Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Choose A Book

Blessed   

Salaams ya'll. Here it is, just register your vote here - so we can be on our merry way :D

The book with most votes shall be our first read, insha Allah.

In case you're at the choice of books - I just lifted them from Classiques list as it was agreed that she would have the first choice of book. It might be helpful to look at some of the reviews / descriptions nomads already provided of some of these books in the Hey Geek Squad Listen to Shehrazade thread!

Once book is selected, we can go away, read it and return with our reviews and thoughts in about a month.

Blessed   

Allah within 5 mins, 4 people have selected Beloved by Toni. Very odd, I hope your not getting paid for this...!!

She is a beautiful writer. But shall we give nomads till Friday to register their votes.

***Whoever is online should just take over and announce the winning book.

till then...Salaams

Salma   

^^^ She is a beautiful writer indeed, no doubt.

Anyway Friday is not that far. We'll see who will win the highest vote.

Salam

Almas   

Good idea,

I've read Reading Lolita in Tehran and Beloved before. There all good books but both pretty hard when it comes to getting into them...

Diamante   

ITS FRIDAY PPL!

And the Winning Book IS....drum rol...trumpets blowing....with 48% of the votes and 23 people voting for it...it's ---> AlChemist by Paulo Coelho

I suggest you go to the library or nearest bookstore...reading the book starts this weekend ;)

pearl   

Once book is selected, we can go away, read it and return with our reviews and thoughts in about a month.

the book is soo small u'll finish it in 1 sittin..

i wish..i could comment..but that would ruin it for u guys...so i'll save for later

Blessed   

^^Thank God for that. I have to read, summaries and present 2 other books (and audio lectures) for my sisters group by Sunday. I, worried that I would be left behind -cos I won't be touching this book till am done with my current project.

I know some of have already read it, but you have to keep your lips sealed and wait for the rest of us. Insha Allah.

Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; writing maketh an exact man.

Bacon

I haven't had time to read but i envy the readers. Writing, however, is my vocation of the moment. keep up the conference! smile.gif

lol   

Ameenah, since u have asked us to keep our lips sealed, I will, but I loved Alchemist...........its the BOMB.........read it girl..and its not that long either... so squeeze it in.. wanna see wat the other nomads go to say.. :D