Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Is Clan Everything?

popcorn-1.jpg:D:D

Disclaimer - Baby face & LibaaxSankaTaabte - i did not break SOL golden rule, but I’ll admit the rooster is mine :D

LOL@fabregas

continue as you were.

P.s Che - is qardho a qabiil? - because my sentiments can only whipped with Qardho :D

Second cousins ARE the clan.

Not to me, to me they're Ali and Amal who I grew up with and kicked them in the*** because they stole my shoes or read my diary smile.gif . My whole life though, I have never been in a situation to call on them because the first people to know my misfortunes are my friends and all times I have been in rock and hard place, they have single handedly helped solve it wether it was financial or not. And no, none of them are from my clan or even close to it.

A little over a year ago, I published an article entitled “Peace in Somaliland is at the Fork of Ephemerality and Endurance”. In that article I discussed how the government, opposition parties and the Guurti are contributing in their own way to the collapse of peace in Somaliland. It is my belief that the political malaise forewarned in that article came to plague Somaliland, reaching a critical mass with the current face-off between the political parties. There are also new twists to the old parable of political decadence in Somaliland.

While the Structure of governance – the parliament, the Guurti and the House of Representatives – and their respective roles, responsibilities and sphere of power has a lot to do with it, the standoff is also in large part a result of tribal politicization and opposition parties whose only aim is to attain power at any cost. As I stated in the aforementioned article, when people have peace, the natural conclusion is that development follows. Yet, Somaliland has accomplished nothing in the last 18 years. Neither the government nor the opposition parties have any plans to develop the economy, education, health care, infrastructure, agriculture and so forth. Yet, the average Somalilander is oblivious to the causes of their problem and their role in it.

Tribalism and Democracy are awkward bedfellows. Democracy is normally defined as

Current Qabiil dynamics in Somaliland's political impasse

A&T Take a stab at it.

Somali-Sayid Wise man you are, but tell me who are the residents of Qardho.

Surely I and NGONGE have no cousins there :D

NGONGE   

^^ Like I already said. You don't live in Somalia and do have the chance to mingle with 'other' people. But second cousins (Ali, Amal or Jimmy) are the clan. They are not the offspring of either your parents or first uncles.

No wonder your idea of the clan is distorted. In Somalia, clan is everything. And unless that is accepted and understood that place will see no peace.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^Oo yaan Xamar ku dhalan? Nawadayz, everyone was born in Xamar...

Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha, you got jokes
NG!

I couldn't agree with you more on this. I have met countless Somali oo dhahaya moqdisho ku korney or ku dhalanay. Waxaaba moodaa somalida dhan in aay all same city daganaayeen before the civil war.

This is really confusing and weird. :confused:

Blessed   

@ Sayid..I bet only your sub, sub clan lives there and I can find out exactly what you are from wiki. Thus it's code name for qabil, only reason people big up their awoowos villages in SOL, runta hadii la sheego. And, most have never been to advertised villages. :D

NGONGE   

Blessed,

Dr Osman (the renowened authority on all matters Puntland) has already revealed (on another thread) that indeed only the 'kings' (his words not mine) reside in green Qardho. :D

Like I already said. You don't live in Somalia and do have the chance to mingle with 'other' people. But second cousins (Ali, Amal or Jimmy) are the clan. They are not the offspring of either your parents or first uncles.

No wonder your idea of the clan is distorted. In Somalia, clan is everything. And unless that is accepted and understood that place will see no peace.

It seems like you're refusing to see my perspective. The reason I would call on my 1&2nd cousins is because I grew up with them; they've been in my life not because they are x clan(Ex. Like Ina hebel from my subclan who lives in Sweden). Now, do you see? I wouldnt rely on qabiilkayga to bail me out as you're arguing but I would rely on people who are my life bail me out regardless of qabiil.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOL@ Buuxo & Ngonge :D:D:D:D:D

Walaahi, you two made me laugh out loud. run beed shegteen, however you wouldn't believe if i told you i am not from either of the many sub clans that live there and yes i was born in the vicinity of Qardho, well to be precise right in between Qardho and Taleex, but since Qardho is major town’ I have always went there for my shopping and my mother still lives there.

nuune   

yes i was born in the vicinity of Qardho, well to be precise right in between Qardho and Taleex, but since Qardho is major town’ I have always went there for my shopping and my mother still lives there.

Sayid, according to your own words in the quote, you are not from Qardho at all, but you CLAIM so which is fine :D

Until you mention that tiny town you were born between Qardho and Taleex, then waxaagu dhan waa kakac icon_razz.gif

Aaliyyah   

This is your way of telling us you are from qardho?lol,tuug la qabtay talo ma leh.

Eng. Its already a common knowledge that sayid is from Qardho. Nothing new :D

anyways back to top the topic...I can not say clan is everything, bt its important part of life. It's stated in the quran how Allah swt made us of nations so we can get to know each other..but lets not get carried away...ina akramakum cinda laahi atqaakum= basically means that the best of us are the righteous ones.

my 2 cents!

Kamaavi   

Clan may run through man's blood but it does not make his heart to beat, nor to start pumping. Clan is not even equivalent to the little SA node, a base maker, of an artificial heart.

Eventually, the clan thing is just a smart tool used for controlling poor and helpless nomads. It's mostly used for survival purposes. Inshort it's an exageratted phenamenon which no one should buy, unless it happens to be the only means of life survival.

Perhaps it can be something for the landlords, warlords, or clanlords who know how to milk it, but at all it is not every thing.