Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

a somali-swedish affair

Lychee   

I don’t quite follow. Her family is catholic, so does that mean she follows the same religious beliefs although she isn’t religious? Or is she an atheist?

You say you think your friend hasn’t fasted during the month of Ramadan, or even stepped foot in a masjid for over 4/5 years, right? That actually worries me; does he even know the fundamentals of his religion?

Does he even know that a Muslim man can ONLY marry a women from the people of the book, and only if the she’s chaste.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Lychee:

and only if the she’s a virgin (chaste)

I don't think being a virgin is a qualification yaa Lychee...

Peacenow   

It is no one's business to discuss this but the couple. Shame on you for making public other people's lives. Religion has nothing to do with this. What is important is that both are happy.

Shame on you.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

It is no one's business to discuss this but the couple. Shame on you for making public other people's lives. Religion has nothing to do with this. What is important is that both are happy.

Shame on you.

hahaha.. Peacenow... adeer, relax... read what I wrote to Ghelle and Castro above... the situation is real, everything else is fabricated, so no one has any chance of knowing who I'm talking about smile.gif ... so calm down, cimamadaada oo kaadacday dulka ka soo qaad, khudhlak finjaan shaay wo estree7 ya rijaal ;)

Lychee   

Of course religion has something to do with it, maa la iska guursada?, dadkan waxba uu wada dhiman.

And the thread starter has done nothing wrong, it’s not like he stated names and addresses.

ailamos, It is not about whether someone knows you or your cousin, but what would you get of it(posting it here) is the question? I don't think your intention is to get as much opinion as you can get and present to him, or is that? What will what some nomads write on a random forum do for him? Maybe change his mind and the decision he already made? I guess not. Anyway, carry on!!

Khayr   

mothers have more influence on their children regardless of how good a dad he is.

That's a huge factor and men have traditionally chosen their companions (wives) those who represent the best motherly traits and can nurture children.

A marriage based on pure sentiment will wade off sooner or later because it just that - sentiment (an emotion that goes up and down like the ocean tide). Marrying outside of your faith and cultural background inevitably cares with it numerous problems i.e. problems with identity of the children,religion of the children, extended family dynamics and limitations etc.