Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Body Worlds Exhibition

bodyworlds.jpg

9.1vandijck_fig01f.jpg

That man is holding his own skin!

bodyWorlds.jpg

There is an exhibition in my town that is going on until January called the - BodyWorlds: The art of plastinated Cadavers.

I really want to see it - it looks really cool and since I want to go into the health field I know that it would be educational too. Now, is there anything against this Islamically? Some people told me that it's haram to look at dead people for entertainment - although I wouldn't classify this exhibition as soley 'entertainment'.

What do you think?

more google images

about body worlds

STOIC   

I will advice you to go ahead and see it.Your head will be reeling with facts and figures of human body.The ultimate realization of how our body works can only be reached through such a direct observation of our real body (No models).The intensity which once you saw your(not you specifically) naked body in the shower will be changed forever.You will see the muscles which you always feel when your shoulders are relaxed.You will see what organs breakdown the bolus of food in our mouth.The shatters and the drapes that keeps you from seeing your bodies will be lifted once you glance on that bodies exhibtion.And if anyone happens to drag on his/her cigarette he/she would walk out that door doubting about his/her lifestyle choice.

As for the religious question you asked, I will let our resident Islamic scholars at-large to answer that.As they are the once that can invoke the autority of what is right from wrong.

PS I think I have posted something about the exhibtion awhile back on this section of the forums.

Naden   

Originally posted by Femme:

Now, is there anything against this Islamically?

Femme, the show is absolutely spectacular. For anyone who's interested in how the body looks and works, it opens wide a world of wonder; it is not to be missed!!! About it's haram or halal status, what's haram is clearly marked in the book. Wouldn't it be better for our people to wonder as much as these people do about how things work than worry about whether it is haram?

hodman   

The body worlds is still on at the science museum and now that Ramadhan is over am planning to go and see it but I thought it would be on till December? or has it been extended