Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Full Disclosure or Not?

Ms DD   

You can dish it but you cant take it SirQ. GEt ready to be inspected, if you want to inspect urself. Ma soconeyso intaas baan ahay!

Miriam1   

LOL ^ Gosh that would be nice....

"So can I take a quick peek at those biceps and abs" (naturally this is the dream somali male)

Originally posted by Ms DD:

You can dish it but you cant take it SirQ. GEt ready to be inspected, if you want to inspect urself. Ma soconeyso intaas baan ahay!

That's because I'm a man, and I'm suppose to dish and your suppose to take. We have difference purposes in life.

Besides what are you gonna inspect?

Ms DD   

Dont get me started young man. Inta timo isku aragtey iminka, ayaad moodey that you can take us on.

What is there to inspect buu yiri HA! In your case, probably not a lot.

Nephissa   

L0L@CC's inspection. kkkkkk, do they tap, shake, squeeze & smell, like I do at the grocery store, produce section.

I am of two minds on this subject. On one hand, I think that honesty is a good policy. On the other, if my invisible disability is a deal-breaker that no man would ever want or ever love me, I would not disclose it. I'd cover it up, continue the relationship and see where it goes. Hal habben xitaa ha ila soo qabo, maxaa iiga jiro, ka gasho nacala washaqa! Guumeeys waaye, ha iga harto!!!!

*shakes head*

Ms DD

waa lugugu qasaaray, xishood baro eedo. You want to inspect men? ceeb, waxaas somali dhaqan ma'aha.

Inspecting a woman makes sense, you have to make sure she's virgin, and has no disability of any kind. At the end of the day, remember it's a mans world.

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Nephissa:

Hal habben xitaa ha ila soo qabo, maxaa iiga jiro, ka gasho nacala washaqa! Guumeeys waaye, ha iga harto!!!!

:eek: :eek: Nephissa, in this day and age, I’m truly shocked wallahi.

p.s. C&H, I think many people misunderstand that hadith, it refers to the face.

-Lily-   

Maybe I misunderstood the Somali, so what you're saying is, it's OK to deceive someone into marrying so that one can later claim she is a divorcee rather than a 'spinster'?

Originally posted by Nephissa:

I am of two minds on this subject. On one hand, I think that honesty is a good policy. On the other, if my invisible disability is a deal-breaker that no man would ever want or ever love me, I would not disclose it. I'd cover it up, continue the relationship and see where it goes. Hal habben xitaa ha ila soo qabo, maxaa iiga jiro, ka gasho nacala washaqa! Guumeeys waaye, ha iga harto!!!!

smile.gif that was too funny.

On the topic, it's a disability not a disease and it isn't affect or harm the other person physically. So why go through the hassle of being rejected or looked at differently, keep it to yourself until you feel ready. What if the guy has one testicle and his chance of having a baby is slim, would he tell the woman right of the bat...I think not. Sharing everything too soon can ruin the relationship; wait until you get to know each other little better when a bond and trust is there.

Indhoos   

Originally posted by Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg:

*shakes head*

Ms DD

waa lugugu qasaaray, xishood baro eedo. You want to inspect men? ceeb, waxaas somali dhaqan ma'aha.

Inspecting a woman makes sense, you have to make sure she's virgin, and has no disability of any kind. At the end of the day, remember it's a mans world.

Double Standard? Don't even start the topic about men's concern w/ purity of females.... :mad: :mad:

Castro, yaa kuu sheegaayo hee icon_razz.gif

Nephissa   

yes and no. If he's so shallow to reject and deny me my god-given right to a shot at happy blisfull marriage life, because of a disability/health condition I had no control over, why should I care about his heart and feelings?

That's because I'm a man, and I'm suppose to dish and your suppose to take. We have difference purposes in life.

Gosh, how old r u, 5? You remind me of little bro whom when defeated or caught used to scream " I'm a boy. You're a girl" smile.gif . Love him to bitz.

Indhoos

We are muslim people, of course a man should be concerned with the purity of his future wife and mother of his kids. Pure women give birth and raise pure kids as the adage goes.

As for double standards, well that's part of life, we can't have the same standards for everything and treat everyone exactly the same or else their will be anarchy.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote: That's because I'm a man, and I'm suppose to dish and your suppose to take. We have difference purposes in life.

Gosh, how old r u, 5? You remind me of little bro whom when defeated or caught used to scream " I'm a boy. You're a girl"
smile.gif
. Love him to bitz.
That's our trump card. You can't beat it. ;)