Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Choose A Book

Senora   

^^You should read it and find out^^^....and even if it wasn't your cup of tea, you still had the benefit of reading....

Faheema.   

I am more of a sporadic reader... I only read when I’m travelling and right that’s the 1hr tube ride to and from work, so I doubt I’ll finish this book by the end of the month… However, I am looking forward to reading it, it sounds like an interesting book. Paulo Coelho's books are unique and quite inspirational.

Has anyone read Life of Pi By. Yann Martel ? I loved that book.

BOB   

I am a die-hard fan of Autobiographies but I am currently reading "Secrecy and Power" by Richard Gid Powers, I don't like reading Novels as they bore me after only a handful of pages.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Salma   

I had read the “Al Chemist†in year 2000 in English Language and the Arabic translated copy in 2003. Every time I re-read this outstanding book I feel that It deserves to be read again smile.gif

I would love to share the pleasure of discussing it with you nomads, hurry up guyz. Where are you SOL readers?

Any specific day to start the discussion?

1- 25/12/2004

2- 31/12/2004

Don’t tell me you celebrate the Christmas and the New Year , Do you?! I hope you don't inshallah :D

juba   

just wanted to say i got the book and it looks interesting. im gonna start reading and probably finish it by the end of the holdiay break.

Classique since december is almost over and no one seems to be done why don't we make the discussion start on:

2-20/1/05

hopefully everyone will be done by then smile.gif

Salma   

Juba:

Well, I have no problem with anytime. What I meant was that we need to choose a specific day for starting. Its not necessary that we all post our reviews at the same day. Wheneve they are done with their reading they can post their reviews. So even if its in January, when exactly in January? 1,5 or 15?

WOL,

"The Manual of the Warrior of Light" is another good book for Paulo. If you read "AlChemist" you'll find that he mentioned the sentence "The Warriors of Light" in Alchemist. So Iam sure "AlChemist" inspired Paulo to write another book called "The Manual of the Warrior of Light", nice green book, damn it I even remember the color of the books' covers :D

Salam

pearl   

since that book is read only by girls.. i wonder if alchemist is a girly girly book.. what kind of book is it..

why of course...u know we only read about girly girl issues like makeup,clothing, and my all time favoriate boys..boys...boys... :D:D

actually...i dont think there is a better suited person to read this book....this is ur ideal lifestyle...u would love it!

Senora   

I finished the book in a day guys. If you can spare a day or two, then I promise you'll get it done within that time span.

Make sure you really take in everything that is being said! I have some things I would love to discuss, so lets get to reading!!

Blessed   

How about the week of 8th since that would be a month as agreed?

It's an easy; short storey. Would love to see your thoughts....

juba   

well guys just finished the book earlier than i planned! Its a great book and has a lot of underlaying meanings that i don't think i got! but i wont give away everything. Come on guys get to reading! smile.gif

Blessed   

Heeeey, heeey heeey! Guess what?

Times up!

The discussion and reviews of the Alchemist shall now commence...

Some one start a new topic please. The Camel Milk Debate section might be an appropriate home for the book review- a suggestion.

I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts.

I'll have to refresh my memory. I seem to have lost most of my initial thoughts on the book.

Salaams

Wow, so many people loved "The Alchemist"? I'm gonna definitely have to pick up a copy then!

I LOVE to read. I go through like a book a day if I dont have to study!

OK, one book you have to read is The Good Women Of China by Xinran (I think! Don't quote me on that!)

It's an amazing book of several true stories about different women the author interviewed/spoke to when she lived in China. When I read it, I could almost see Somali Women who have suffered, maybe not the same plights, but had the same feelings of loss/unhappiness/suffering. It was so powerful. To this day I've got to take it out and read it every couple of months, and I've had it over years.

Anyone else read it?