Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Somali Mother questioned over suspected 'acid poisoning' of three year old daughter

Curly   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I can’t imagine anyone sane killing their child. Poor baby. How exactly was the child killed? The BBC is saying it was neglect, so it may have been accidental. A man has also been arrested.

You're probably right lily but neglect shouldn't be seen as an accident. Sure it might have not been done on purpose but were they as parents ensuring the safety and well being of their child?

I believe everything is the qadir of Allah and Allah has given us the means to protect and shelter ourselves and those closest to us...so why leave anything to chance when it's within your power?

-Lily-   

Curly I agree. But even wilful neglect is different to planning the murder of your own child, which is pure evil and difficult to accept. Neglect on the other hand makes her/him an irresponsible, reckless parent who should not be allowed to look after children.

As the saying goes, il ilkale ma alaliso. As in no one can watch and be everywhere all at once, so some counter measures should have been in place. Genuine horrific accidents do happen regardless though.

Malika   

You will be suprised at what is categoriesed as child neglect in this country..This is where many are paying the price of not knowing..I am assuming this mother,forgot or didnt lock away the harmful substance the child swallowed..and that is categories as neglect.You forgot to lock the stairgate and a child falls that is neglect,you dont brush your childs teeth,they smell,you dont talk to them[they have speech delay issues] that is neglect..and on and on it goes..Feeding your child the wrong food - it is neglect.

Child protection in this child focused society is very important,marka this woman will not find sympathy with the law makers.

Sherban,

Do you think she killed her baby because she is pure evil? Have you reviewed the evidence you speak of?

Remember, it is INNOCENT until proven guilty. So many people get charged with little or no evidence, especially in child neglect cases. So chill.

No, I don't think she is pure evil. And no matter what punishment she gets it won't beat the one she's already suffering, which is being deprived of her child.

All I'm saying is this woman is charged (not investigated, but CHARGED) for the death of her baby and everyone in here is like "oh my god, poor woman what is she going through". Does that sound like the normal reaction of rational human beings? NO. So you chill.

P.S.: As far as I'm concerned, when it involves children, it's GUILTY until proven innocent and not the other way around.

Juje   

This is more of an accidental death I think, still she is suffering more than anyone else today - she did not only loose a baby but is she charged with her murder.

Allah uu fududeyo.

No, I don't think she is pure evil. And no matter what punishment she gets it won't beat the one she's already suffering, which is being deprived of her child.

:D this is exactly how everyone is feeling. No one said she is innocent. Besides, we dont/cannot know wether she is guilty because we dont know what the evidence is. You'd be surprised how many people get charged based on little evidence. Thats where the trial and jury comes in.

Poor mother because she lost her baby(by accident or pure neglect) she is in jail and will probably have to live with decisions she's made.

^so what if it turns out she killed her daughter? Is it still going to be "poor mother"? I didn't expect people to get angry and say "let's burn her" because we don't know what the deal is so far, but I was unpleasantly surprised to see that everyone here is presuming she's innocent.

Like Juje. "This is more of an accidental death I think". How could you possibly know that?

I hope she didn't do it, but I get a feeling some of you guys (&girls) are seriously underestimating the cruelty of the human race.

but I was unpleasantly surprised to see that everyone here is presuming she's innocent.

Yep! INNOCENT until proven guilty. If, however it turns out she murdered her own child in such way, not only will she get punished by the law of the land, she will also answer to her maker for she has blood on her hand.

Curly   

No one has really commented on the father here, why is that?

I believe there are tragic accidents that are beyond the control of anyone when all known and necessary precautions have been taken to ensure safety. However if safety isn't acknowledged or even disregarded and it causes a death would you not then regard that as a crime?

I know that had she been a school teacher, doctor or anyone else entrusted with the safety of a child she would be under much scrutiny by us all. Of course we all assume that parents of all people would be trusted enough to ensure the safety of their own child but as we've all seen that isn't always the case.

So lets not assume anything and lets not take away from the fact that a child died and there is a big possibility that it could have been avoided.

Juje   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Like Juje. "This is more of an accidental death I think". How could you possibly know that?

How are you possibly sure of otherwise? At least am basing my assumption on the rationale that that is 98% unlikely that a mother will kill her baby.