Sign in to follow this  
England girl

Trying to find info on my somali roots

Goonle   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Well there's only one way to find out whether we'll hate or love you. What's mommy's tribe?

Wait..

Do not say it here, you'll be violating Golden rule #12. PM might suffice.
:D

I think the important question here is what daddies tribe. We can forgive her for moms tribe.

I only have info on my mum as I have her Names on my birth citificate. I think my dad was for the around the somali,ethiopian, kenyan boader..

My mum has real light skin...that confused my because I thought people from Africa are darker. Would her skin colour mean she was mixed race?? Or do lots of somali people difffer in shades?

Som@li   

We have pple of all color in somalia,From arab countries,Europe,Asia, and Majority from africa, so yes, some somalis have a fair color.

OG Moti   

England Girl, I think you are not serious about finding your family, I think you are wasting my time, if you are serious, send me the 3 pictures i have asked, and a scan your mom's birthday and send me .. please dont make jokes, i mean the issue is serious, besides your picture will help me identify the tribe of your Father, I have a gift knowing different tibes by the look, a small very small details which most people dont or cant notice is what i relay on, i have been doing this for sometimes, so this is my last letter to you, if u are not serious, u will die alone, not knowing who was ur father... if u send your pictures u will find extended Family whom u might have to send money once a month in the future and maybe even support their long lasting living expenses, u will be blessed.. good luck

PEace

P_508 you are really scaring me you know. Why do you want my ma ma's birthday...??

Also I know my ma ma's clan, and I know she's from Mogadishu (sorry If spelt wrong). Please do not tell I'll die alone...as I find that a sad thing to be told.

Thank you for your support and suggestions, but I shall be honest I am sceptical on your ability to help just by pictures.

Peace

England Girl i am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother at such an early stage in your life and may allah grant her jannah(paradise).i once met someone a few years ago here in England with a similar problem and he too was looking for his kin and i can tell you there isnt a easier way (sadly) than through Clan identification.It is the National insurance number :D of the Somalis.So just post your daddies and mother's clan,subclan if you know and i'll do my best to direct you at your kin.On second thoughts don't say it here the national agency against the mentioning of tribes and tribal name(aka vice police)will horm in on you before you know it :D

England Gal, sis, i can only begin to appreciate your curiosity and need to get to know your roots.

but this forum is a very public space. and its nature means that anybody in the world is able to view this information and if you know people, it doesnt take much to connect real-people to online-personas.

So please take the time to think about whom you want knowing your personal and private details and maybe spend sometime to get to know people first

g'luck

Janna   

Despite our differences P_508 is a man of wisdom and has excellent skills in regards with many things and England girl he might be just the person who you are looking for. I would advice you to trade emails with him. And hopefully with the will of Allah P_508 also known as OG_Moti will find your family, inshallah.

Jacpher   

The girl needs help not stalker. I can’t believe SOL is turning slowly into Somalinet. The girl seems to be serious about finding her lost family roots. Kaba soo qaad inay tahay walaashaa!

Good advice Caanogeel bro.

England Gal, the best way to find your family root is to make a physical contact with Somali families in your area. I think you can start by contacting either the community center or the mosque in your town. Ask to speak with the Imam directly. He may forward you to some elders who might belong or know someone of your mommy’s clan.

Be wary of any online contact you make, you never know the outcome.

By the way, don’t feel bad or shy about this. You’re not alone. My uncle adopted a son that was left in a middle of a farm during the war. His adopted son never met his biological mom and dad. Though he has contacts with the relatives of his mom & dad, I don’t think he’ll ever leave my uncle or stop calling him dad.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

- Meeshaan ha ii Afro Xumaan - Balaayo kula madax qurac lahaataye

Cheers

waryaa koofiyad yar intaad so xiratid ha iska kay dhigin odeyga indha-yar oo buurta kor fadhiisto..

Pujah   

^^ thought I would point out even though i could be wrong its illegal for someone to call mom/dad to someone other than their bioligical parents in our religion. Cant remember whether it was hadith or ayah.

England girl sista sadly the only way you will find your relative is through the clane line, like many before me suggested i would advice you to contact Somalis in your area and they can refer you to someone that shares your mother's tribe.

I pray that you will find your family. good luck