Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Somali Romance Online...

Asalaamu'calaykum,

i was just checking my email and came across something quite odd.

Hello!

osman hassan of the email list

is inviting you to join this list, hosted at

Topica.com.

1stly i dont recall knowing someone with that name, but most importantly i was very suprised to find out we even had a singles.com 4 somali's, interesting...must say i got a good laugh though, obviously its a new site coz when i tried to check it out it seemed quite limited, and it seems the ppl who have registered have no idea what its abuout or who refered them. anyway 2 cut a long story short does any1 here know what the hell its about, and 4 the rest of the public what do u think about the idea of us "somali's" turning 2 the web 4 romance? i still think its a lil weird, i know alot of other communities are getting it 2 it, but comon now Somali's :eek: . plus how on earth would u explain urself 2 ur family if things do work out 4 u?

curious to hear ur thoughts on the matter.

wasalaam.

btw i didnt register, not my cuppa tea.

[ February 04, 2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Mursal ]

Hey whatever floats anyone's boat. Any technological advacements are created to get people closer. So I don't think it really matters much where a person meet their love-interest as long as they met them. From what i had seen so far of online-romances, it is like any other "real" romance that began face to face. There are lies, pains, dissapointments, joy, happiness, anger, and break-up or make-up. As to how to tell this to the familia! Well let's just say if they were able to convince us to marry someone whom we never met years ago, we should be able to have them accept this new generations style of relationship. It isn't how something began that is important, it is the in betweens which makes the difference

nuune   

there are more somali sites which offer...... u call it dating or isbarasho, so it is not something weird,

x_quizit   

Since somalis are dispersed in many parts of the world, I don't see the harm in those that would like to meet their fellow people through the net.

I know a couple that met in the cyber world and are currently married, so maybe the person of your dreams is just a website away...lol..who knows... smile.gif

Peace

MrKayse   

Originally posted by x_quizit:

I know a couple that met in the cyber world and are currently married, so maybe the person of your dreams is just a website away...lol..who knows...
smile.gif

lol@ website away... good one :D

nafta   

how much would you believe of something a person u just got to know on the net, told you?

I mean, me on a personal level never approved much of those online dating things, whether they be white, somali or hindu for all i care. Without trying to make any offences i think it looks as though a person is forcing it to get to know someone, what wrong with the old fashioned..."have u got the time"...okay that might sound a bit cheesy, but all i'm saying is getting to know people off the net has got its own risks, bigger ones than when u meet someone on the street or via some other contact u got...the WWW has got its advantages but it cmes along with its major disadvantages as well...and plus think of the dissapointment if that person is not at all as you imagined, cuz he/she had been feeding you all sorts of crap and goobledegook. You can claim to be whoever you want behind the net and people always think they know what they are getting up against but its easy to get sucked into the 'romance' or 'allure' of things.

Just think twice before partcipating in any of those kinda things

ijabo   

id have ta agree wit the truth shall ste u free.....its weird but not that weird, at the end of the day its the consequences that really matter and affect us.

peace

Kool_Kat   

It is really not that weird...I think it is alot easier than the good old "shukansi" way...First you get a chance to get to know the person, before actually meeting him/her face to face...Once the two ppl feel that they share some common interests, then they may take to the next level and meet...Or just stop communicating...Which I think is better, incase y'all decide there no common interest...

NO HARD FEELINGS...

Asalamu aleykum wr. wb.

Dear Intuition. It happened to me aswell and after wondering who the h**l signed me up, I unsupscriped. I must say it did not surprise me that such a website might exist, but the surprise was that it didn't exist. Surely anybody would wonder if this is some trick to "what ever". I would warn people about that particular "website"

About meeting others online, I think it's a wast of time, since U can never get to know the other person unless they are 100% honest about them selfs, that is when U can decide if U match and go from there or drop it. So, how can U trust any1 U don't know!! for all U care he can have 3wives and 20 kids. or she can be married with kids and husband and just playing tricks with U or wasting time with U.

My opinion is, take your time if U want to give it a try and know the risks. otherwise U can take your chance with some1 real and atleast U have no regret if things don't work out.

What ever Ur choice, good luck to all who are seeking.