Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Somalis=Talk=Loud (Embarrassing)

Samafal   

If I am being honest, Somalis are very loud, dont respect quees and lot of us lack basic discipline. A year ago I took my sister to Gatwick airport to catch an airplane to Somalia, and most of the passengers in the terminal were somalis. Guess what, the airplane staff had to call the police becouse people were jumping the quees and there were a lot of querrel and pushing you dont see in any where else in this land. And ooh dont even mention children running around the escalators as if they have never seen one.

juba   

^ tell me about it! somalis are loud no question. Every group has their loudmouths but we just seem to have ALOT of them :D

DraGon   

Qoute:

"MMA,,, can you get the correct URL of the Ethio... forum.. seems like its down or something"

lol. Action is ready for some action.

Originally posted by DraGon:

Qoute:

"MMA,,, can you get the correct URL of the Ethio... forum.. seems like its down or something"

lol. Action is ready for some action.

lol... you bet i am man... just wait till their damn forum gets up..

Honesita   

I actually noticed that too...i always asked my self not why are somalis loud...but why in the world am i so loud...!! I'm always told keep it down, talk about quarrels with white chicks in the library.....so it doesnt really bother me when i hear other somalis loud...i just smile, cuz it reminds me of my beautiful loud voice...lol..!! Last nite, me and my friends were hanging out at this lounge, and as we were getting really loud, this egyptian group of men were leaving, the guy jokingly said to me, we're leaving because u were so loud (looking at me)..i knew he was serious (ouch)...!!

Salaamz

Originally posted by Action Jackson:

MMA,,, can you get the correct URL of the Ethio... forum.. seems like its down or something..

Duqa, it seems to be down, maba ogi sababta, xaleey lee caadi ahayd meeshaas. Laakiin fiiri <A HREF="http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:3ptDa9ayu7QJ:www.ethioindex.com/medrek/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D37297++site:http://www.ethioindex.com+Somali&hl=en&client=firefox-a

">this old thread too, cached from google.

And if you wants the URLs, here it is, but still, it isn't working: http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:fD9CggaLIxgJ:www.ethioindex.com/medrek/viewforum.php%3Ff%3D1+ethioindex+forum&hl=en&client=firefox-a

STOIC   

I was shocked one day when my Indian classmate asked me why the ethiopians think that the somalis are uncouthed people.I informed my indian freind that the Ethos have a disposition to disagree with the somali people.Why do the ethiopians have a hard feelings towards the somalis? This is a question i have been asking my self for quite some time now.I have never lived or associated with the ethiopians other than minor shoulder brush in campus.I know i have deviated from the topic, i beg your courteous allowance unless it is depleted.

|

Muhammad   

^^ dad Hilib-Qeedhiin ku cunsiiyey oo Buuraha ku dejiyey miyaad jeclaan lahayd?

Markay Soomaali arkaan ba - Nabaro ayaa daqmanaya ee iska dhowra.

Siduu Ahmed Guray u karbaashay - ilaa iyo hada waa kuwaas hoos u hadlaya! :D

Xoogsade   

Putting Aside the long standing disagreements and wars we had with them, when it comes to personal behaviour and attitudes, they have some good points while we have some weaknesses as much as we have some good characteristics. No one is perfect. This is not about historical enmity but an observation people made about somalis. We should work on the weakness rather than try to dismiss it just because someone you don't like mentioned it.

Senora   

^^^Exactly my sentiments^^

It doesnt matter who said it, its whats being said that should be paid more attention.

man you should be proud of what u r guys....so what if u or me or them talk so loudly....theres so muchh more in this life than to complain about how people talk.....

Is this the sort of behavior you would allow your children to enact??? Respecting others, being mindful of the perceptions we leave behind, is something we as Somali's should be proud of.

While this sort of act is unfortunately a characteristic of our people, it is neither something we should be proud of nor something we should excuse.

Saalixa   

haa miyaa waraada ayaa kaa qayla badan tigriidaa?? i had a tigri friend and they talked habashi loud...and you all should not generalize. somalis from the north a little louder than the southerners no discrimination haa meslef iam a northerner but cannot help the loud screams and conversations in cafetertias of hargiesa. you live their few months and you get used to it.They remind me of Cairo busy loud suuq

slow down guys you only hear us somalis talk loud because you understand the meaning of what your people are talking about. but can you tell when the other talking loud. that is the point.

anyhow we bron to talk loude. becase when we are brone ( dhagaha ayaa na looga adimaa)

warayaaaaaaaaa maxaaa tiri kor uhadal ma ku maqli.

i belive somalis have the best manners

i love to talk loud waaaaaaaa wareeeeeeeeeey :D

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Salaan...

Folks, I was searching something related to Soomaalis, and quickly came across this thread ee ila aqriya bal:

I
n the city I live in there are so many Somalis. I like my brothers and sisters from the East and nor do I have any hard feelings but why why why do they have to talk so loud all the time in public...

I just spent 30 minutes at a coffee place during lunch to catch up on some reading and there was this Somali guy half way across this big sitting area and everyone, I mean everyone in the coffee shop could hear him talk on the phone. Of course, we don’t know what he was talking about and I don’t care but why does he have to talk so loud? It was so embarrassing

This is what gives us bad names. The problem is, the
white {bolds mine} folks can’t tell the difference between Ethiopians and Somali and take as the same

I am embarrassed!!!

By another Amxaar/Tigrey poster:

I
was trying to buy a phone card, Man it tooks me a long time to talk to the grocery store owner. These two gentel men from somali never stop talking. It is hard to interrupt. they don't care about you unless, you keep your mouth open like them. I think they have a luck of respect for others. I don't mean all somalis. You can't compare them with our poeple. Our people have more discipline and respect to others better than any other African countries

From an
forum.

PS, to those who wrote the above sentences, just in case you are reading now as I happened to yours:

@#$&% OFF!

MMA,

why are you telling them to f* off because they are telling the truth. Somali folkz are loud...even by another Somali's standard! They were not lyin'..and we should take this as a constructive critism and help our qaxooti nomads readjust their volumes! lol

MMA,

Saaxiib ma aheyn inaad itoobiyaanka foosha-xun nooga nacamleyso, waa inaad wax ka tiraahdid arinta kor u hadlida ah oo aad soo jeedisid talooyin iyo afkaaro wanwanaagsan oo waxtar leh. Tusaale qaldan ayaad noogu soo qaadatay waliba dad cadow inoo ah oo naceyb iyo dagaal naga dhexeeyo.

Waad ku qaldantahay arintaan aad soo gudbisay ee fadlan waxaad dadka weydiisataa cafis iyo inaad naga raali galisid, dadku waa qaldami karaan. Marka waa sidaas saaxiib. Or should I say to you otherwise so as to undermine the respect my people deserve of me?