Sign in to follow this  
ailamos

a somali-swedish affair

Jacpher   

^Maadeey maa calankii madoobaa iisii hay ku yiri?

Hadii uusanba naag gaal ah inuu guursanyo wax weyn u arkin, hada magac iyo dhaqan mawaxuu ka walwalaa?

That's what it boils down to. Names of ciyaal aanba la ogeyn imaashahooda is khayaali.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

I don't think your intention is to get as much opinion as you can get and present to him, or is that? What will what some nomads write on a random forum do for him? Maybe change his mind and the decision he already made? I guess not. Anyway, carry on!!

A bunch of random yapping on a forum will definitely not do him any good. But, my intention from the post was to see what Somalis think of such unions, purely out of curiosity. If I do find something worthy then I shall indeed pass it along. Anyway, I realize it was a mistake to post such a thread ;)

Originally posted by Khayr:

A marriage based on pure sentiment will wade off sooner or later because it just that - sentiment (an emotion that goes up and down like the ocean tide).

Thanks for the one useful response ya Khayr.

Originally posted by Malika:

Johnny B,isnt going to like this ailmos,he told you all this in confidence..
:D

LOL :D:D:D

Originally posted by Jacphar:

That's what it boils down to. Names of ciyaal aanba la ogeyn imaashahooda is khayaali.

True.

Malika   

Swedish women ragu beey bah dilan! :D ,I havent seen the male species so docile like the Swedish men,must be the nutbreaker women..lol

ailmos,it seems the woman is making all the decisions here,waxaad kutiradaa your cousin illahi baa nin rag kaa digee hedhee put your foot down..Atleast she should meet him half way,unless he agrees to her plans then there is nothing to concern himself about..wuu lumeey!.. :D

Now is that the typical response aad nagaa rabtee miya?

Having personal experience of this, i say so long as she is considered by those who know her as a good person than it shouldn't be a problem.

My sister married her husband who is Swedish, but was only given the go ahead after a period of study and reflection of Islam by her husband to be. Once he accepted (Islam) my parents blessed them and the union went ahead.

They have one child who is fluent in both Somali and Swedish, she is in fact thanks to her mums efforts and ours, very in touch and aware of her Somali heritage. however the danger is as i have also found is when the man marries a woman of another race. They in my experience tend to be more accommodating of the woman's demands and hence the children lose their Somali identity completely.

nevertheless what his parents think is paramount. So long as he tries to address their legitimate concerns that is.

Napoleon   

If the dude really cared more about his culture or religion rather than hitting some blonde swedish poontang, he wouldn't be marrying a gaal woman.

"Did you know the Swedish give the best ********** (this is not a swear word), We don't know either but we can take you there" an Ad for travelling agency I saw while back :D

Good luck to him and her....

Oz   

^^Loz, LOL what are you on about?

Originally posted by Archdemos:

They have one child who is fluent in both Somali and Swedish, she is in fact thanks to her mums efforts and ours, very in touch and aware of her Somali heritage. however the danger is as i have also found is when the man marries a woman of another race. They in my experience tend to be more accommodating of the woman's demands and hence the children lose their Somali identity completely.

it's not about the man marrying an outcast or vice versa,thou it's about whoever goes that path must strive throughout the relationship. In this case your sister stood firmly on her feet and addressed the guy about her Islamic values and cultural needs. That's how it should be done, but majority do go for material stuff.

PS: Don't play the gender card. :D

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote: ...

so regarding religion she doesn't want to indoctrinate the children with a particular religion and that they should be exposed to both (and others) and in adulthood the decision is their to follow whichever

Oh boy! This really bothers me because if he is Muslim, the kids should be raised as Muslims period! ...

ameen!

Lucky wacel,lol,an overweight xalimo(due to excessive junk eating) cant stand againt a blonde swedish hottie with a green eyes.period smile.gif:D

Aaliyyah   

Personally, I prefer a somali person, because I want someone who has the same culture, language,deen, and lifestyle as me. But, I don't mind when somalis marry outside their race, white black chinese etc...it all boils down to deen and we know it.Religion is the number one thing that has to be taken into consideration when choosing someone.Even that thou, we know religiously men are allowed to marry people of the book. that means a woman who is practicing judiasm and christianity the right way, not from these books that are like changed 100 times overtime. So, I dont believe people of the book even exist nowadays their books were altered. even that I wouldnt suggest. But, from this story what I gathered is the guy is not religious, and the girl is not religious..and they wanna raise their kids pretty much with no religion?? I guess in this scenerio you cant ask me any input...ilaahay baa u maqan labadan lol...I would at least hope he married a muslim girl even if she doesnt practice. Perhaps, down the road they will smell the coffee and allah swt will guide them..either way its his and her life. who are we to have a say?..at the end of the day everyone is accountable to Allah swt...and this man in this story isnt some lost young kid..he is 33...by this age he should have knwon better, should have went back to his roots and deen...but whatever...ilaaahy u dhaafa.

my 3 cents

salaam

Blessed   

She sounds like she's got it figured, knows her principles and wants to live by them. I respect that. The farax on the other hand, doesn't sound authentic at all.. are those really His concerns or his parents?

Originally posted by Eng.Cadde:

Lucky wacel,lol,an overweight xalimo(due to excessive junk eating) cant stand againt a blonde swedish hottie with a green eyes.period
smile.gif:D