Sign in to follow this  
England girl

Trying to find info on my somali roots

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

quote:Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

- Meeshaan ha ii Afro Xumaan - Balaayo kula madax qurac lahaataye

Cheers

waryaa koofiyad yar intaad so xiratid ha iska kay dhigin odeyga indha-yar oo buurta kor fadhiisto..
LMAO! Pheeeew, i needed that :D

Gabadhan bug bay noo dhiibaysaa, me thinks :D

Castro   

I wouldn't send my picture to P_508, 511 or 525. This dude scares me and I'm big guy.

Englander, this is the wrong medium for your search. Don't mess around and ask dudes in Cambodia if they can help you locate stuff. Ask them what the hell they're doin in Cambodia first.

Elysian   

England girl, I'm sorry for the loss of your biological family. I think you're doing the right thing searching for your roots. Finding ones biological identity is as important as the air that we breath, without context, we are truly adrift, therefore without meaning.

I think Ducaqabes suggestion was good. Go to a mosque, you'll definately find a couple of somali women. Make contact with them, and they will probably embrace you as their sister, and introduce you to the wonderful, warm somali society you've been missing out on all these years. From there you can decide wether you want to contact any relatives or not.

Foxy   

Trying to find your somali roots in a somali forum is the last place in the world to look for answers.......simply modified in the simplist terms of ABC's......

cheers

N.O.R.F   

England

1) go to Libraries and read on Somalia and its cultures/clan system (better done alone as an initial read-up)

2) Find a couple of Somali inviduals who will give you more information and a general idea of our attitudes/characteristics etc etc

3) Trace your clan lineage and you probably find some close relatives in England.

Good luck

Hey to all you guys, sorry for this delay in my reply, I've just been getting exam results!! I think all your suggests are really thoughtful and helpfull....well they would be if I lived near any Somali people (I think now I'm quite good at spotting them, thou I mistake some Eritreans for somalis). I live in an area Of England where Devon and Cornwall are there are NO somalis here, I never seen one in the last 10 years here!!!!! There is no major mosques here, If there are they are in houses,+ hardly any muslims let alone somali muslims!!!!!!!!!! And as I told some one else, if you go into Exeter you may only see a few other black people (it used to be 3 every few months you'd see)

OG Moti   

Dear England girl, first there is a different between black people and Somalis.. Somalis do not consider themselves black even if the skin is black.. second i still think if u send me ur photo i can help... Fidel is a hater, he hates me because i help people without expecting anything in return, and he just cant understand that, some people were born to help and i am one of them.. u need help, i can help, good luck,

Peace

OG Moti   

Lexus thanx for the kind words, but as usual you always say things that hurt me in the end, it is all good and I love you too, haven't seen you in my msn lately is that mean you blocked me after I helped you find your old classmates of Jamaal Abdul Nasser School in Mogadishu, is that how you return the favor? I am disappointed, but it is ok my intentions were helping only... I am glad you are happy catching up with you school friends whom without me would never be in your life... ;)

Peace

Castro   

Originally posted by P_508:

.... after I helped you find your old classmates of Jamaal Abdul Nasser School in Mogadishu ....

Lexus was in high school in the late eighties? Wow. It must have been very tough for her to get around seeing that she would have been eight months old at the time.

Are you spreading rumors here P? That's serious business dude and the mods won't allow it.

OG Moti   

For England girl yes i can tell, and i would love to help...

For Fidel are you threatning me with mods... are u saying you are well connected? are you being so ignorant to involve mods in here? be careful what you say.. and let me help the people, help or let others help..

peace

Muhammad   

England girl

I agree with many on this site, this is not the right place to search for answers to your roots, specialy biological ones.

You do have your Mother's Name, Clan, Picture, The Hospital you were Born in, The Time and Date, this is enough if you commit yourself to the task, and you should consider visitinig Muqdishu.

Amani

LuCkY   

EngLand GirL WLc to SOL and May Ur Mother rest in peace,AmIIn.

I say take this step by step. First get to know some of the SomaLi peopLe in ur area.I wouLd definiteLy say go the Masjid and get to know some of the sisters there and teLL them and/or the Imam ur situation. InshaALLah they wiLL be abLe to HeLp u out.

Originally posted by Keyfa:

^^ thought I would point out even though i could be wrong its illegal for someone to call mom/dad to someone other than their bioligical parents in our religion. Cant remember whether it was hadith or ayah.

PLz enLighten me with the 'hadith or ayah'.

OG Moti   

^^ it is Ayah, and it was revealed to the Prophet scw because he had Seyd bin harith as a dopted son.. and he was called ibnu mohamed scw

PEace