Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Full Disclosure or Not?

Nephissa   

If a girl has a disability that's not noticable in plain view, do you think she should disclose it to her potential suitor right away, Or do you think she should cover it up?

Goodir   

Leave everything in the open so no one gets harmed. She should reveal it the right time and for the right purpose. If her intention is to wed the guy and father her future children, then yes he needs to know. But if it is a smelly student, better to not ruin her reputation.

STOIC   

Color blindness, right? :D

PS I think its better to disclose now than wearing your deceit as a badge of honor.Honesty just makes thing alittle easier to live with. I usually like to ask the person if there is anything I should know now that we both not regret it later..If you want to wait until you get more serious fine, but know that men flattened cillia(from women telly-tale) will still be functioning whenever you are ready :D

Castro   

^^^^ So what's your handicap?

Originally posted by Nephissa:

If a girl has a disability that's not noticable in plain view, do you think she should disclose it to her potential suitor right away, Or do you think she should cover it up?

What is plain view? You mean if she was not dressed it would be obvious? You can only hide a missing boob for so long but could probably get away with a one boob being somewhat different than other.

Still, ignorance is bliss. I say if you can get away with it then why not. If it's going to be too obvious then use lighting and sudden moves to trick the eyes.

"Able" people don't know how to handle disabilities in others. They oscillate between pity, disgust or just blank stares.

Of course, if the disability is in the form of an incurable and/or contagious disease, then you have to come clean.

Good luck Nephy. :D

Nephissa   

^ :D , thanks.

Not noticable in plain view = poop bag attached to her stomach, under jalbaabka! [istaqfurullah..Ista qfurullah..] or she has hearing aids in both ears, unless she mentions it, no one even sees/notices.

Cara.   

The colonoscopy bag thing reminded me, is it true that in the good old days a geeljire was entitled to peruse the goods before the final purchase? Sometimes I can't tell if the old biddies are just pulling my leg...

Malika   

Do men worry of such things? I see,men have this amazing confidence within that no matter how deformed/formed they are they expect to be with a 'perfectly formed woman'.. :mad:

Imagine,if a girl were to ask a man to reveal them selves as to be inspected,before she decided if he is worthy of her..I am sure that will cause an uproar so mahaa, wabuu cararii but its quite normal and expected the girl to do so.. :mad:

Back on the topic..The girl has nothing to feel ashamed of nor does she have to be embarrased about her disability. She is after all a creation of Allah.

I would definetly tell the guy,as part of getting into his psychic, is he a god fearing man?, can he see me beyond my physical features? etc etc.If he is an ***** he will run away.. :D ,better find out he is an ***** from the begining rather later.Time wasters should not apply weyaan shekhaduu.. :D

Definetly disclose all info. when it is about to get serious. Honesty is the best policy, no need to look like a fool later on. If he runs then there plenty of fish in the sea, if he stays then you scored ;) .

Not too long ago, I was listening to Muxaadaro and I heard that(can't remember the sheikh's name)if the suitor is Really serious about a certain halima, with her muhram in the room, He can inspect the goods( hair, face, body-build, shape) :eek: :rolleyes: .

Miriam1   

^ I wonder what happens to the poor girl if ... for whatever reason ... he sees something he doesn't like after checking her out properly !

Selfesteem to the gutters

What kinds of disability is not noticeable in plain view?

Lazy Eye? no

Tourrets? No

Was she born a dude and got sex change?

Goiter?- No that's noticeable.

Obese- That's definitely noticeable.

Facial hair?

Maybe she went through chemotherapy and is permanently bald and wears a wig.

Hmm, maybe it's a behavioral/psycholog ical disability?

perhaps she's addicted to pain killers, maybe she used to be a sex worker.An alcoholic? Perhaps she has bipolar disorder? Maybe she's a fan of George Michael?