians ... they are picking on each other.

Allah help us.

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Damn girl, where do you live Eltham?

Well your area is pretty notorious for racist attackes iniit?

Actually it is...altho it's not as bad as Eltham. There seems to be increasing yardie gang crimes in the area too. Do u remember hearing about a naked guy with a sword who went on a stabbing spree in a church in S. London? LoL...down the road from me.

Our youth are in a crises walaahi. If they aren't getting killed by Whites, Blacks, Asians ... they are picking on each other.

Sad...iniit?

ScarFace   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

"Ur safe from prosecution to kill a Somali"

That's true. To get any sort of justice...u need to browbeat the police, the prosecution service and everybody else in between. This is especially true for ethnic minorities. But the black and Asian communities have now started to fight back...unlike the Somalis. Whichever way u look at it....WE NEED SERIOUS HELP.

DAMN sis WAT AREA YU at first and second WAT PLANET yu on "Ur safe from prosecution to kill a Somali"

YU KNOW dat aint true coz in THA UK every single ethnic minority GROUP WHETHER dey arE ASIANS OR BLACKS dey all feeling that justice aint done rite. EVEN though dey started to fight back LOOK dey aint gettin know where

LOOK at tha STEVEN LAWRENCE CASE da police had all tha evidence dey needed to put dem 5 white thugz AWAY but NOTHING HAPPEND.

AND one more ting some somali boy must have been killed couple of yrs back ONE of de boys dad must have flew his son out of tha COUNTRY to (PAKISTAN)coz he was involved in tha CRIME

tha POLICE DIDNT have it so dey tracked HIM down and brought HIM and HIS DAD TO justice????????

WAT DOES dat tell yu JUSTICE works sometimes IT GOES yur WAY sometimes it doesnt

M-tz   

Walaahi people Never learn their mistakes!!

I tried to read your posts to find if anyone of you guys here learned something when you left Somalia!!

All i hear is let's fight back...revenge,form Terror groups,Torture some individuals!

Some of you are complaining that one member called Somalis weak and their blood boiled to the boiling point!!

Violence is what you're preaching!! What burned down and raped to death the islamic nation once called Somalia???

Ok! let's say you go ahead and form those terror groups! And they start killing some people! What did you achieve as a community??

More hatred between communities,right?

More suffering,more destraction!!

And believe me more somali youth will be looked as "crimianls or gangbangers" in every way!!

Just look what kind of steriotype black kids got in America!!

Telling somali youth to arm themselves and form mafia groups will only destroy their future in the new land!!

Learn from your mistakes!!

Ain't we the ones who show everybody that we are the "best" muslims by all those outfits we put on everyday??

Where are they the somali sheekhs?? Why can't you organize something positive togather with other communities in order to stop this madness!!

Where is the Islamic teachings that we are so damn proud of???

We keep telling everybody that Islam is a religion of peace but we are the ones who run like a bunch of wild beasts without thinking the consequences of our actions!!!

Teach PEACE the true way of Islam and not ONLY violence FOR ALLAH's SAKE!!

Show the difference between a MUSLIM and NonMuslim!

If you don't then no one will defferentiate who are the muslims and who are not!!

Islam is for peace so let peace and positive thinking be part of your life!!

..and to be a peaceful community doesn't mean we're cowards!!

M-tz