Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

HAPPY BIRTH DAY ....MSWORD

Originally posted by Amethyst:

One more thing dear champions of somalinimo, we, the young people of the west or carabta (myself), have grown up in a different culture. Our attitudes, perception and view of things are all shaped by our life experiences. We cant and will never think like some1 who has grown up in Somalia.
As long as our values are not anti-islamic, its not right for you to fault us.

Falxado, this thinking of yours compelled me to come back to this topic and cause this festivity to halt! This time though I owe no apologies!

Perhaps you need to know that embracing non-Islamic values is a world different than taking advantage of useful administrative and technical innovations! Those type of innovations, western or not, have no boundaries. We ‘re encouraged to seek knowledge and cease it regardless of its origin. In that sense, your Gregorian analogy has no legs as it has (besides it historical significance) no cultural value.

On the other hand, there’re countless Prophetic sayings that instruct Muslims not to imitate and accept alien values. Needless to say your citation of that Hadith can’t obstruct the fact that the Prophet had never celebrated his birth date.

Granted, it’s not my right to fault you. But neither do you have a right to scoff the argument against embracing Gaalo values. Once and for all, call it for what it is. And don’t forget, dear Falxado, when you precede to putout those candles and sing that unholy song, that you’re indeed partaking in an ancient Germanic custom that’s quite foreign to yours.

Xiinfaniin, here is an answer from a credible islamic website. Hope this clears things for us.

Question#:

Question Date:

7/6/1998

Topic :

Birthdays

Question:

It is a western to celebrate birthdays, is this against the Sunna or Qur'an for Muslims to celebrate other Muslim's birthdays?

Answer:

Dear Sr. N. As-salaamu alaykum. In Islamic Law, birthdays are not considered a Eid (or an Islamic official holiday) like the Eidul Fitr or Eidul Adha, because the formal holidays have conditions and guidelines such as not being allowed to fast during the Eid days. Therefore, birthdays are simply occasions of a person's birth date and are a matter of culture. If a person wants to commemorate his/her birth date, then he/she may do so, especially if he/she takes the opportunity to reflect on the past and pledge to be better during the next year. However, to make the birthday an important occasion is not very much recommended or encouraged. Thank you for asking and God knows best.

Source:

IslamiCity

Also, the gregorian calender is neither an administrative nor a technical innovation but a religious one. Click here to find out the proof as I dont have the patience to argue over nothing with you

Lastly,

And don’t forget, dear Falxado, when you precede to putout those candles and sing that unholy song, that you’re indeed partaking in an ancient Germanic custom that’s quite foreign to yours.

Maybe you should re-read my initial reply as I pointed it clearly, we are not here to dicuss how a B'day should be celebrated. Stop goin by assumptions and bring on something substantial. Else, kindly get off my back. :rolleyes:

P.s, Falxado is such an ugly name! redface.gif

......However, to make the birthday an important occasion is not very much recommended or encouraged. Thank you for asking and God knows best.

And add that to this.Read it, sister, before you become so sure of yourself

Also, the gregorian calender is neither an administrative nor a technical innovation but a religious one. Click here to find out the proof as I dont have the patience to argue over nothing with you.

I have already conceded its origin and historical significance. :cool:

Calender is an administrative tool, is it not?

P.s, Falxado is such an ugly name!
redface.gif

Far from it. smile.gif

PS. I am not delighted to know that you have no pateince. :mad:

Tuujiye   

Kal KAlyooni kuuntadil canbuulo aa lagu dhahay xiinfaniin...Waraa intaan kugu soo xiimo aan ku kala faniininaa runtaa..laasha istaare aa lagu dhahay waraa marax yahoo..Waraa aniga ma i taqanaa horta? cirkaan kaaga soo tifqaa runtii!!!adigoo bojaal ah aa anigoo diiqa SOL ii bootenaayo..waraa intaan kula kaco aan laanka kaaga fadhiisanaa runtii...anigoo ku magac dheer qaar maroodi aa u bootenee waraa..

xiinfaniin waxaa la dhihi jiray bajaqdoo afar indhood ah oo kabo kuyuuso ka waa ween xiran jirtay..markee so coneeso wee xiimijirtay nooh sidii in ee skategareneeso oo kale...adi marka xiinfaniin aa labaxday, anina waxaan kuu qabay in aa bajaqdaas oo teebo xiristiisa hishiis la noqotay tahay...

waraa kaalay ani birthdaydaan waaba iska dhex arkay..meeqo biri aa qoftaan Happy birthday la dhahaa? ma weynaato miyaa...yarta isku xishoo oo tnx one more time dheh marax fooqul marax yahee....

wareer badanaa!!!

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

Kal KAlyooni kuuntadil canbuulo aa lagu dhahay xiinfaniin...Waraa intaan kugu soo xiimo aan ku kala faniininaa runtaa..laasha istaare aa lagu dhahay waraa marax yahoo..Waraa aniga ma i taqanaa horta? cirkaan kaaga soo tifqaa runtii!!!adigoo bojaal ah aa anigoo diiqa SOL ii bootenaayo..waraa intaan kula kaco aan
laanka
kaaga fadhiisanaa runtii...anigoo ku magac dheer qaar maroodi aa u bootenee waraa..

Looooooo-----------------ool.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

[qb]

]Falxado, this thinking of yours compelled me to come back to this topic and cause this festivity to halt! This time though I owe no apologies!

Perhaps you need to know that embracing non-Islamic values is a world different than taking advantage of useful administrative and technical innovations! Those type of innovations, western or not, have no boundaries. We ‘re encouraged to seek knowledge and cease it regardless of its origin. In that sense, your Gregorian analogy has no legs as it has (besides it historical significance) no cultural value.

On the other hand, there’re countless Prophetic sayings that instruct Muslims not to imitate and accept alien values. Needless to say your citation of that Hadith can’t obstruct the fact that the Prophet had never celebrated his birth date.

Granted, it’s not my right to fault you. But neither do you have a right to scoff the argument against embracing Gaalo values. Once and for all, call it for what it is. And don’t forget, dear
Falxado
, when you precede to putout those candles and sing that unholy song, that you’re indeed partaking in an ancient Germanic custom that’s quite foreign to yours.
[/b]

XIIN.............xiinnn!!!!.....we call this Bleeep...Qasam Billah..Thank you.. You have really said What I wanted Said..But then, please Give me permission to keep my Back in Total Oblivion.. :D:D:D:D