Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

HAPPY BIRTH DAY ....MSWORD

Bess.   

Originally posted by Harvard-Mafia:

Happy Birthday, Besbaaso!

Why are so many bro/sis going negative on this? There is nothing wrong with wishing people good as long as it's done in a manner that is consistent with the Islamic values and doens't conform/characterize a non-Muslim celebration.

How should you celebrate your birthday:

I hope you guys are happy now! and to Besbaaso...sister, jump up and down as you wish (so long you don't break those bones).

thanks for words...itsn't my b-day but msword's..... :D

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

quote:

My family celebrated birthdays in back home. Perhaps we lost our
Culture
while we were still living there. :confused:

Bishaaro, maybe that is why you are encouraging MsWoRd & her family to be like yours...By toasting cakes infront of all non-Mahrims(Yacni Those with A-rated eyes for her)..and pretending HAPPY BIRTHDAY...is a muslim Like celeb..Acudhu Billah..

The Moderator(Alias Ameyst)..for once

Please assume that we ain't here to argue on simple things just to make sure you Win in saying..HAPPY BIRTHDAY'..to MsWOrd..The main aim of SOL's survival is to discuss issues affecting our Somali Society be it Spiritually, education and Social issue.

We are not here to Win..nor to measure the strength of IDD or IDD-ul adhaa..(Or some other great Islamic celebrations) to mere valentines or 'Dhalasho wacan'..This is not the case...& adjusting Somalis Like mSwOrD to treat it Islamically merely coz they stay away from Islamic countries..doesn't argur well with some caring Nomads like Rendezvous..

It was prudent to establish some form of understanding here about this kind of 'TRENDS'..going on in our Islamic societies..

Contrary to all this..am feeling happy for MsWoRd..coz she is growing mature and insha-allah will contribute more as a muslim..

nOtE

..We ain't better when we feel as if we are going westernized..like we are 'REER BALAD'..by toasting cakes to celebrate HAPPY BIRTHDAY..By the way..How many saw the few wedding done with some expensive western outfits that depicts a somali muslim couple getting married with the parts of her body showing with all those non-mahrims invited..(even whites who are non-muslims)..clapping and in the event asking ALLAH s.w DUAA..asking for Nice and happy prosperous Life..is this really a win situation Ameyst is courting for ..or do we need to control the TREND..This is a completely 'copy and paste' story..

This will never take US anywhere..

AnywayZ...Let us hope our Sister Nomad(MsWoRd) will enjoy her life prosperously and insha-allah everything will be fine with her..

Take care.. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif namtakia Kheir..

Nephissa   

QUOTE]

Bishaaro, maybe that is why you are encouraging MsWoRd & her family to be like yours...By toasting cakes infront of all non-Mahrims(Yacni Those with A-rated eyes for her)..and pretending HAPPY BIRTHDAY...is a muslim Like celeb..Acudhu Billah..

You twisted what I said to suit your arguments. Had you not been ticking timer bomb thats waiting to explode, ya would've figured the previous post was more of question then an encouragement. My point was that Birthdays were celebrated back in Somalia, and wasn't something Somalis were introduced to in these foreign lands (as you were implying.) Luckily some of us know their birthdays and got a reason to celebrate.

However, my family is not the topic of discussion here, whils imitating them is a noble thing one should practice, im sure Ms.Word has come from decent, honourable family like mine, and doesn't need your approval. :rolleyes:

Having said that you should keep your hands off of my family and stop trying to impose your personal opinions on others through Islam.

This hollier then thou attitude is tiring!

Oh, one more thing:

Acuudu Bilaahi Mina Shaydani Rajiim to you too. :rolleyes:

nafta   

^ :D

MsWord...A Birthday greeting from me, to wish you nothing less than all the special things in life, that bring you happiness!

Hope you enjoyed your day, and will have many more years to celebrate this special day. Word!

The Rendezvous, iska waran aboowe? Do you have to bring ma status as a mod into question? It’s a little unfair for everthing I say to be taken to represent anything but my own personal opinion, wouldn’t u say? Not a reflection of the site, my role or any1 else?

Xiin,

For one I take issue with the fact we commemorate this event (Birth that is) out of sheer imitation of the west

Maybe you’re unaware or conveniently forgot that our prophet (scw) used to fast every Monday and say it was because it was the day he was born.

Since you’re so anti-western..why not abandon the Gregorian calendar for the Islamic one too…and forget about incrementing your age on that day. See how well you flare with that thought. Eh?

One more thing dear champions of somalinimo, we, the young people of the west or carabta (myself), have grown up in a different culture. Our attitudes, perception and view of things are all shaped by our life experiences. We cant and will never think like some1 who has grown up in Somalia. As long as our values are not anti-islamic, its not right for you to fault us.

Juxa   

well well well, just wondering what s wrong with simple happy birthday to our sister? :rolleyes:

and what does toasting and singing got to do with it? there are many ways of celebrating without getting excessive and over the top.

tuut--tuut-jiye, yarka see camel, me said my humble happy birthday to my sis. i dont see any reason why anyone should rain her parade.

bishaaro, i agree with you, even in somalia birthdays were celebrated, let me describe such occasion.

1)morning........waking up to my mom singing jiroo joog jiinkaa la dheel

2) barqadi..........big break fast, consisting canjeero iyo beer/suqaar

3) duhurkii.......festive qado with dooro dildiloontooy ama sagaaro with bariis

4) casirkii,,,,,,, xalwo iyo rooti (qacqacle)

5) by the time it comes casho,,,,,,i was normally ballooned and was given my 10 shilin.

now that is what i call soomaalinimo, if anyone can find danbi in that,,,,,,,holla,,,,,bt be gentle with me or else ;)

Tuujiye   

Juxa ar dadkaan maxee ka kasaayaan Somalinimo..

Canjeero iyo beer..Aaaaaaaaaa...Hadaan iskaabulo noqday xitaa waan cunaa ani..qado quraac casho casariye af macees indho nuursho..ma wadaa....

Ms.Word kaalay birthday gaagi mala dhaafinoo mar hore? wili happy birthday in lagu sii haho maa sugoosaa?

Wareer badanaa!!!!

Dhalasho wacan oo wanaagsan walaalo. Sideey horyba u dhaheen dad badan. as long you don't break the rules :D Happy brithday. there is nothing wrong with celebreting your own brithday what so ever. Happy 15th brithday :D or 19th any ways HAPPY BRITHDAY lET ME KNOW WHERE THE PARTY @<---------

by Amethyst

Maybe you’re unaware or conveniently forgot that our prophet (scw) used to fast every Monday and say it was because it was the day he was born.

^^^^abaayo ma aheen nabigeena Naxariis iyo nabad galyo dushiisa ha ahaatee waxa uu usoo mijiray Isniin iyo qabiis dhalashadiisa.

Search Again Inshalaah You will learn abaayo. I USED TO THINK THAT WAY BUT ONE OF THE IMAM TOLD ME IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS BRISDAY. Cilmi badan magaranaayi abaayo sorry but at least I help you to mention that.

Kulo caamun wanta bil dhalasho MSword smile.gif

How many Happy Birthdays does someone have in life?...and I thought the whites had the guts to keep quite and not celebrate incase one missed Happy Birthday..

So what is the opposite of Happy Birthday.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tuujiye,

Raali-----------------iyo Nus Sxb.

Xer-ta casriga ah aa u egtahay Noh! Wax oo xirsi u eg aa qoorta kuugu xiran!

Midda kale anaa yarta iyo baliisha e dhehee miyaa? redface.gif

Adiga waa kuusoo laabaanaa. :mad: