Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

What's the meaning of your name?

Abdinuur   

OG_Girl, I am so proud of you walaahi!...you're so educated in the Arabic language and in the Islamic Law (assuming)!...that's a talent that most of us are struggling with and lack.

Nafisa, my bad...

My name is the simplest of all...its easy to pronounce it and I like it...lol :D

It means "Blessed with long life"...

I also go by Kaafi... :eek: And it means The Original Word in Arabic...thanks to OG_Girl

Changed   

Oh My God.....i wanted to guest ur name maryam icon_razz.gif

sumaya shoo i wanted to gues ur name to ;) (to bad i was gone for the weekend)

my name is somali and i still dont know its meaning ....well i know the meaning but its hard to explain......so i will let either Sumeya or Maryan give out the hint (wink wink)

well this is the hint from my side **giver

stpaulchick i dont speak arabic but this is the best i could come up with am not sure if the name is arabic but ama give it a shot...rajah( i know am wrong ) :rolleyes:

Changed   

lol.........lol.........lol.

OG_girl.......u guesed it right.........am hodan ayan and deeqa wink wink wink ;)

Miriam1   

Stpaulchick may i take a stab at it..

Could it be Muna.

As they say in arabic "munaye an ...."

I think mustafa amar had a hit song with that title

Adna   

salaama calaykum

actually i'm not sure what my name would be, but i think it's the name of women that BREAS FEED nabiga S.C.W. after the death of his mother, i'm not sure but i will come back with more detail, and i don't what does it mean in arabic too,,, so OG GRIL,,, START THINKING UNTILL I CAME BACK,, MUCH LOVE

Senora   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

It is Fatmah in Arabic and Faadumo - which is the Somalified version
:D

Am not carzy about my name, wish my hooyo called me Ameenah

Well what do u know......all this time i thought your name was Ameenah.....lol.....i'm not so much crazy about my name either....and not to mention the three different versions i have to deal with everyday

--fatma/fatima-(these r the names ppl try to correct me with when i tell them my name)

--faduumo-(what my relatives and their friends call me by)

--fatuma-( what my professors and most of my classmates call me..this is the way my parents spelled it on my birth certificate.....dont ask :rolleyes: )

--and then there's my embarrassing nickname...lol...which i prety much here 24/7....im use to it now,b/c all of my friends and myfamily call me that...but im pretty sure SOL isnt ready for it

Sorry Mizz_uniqe that was incorrect, but nice try. I have to handed it to Jawahiir for guessing it right. I would have guessed that u guys would have figured it out right away especially OG_Girl, with her winning streak..lol :D

And Jawahiir Mustafa Amr does sing that song.

OG Moti   

wlking .. is it Kaafiya in arabic, somalified would be Kaafi which could for male in arabic by i prefer somali way and somalified names.. good name girl if i am correct.. peace

Blessed   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Ameenahhhh or
فطوووووم
i will call u that from now
فطوووووم
...looooooooooool

lol@ my sisters call me that.. faduum xiz biz lol

Well what do u know......all this time i thought your name was Ameenah.....lol.....i'm not so much crazy about my name either....and not to mention the three different versions i have to deal with everyday

--fatma/fatima-(these r the names ppl try to correct me with when i tell them my name)

--faduumo-(what my relatives and their friends call me by)

--fatuma-( what my professors and most of my classmates call me..this is the way my parents spelled it on my birth certificate.....dont ask )

--and then there's my embarrassing nickname...lol...which i prety much here 24/7....im use to it now,b/c all of my friends and myfamily call me that...but im pretty sure SOL isnt ready for it

And heres me thinking they actually called you sexy... I was like reerkeda khatar waaye lol

Yeah, the different pronoucians get on my last nerves.. and when they try to shorten it ... Lord have mercy, the things I get called :eek:

Annoying iniit, nice to share this with some1 :D

Weird enuff i've 3 sets of name i use collectively.

*First name given to me by my mother....it's the same as few individuals in here...which have been said more then once

*Second name is given to me by my auntie...

the meaning of it is in somali "truth"...

*Third name given to my by my dad...meaning "the end" in somali translation and its not {dhamaad}...it doesnt mean word for word exact...just a overly generation of the word...

Come on...the first 2 are easy i must say but the last one..i give credit to whomevah solves it.

Here Iam again, let me see if anyone can guess my real name I see ya all acting smart and all ;) well here goes the hint, my name means 'Blessing' there it goes lol.