Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Is She the next Imaan???

raula   

Pretty boy..she is nomad...wat tha F****...wheteher U like it or not...walaahi u pps Xaasids... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....

Like 1 said...she is 23...and its up to her to do whateva she likes.....so she is not asking for ur support pps...calm ur F******* nerves down 4 godsake....

Macalin   

OK..what part of ugly don u understand..we not hating we just said shes ugly!

Raula> a bit of a stereotype u is aint ya..ama vipi?

The woman like filsan said Cabuurka ka qurxan..sorre

LST> even with a diff pic, still waa XUUX XUUX

Kool_Kat   

MMA, I was just reading that article today on the Toronto Star... Shoo... She is really beautiful, much better looking than Iman and Waris, at least...

That's my input on this...

DraGon   

MMA

I read the paper too....I must say she is beautiful and gorgeous. She seems to be someone who understands her backround and is respectful of her faith and culture unlike Iman and the fool Baaris Diiriye.

I say power to her...I just hope she doesn't get caught or lost in the world of beauty, It can destroy you if one is not careful.

All the best to you Yasmin.

Ariadne   

I have nothing abainst her cuz shes a model as long as its legal I have nothing against anyones job but the girl in those pictures she does not look somali more south sudanese.....

raula   

;) Lakkad..U r probably confusing me w/som1 else...boy, I can be judgemental(like most of ppl here seem to be) by I choose not,its not my virtue.....man I was just pointing to the critical stereotyping that exists/seem to prevail against somali women in general...Iam half-sure that if this incident happened to be a guy, he wont have got much criticism as she did...(yea,I know bout the religious take on this, and so is to a guy-dont wanna get into details)...and when I mentioned bout them singers..is there any substantial critism that exists on their side except that they have crossed an islamic "bridge" that forbids them to do this???

& I wonder y does it seem to me that always when it comes to beauty, somalis somehow consider themselves the most beautiful..and start pointing fingures at others???yaqee..adinkaba..sanweinayalba wadledihin..(sorry if u might not understand)...I mean basically, we've got the darkest,the skinniest, the tall, the short, the beautiful, the ugly(mmmmhhh),the craziest, the calm, and the watevas in all cultures...so dont stereotype...

like 1 poster said..she seems to have some ground morals..but I hope she doesn't get sucked in...&BTW..she aint representing somalis...but just trying to get paid...so plzz..don't let ur tongue fall out..

ahh..the usual...always hating rather than congratulatin...frankly im happy there's another Somali model..we are beautiful people..we always have been and its funny to see that people are just realizing anyways..all im sayin is shes doing her thang..congratulate dont hate..

and for your info drangon..waris dirie was great...so i suggest you dont speak on something you dont know...i wonder what you do

Originally posted by raula:

...and when I mentioned bout them singers..is there any substantial critism that exists on their side except that they have crossed an islamic "bridge" that forbids them to do this???

Rawla, first, welkam back walashiis. smile.gif

In Islaamic shareeca, sister, there are, I guess if I remember them rightly, five categories that governs every Muslim's move: compulsory or obligatory {farad} encouraged {mustaxab} permissable {mubax} discouraged {makruux} and prohibited or forbidden {xaraam}.

And our scholars unanimously agreed modeling of any kind is forbidden {xaraam} completely. We therefore should neither encourage those who do, nor should we praise or congratulate them. We let them know it is haraam, period. True, it is what they do, and the final judgement doesn't rest on us. But we tell as it is.

And frankly enough, this girl seems to know that fine line of xaraam of what she is doing now.

Back to the issue of singing; singing is not unanimously agreed by our wonderful scholars. Some say it is, to an extent, allowed. Some say it is discouraged. Some say it is completely forbidden, unless there is no instrument or voice-only that cannot incite people to do something forbidden or discouraged. So, unlike modeling which the scholars has a clear stand, singing on the other hand is a bit controversial. It all depends on how some define that word.

Libaax and Wadani: Those pictures you provided are NOT her. :D She looks a typical Soomaali, only extra caato. I had seen her two years ago on this local station. The show was about Soomaalis in Toronto, and how they differ. So, she and her then boyfriend represented to those who were considered leftists.

Anyway, what she does is her job and to Allaah, none of our daily business.

Macsalaama!!

khadar01   

Why do we have animosity towards those of us who want to succeed? the sensible thing would've been to congratulate her, because that's what people do when they see their fellow countrymate trying to succeed, because they feel pride.we should be broud of the fact that she's one of us.regarldless of whether she's somali or not isn't the point.she's one of us who's striving to succeed therefore, she deserves our support not our critisism.i couldn't have said it better somaliprincess,besides models are some of the things that give a positive image of us,hey it's the only somali thing that you don't hear the word bloodshed after it.

I agree with MMA....you guys,maxaa dambaabteen :( (the ppl that insulted that model) the picture that you just saw was not yasmin warsame....but anyway,I wish her luck and what she does is between her and allah....

Abdinuur   

PEOPLE, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME JUDGING SOMEONE THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT!

I have to agree with SMILEY.

You guys don't know anything about these "models" and so whatever they do is their business. Don't be a hater :mad: . She (or they) is just trying to make a LIVING (she's probably supporting her parents).

WHATEVER SHE DOES IS HER OWN BUSINESS AND NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE HER LIKE THAT. ONLY ALLAH CAN JUDGE HIS CREATURES.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but this judgmental topic useless and we have better things to do that just this.

Peace.

Here we go again, hating on people :rolleyes:

Girl I work with showed me this article, and she was very impressed with that picture. Yasmin looks good, plus she is wearing CHANEL, how many of you hater out there even touched Chanel....pls :rolleyes:

If Alec Wek (the sudaness model) is called pretty, Yasmin is Million times better looking.....and good for her (YOU GO GIRL)!

xoxox