Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

Meet Up

Senora   

So there have been US meetups? :confused:

Or are you guys ( the ones who mentioned this of course) talking about the Mnpls meetups?

STOIC   

^^^How about we do east coast meet up ha?. It will fail to materialize because of our laziness.Hehe.. will you wear the pant(be the boss)and organize one.Seriously who cares about having a meet up with a bunch of internet psychos (including me) .The whole thing will look like meeting up an old flame in an elavator!.

STOIC

I doubt SOL has love stories --- aside from that, it’s clear no one wants to meet up, and people are continuing this topic as if a meet up is going to happen ---- we know its not going to materialize due to the enormous insecurities held by many sol members --- so be it yal, stay and be an internet feature, and dream possibilities of what you assume peoples personalities to be like, and construct one in the process. Refuse authenticity and embrace in the virtual mayhem of SOL-poser stardom – enjoy your cake, slaughter the camel, gulp down the salt and Godspeed you skeletons on keyboards.

Juxa   

^^^ dont give up so easily. find nomads who live near you, contact them and give them possible dates, you will be suprised :D

it is always easier to start arranging a meet up with few pple, depending on the reaction and of course the outcome,,,,,meesha ka sii wad

BN   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

so be it yal, stay and be an internet feature, and dream possibilities of what you assume peoples personalities to be like, and construct one in the process. Refuse authenticity and embrace in the virtual mayhem of SOL-poser stardom – enjoy your cake, slaughter the camel, gulp down the salt and Godspeed you skeletons on keyboards.

You tell 'em. :D:D

Pucca   

I doubt SOL has love stories --- aside from that, it’s clear no one wants to meet up, and people are continuing this topic as if a meet up is going to happen ---- we know its not going to materialize due to the enormous insecurities held by many sol members --- so be it yal, stay and be an internet feature, and dream possibilities of what you assume peoples personalities to be like, and construct one in the process. Refuse authenticity and embrace in the virtual mayhem of SOL-poser stardom – enjoy your cake, slaughter the camel, gulp down the salt and Godspeed you skeletons on keyboards.

:rolleyes: can you really blame ppl for being insecure? a free for all meet up just wouldn't sit right with many nomads *moi included* god knows what nomads really are like in the "real" world. meeting a small number of selected individuals is alright though.

do YOU really want to meet everyone?

Rahima   

If u r an aussie and you want to meet...shoot some words toward me...we are better group than those yankees and poms..

I must agree with the later part, in no way can our class and sophistication be matched by the yanks and poms, laakiin dear Zu, what would the three of us do? Twaddle our fingers at Tibas or Waamo? icon_razz.gif

The other thing is, what is the point anyhow? I see you and the other aussie member every weekend as I go to get my paper at the local milk bar! No really i'm not joking, i saw you just last week.

Baluug   
If u r an aussie and you want to meet...shoot some words toward me...we are better group than those yankees and poms..

What is a pom?

Intel   

Originally posted by

What is a pom?

POM

Originally posted by Rahima:

what would the three of us do? Twaddle our fingers at Tibas or Waamo?

no

we getto know each other better

have a chat

exchange digits...etcetera etcetera

luminous idea me reckon :cool:

BN   

Originally posted by rokko:

luminous idea me reckon

LOL....you aussie's are a funny lot. :D

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind encounterin' an aussie nomad or two. I'm trying to picture a Somali version of Crocodile Dundee... :D

Gediid   

^^^^Havent seen a somali crocodile dundee but I have seen a rat dundee....Incase you wondering what they are like...Just imagine this... a beautiful girl with a half retard brother at home who when she sees a rat in the house screams Aliyooow jirka(rat) and he comes running out of nowhere into action with a shoe in hand to kill the vermin......Now imagine dating that girl and trying to dodge Ali and his shoe when you take the girl out......... :D

That is the famous Somali rat dundee..... :D

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Gediid:

^^^^Havent seen a somali crocodile dundee but I have seen a rat dundee....Incase you wondering what they are like...Just imagine this... a beautiful girl with a half retard brother at home who when she sees a rat in the house screams Aliyooow jirka(rat) and he comes running out of nowhere into action with a shoe in hand to kill the vermin......Now imagine dating that girl and trying to dodge Ali and his shoe when you take the girl out.........
:D

That is the famous Somali rat dundee.....
:D

Playas, find the nearest window to jump out of, Ali and his shoe are heading your way.

The name Ali is pretty comical to me, it has bad connotations (Ali Dharerow, Ali Oyaye) and in this case he's a retard with Dacas in his hand. No offence to all the Ali's, but it sure sucks to be You :D

Rahima   

no

we getto know each other better

have a chat

exchange digits...etcetera etcetera

luminous idea me reckon

Brilliant :cool: , and whilst we are it (the whole intro thingie) perhaps we could conjure up ways to punish those taking a swipe at us ;) .

Somali version of Crocodile Dundee was bad :eek: , then Gediid just topped it all off. I’m all for brutal torture (Aussie style of course), whatta ya say :D ? I’m having visions already…

I would not condole any meet up between the people of SOL if it also includes female's. Certainly if there are some boys who have got the same kind of educational level and hobby's want to meet up iam up for it but please no girls.

If the female's in these forum want to meet up with follow nomads then I would suggest to them to bring a male mahram along them because I believe that many in here have become to "westernised" and they do things without thinking and questioning what their religion actually say's about mix gender gatherings and meet up's which is totally unacceptable culture and religious wise.

We have to question everything before indulge ourselves in activities that we don't know the implications off. Just think about it next time when you make an overdraft with your credit card because the implications could be that you could be charged with so and so %% of interest.

Anyhow allways be on the alert and certainly I do not condole nor do I support a gathering or meet up which involves gender mixing and where the different sexes meet up it could also be a little bit a scary prospect for some of our sisters.

But if it is a only boy/men thing if invited i will be there anywhere anytime so count on me to attent and asure you that i ain't no troublemaker.

Waad mahadsantihiin for your concentration.

Juxa you said, dont give up so easily I have given up so far, and I have met sol nomads in Ottawa. This meet up thing seems too complicated for me to organize, it’ll only work, if we have others willing to help in the meet up, aside from just showing up.

BN ---- you tell them :D [i/0 you understand where I’m coming from.

Pucca you asked me, do YOU really want to meet everyone? No I don’t want to meet everyone, and surely I’m not desperate, I was just trying to enhance the interaction between nomads on the site, you know have authentic and meaningful communication happening here, apart from the ever apparent rants and raves generated by faceless nametags.

Rahima Good to see you again, Where have been? Hope everything is well on your end. I see you and the other aussie member every weekend as I go to get my paper at the local milk bar! No really i'm not joking, i saw you just last week. --------- you know each other? You live in Australia? I thought u lived in the US.

Liibaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan…. ---------- I'm the captain of the pirate pigs,we're looking for jewels and gold...GOLD!! ---- Which sea are you currently roaming?

Rokko ------- we getto know each other better have a chat exchange digits… at least someone has the right idea here.

Gediid --------- Now imagine dating that girl and trying to dodge Ali and his shoe when you take the girl out ----- What about her relatives, Somalis have a tendency to be overprotective of their females, even distant cousins will be in your business --- so I’m guessing this movie would have a lot of deranged folks running around with sharp kitchen knifes and homemade bats.

Bishaaro -------- No offence to all the Ali's, but it sure sucks to be You I'm guessing that you won’t be naming your children Ali, or letting them mingle with the likes of anyone whose name is Ali anytime.

Yoonis ---- Certainly your point is valid and it should be taken into consideration. However, we must acknowledge the fact that many Somalis are currently mixing, and even in Somalia, we were not secluded from one another. We have gotten to adopt more restrict forms of association when we left Somalia and although I do agree with you that separation is crucial as dictated by the religion, what you’re advocating and what Somalis are currently doing is profoundly different from each other. I hope as you mentioned, nomads take your advice into consideration, and socially engage with each other in accordance with the deen.