Sign in to follow this  
ManOfWisdom

We, Somalis, are better than the Arabs!

raula   

there is a proverb in swahili that says "Nyaani haoni MKUNDULE" ;) ala soomalidu faraahooda dhaadheera :D .

OG_gal U feel me cuz :D

juba   

Originally posted by raula:

there is a proverb in swahili that says "Nyaani haoni MKUNDULE"
;)
ala soomalidu faraahooda dhaadheera
:D

OG_gal U feel me cuz
:D

i am curious to know what this swahili proverb means in english. if that won't be much trouble of course :D

-------------->

thanx ZU for bringing this exciting topic back. five arab bashing topics aren't enough for us haters here

:rolleyes:

OG_Girl   

It means " Monkeys don't see their red a$$'-here I would say their black a$$'- but they point finger to others'and laugh "

raula... I do feel you cuz ;)

Salam

Charisma   

Salaam ppl

To the brotehr who decided to abuse the arabs, am sure u r not alone n many somalis say n feel like u do BUT I TELL U ARABS R JUST LIKE SOMELIS OR ANY OTHER RACE. there is the good n the bad n its not fare to genaralize n say all are bad, coz we as somlis r not all good.

N remember also that arabs have great history n just coz tehy r being bullied like many other third world countries u should not underestimate them.

And am proud to say that from the day the war happened in somlia till this day all my best freinds were n still are arabs n am proud to say that.

Jumatatu   

A recent survey on SOL users has determined the Arab bashing group are ones who have been in the past 'tarxiiled' or are either decendants of those 'tarxiiled' from Arab countries. Hence please give them the space to show their anger, and I hope u do understand if it is not rationale, after all it is of pure hatred...

36_10_4.gif

somali and arabs fall on the same boat, they both have misconceptions of who they are as well as not helping other muslimsin the world going through, war, poverty and tsunami to name but a few, unless its there immediate family member.

Saabir   

I would say to the poster and those of you who agree with him;this cyper world is so small that your baseless generalisations will send a wrong signal about the Somalis as a nation. Though I dont consider myself an arab but I share with the arabs THE PURPOSE of my life, which is to worship Allah and follow the guidings of the prophet, Islam for every one of us should come before Somalism. We are muslims first then Somalis. Secondly our prophet PBUH was an Arab.

Even it would be unethical to paint on any human being(who so ever he maybe ) a downgrading comments let alone ppl who share alot with you.

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, salla'llahu 'alayhi wa sallim, said, 'Whoso has got pride in his heart to the weight of an atom shall not enter Paradise.' Then a man asked the Prophet, salla'llahu 'alayhi wa sallim, about dressing well. He said that he liked to be well-dressed and his dress should be fine and his shoes shall be fine, and he said, 'Allah is beautiful and likes beauty. Pride is denying truth and despising people.'

The other aspect of pride with people is to believe oneself to be better than others whereas the only basis upon which some are more honoured than others is in piety or righteousness.

Emperor   

No Sxb, you are wrong, we are not better than them - but we shouldn't be compared with them creatures, simple as that.

Nite-Nite

OG Moti   

Let me say few words about this topic:

We accused Arabs, I don’t know who we mean Arabs here; do we mean the Arabs today? Or Arabs yesterday, because we must distinguish between those two..

1. Arabs today; as I said before are not real Arabs except very few of them, most Arabs intermarriage with other ethnicities, and changed into what they are now, and those are Arab_Musta_riba (Second generation), Somalis are among them.. Whether you like it or not, there is a great evidence that Somalis are a product of Africans and Arabs intermarriage..

a. These today Arabs including Somalis are worthless, and shameful to be called Arabs, they discriminate each other, (by the way Somalis are the most discriminating human beings on earth, they discriminate everyone on this earth and when they finish with the other ethnicities they turn on their own)

b. Today Arabs are disgrace to Arab identity and to Islam (again not all)

c. Today Arabs are the weakness of Islam which we all knew it would happen till Islam reveals again by the few real Arabs remained in this world.

2. Arabs Yesterday: they were two kinds

a. Arab al Aariba: The badwu, mostly in Yemen and Jizan, they were loved by our prophet (P.B.U.H)

b. Arab Al Mustariba (the first generation): Our prophet (P.B.U.H) was one of them, Prophet Ismail (P.B.U.H) who our Prophet (P.B.U.H) was descendant from, his mother was a real Arab and his Father was as we all know Prophet Abraham (P.B.U.H), that is how our Prophet (P.B.U.H) became Arab al Mustariba…They were men of Honor and it is enough to know our Prophet (P.B.U.H) was one of them… (Remember our prophet (P.B.U.H) said “meaning†he who say I am Arab he is Arab.. and he also instructed us not to call Arabs names…

My Point:

The above was a brief history of the origin of Arab, but my point of telling you this is as following:

1. If we talk about discrimination; the whole world discriminates, and we Somalis are the worse in that matter. We all know that.. if you are told you are African you would say no I am not and if you are told ok you are an Arab you would no way I am not, and when are asked then what are you? You would simply answer I am Somali full stop. And that makes you look bad and ignorant, you must belong to ethnicity; so which one?

2. Arabs and their condition: we all know Arabs are in bad situation and yes they are weak, how about us Somalis? Are we better than them? What did we do to be better? Do we really know our current state? We are the worse country and only country who has no government or functioning government for more than 14 straight years, we are the only nation who has no nationalism towards our land and country, we are the only human beings who do not understand the meaning of belonging, yet we have the nerve to criticize and call names.. I suggest as Somalis we stop pointing fingers on anyone till we get our $hit together.. and till we are able to look others in the eye, cause we can not now, and if we do, we are embarrassing ourselves..

So this topic should be names: Everyone is better than Somalis (us);

And then find a way we can fix that, cause honestly we are zero and hitting to minus state… and that is just sad

Time to wake up and open our eyes, some psychologist told me when a person feels he/she is less than others he/she will start to work hard on how to find someone who is less than them, in the Asian countries they picked Blacks, we Somalis we picked Arabs, get the point? I hope so……….

Allah Karim

Peace

OG_Girl   

Yan9or deenek Moti. Finally you woke up and got little blood in you icon_razz.gif

What took you too long to defend our blood bal and leave me alone fight with these people redface.gif :mad:

Seriously ; Well said Moti.Somalis shouldn't point finger to others.

but we shouldn't be compared with them creatures, simple as that.

For the above creature , you don't deserve any decent reply from me :rolleyes:

Salam

Emperor   

OG

For the above creature , you don't deserve any decent reply from me

Thank you sister, but for what reason. Are you doing that for a view I hold or for an offence I commited against them bigfoot.

Can't some1 reveal his opinion however hard it is for others to take it. Isn't the bueatiful of the game is having different views, that makes the world more entertained, excited, and guess that's why they teach us Democracy nowadays?

By the way Im sorry, if I offended you by my remarks on the Arabs!

Gday!