Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Should we change our diet?

Juxa   

^^ so our chocolate date is off miyaaaaaaa?

are you back in london shanty?

blessed you are blessed with good genes. dadkan lafaha baruurta ka gashay oo fufu ka midyahay haka waalin

Blessed   

Hopefully this weekend. Maya, maya the date is definitely not off. That will be the exception, I'll go without chocolate untill then, markaa igu gur. LOL. I think the good genes expires by a certain age.. bari dhaw 'wey fuurtay' aad dhaheesaan.. I'm heading that way.

nuune   

Good diet:

- Muufo on the go

- Kabajaan in the maraq

- Dheecaanka Dixiriga in the milk

if you can afford, kill half foot snake, and consume it within 3 days, this is one year's source of Vitamin Double.

Blessed   

^it could possibly make you over-weight or obese, most of coplaints are due to being over weight, runta hadi la isku sheego. Islamically you're not supposed to eat for full-ness. That I think is the biggest food issue for us.

-Lily-   

I find it more shocking among kids too, I am always horrified to see parents giving their children can after can of fizzy drinks, Ribena, apple juice…so much sugar for delicate teeth!

It’s not always about being over-weight, by all means enjoy your bombalo-buttacnimo, which has its own sets of problems. It’s about nutrional value and health. A skinny person's arteries will clog up with junk food just like a fat persons, their teeth will get destroyed by sugar just as much as a fat persons. To deny that many chronic diseases are linked to dietary and lifestyle choices is to lie to yourself. The same can be said about exercise and health.

I find health is often a bigger motivator than weight loss. Yes you will die one day but you might as well live in quality while you’re around. That's why you see a tacbaan 70 year old who is a burden on their family and a fit 70 year old, travelling, working and living quality.

I always lecture my extended family. It's the least I can do.

N.O.R.F   

LOL@2pac's changes

I wasn't talking about 'dieting'. I was talking about what we eat and what we consider to be healthy food. Even after all these years, our elders are still eating one main meal a day (maybe two if they're lucky).

If you're going to do that then thats a recipe for problems. White rice and meat everyday!!

I doubt the nomads here are the same but healthy eating (as well as exercise etc) will keep you going later on in life IA.

*off for some fish & chips with mushy peas*

BOB   

Obbo

Waxaad ka hadleysaan waa dad kibray. deiting waxaa ka fikira qof xor ah oo raashinkuu codsado loo karinayo laakiin mid maskiin ahoo maqaaxi meel aan aheyn aan waxba ka cunin goormuu diet ka fakiraa? :D

Waxaad wadaan waa dharag dhacsi ee aniga daaya dee...anagaad dooneysaan inaad maseer nagu abuurtaan. :mad:

PS. Calool baa igasoo dhacday oo maalin walba magaalo cusub baa dhismata. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Juxa   

^^ mar haday baxsato caloosha waa dhib badan tahay si loo soo celiyaa marka caloosha ilaali

N.O.R.F   

LoL@Bob

Saxib xaasidnimo maahee culeyska iyo potential calool xanuun iska ilaali. Baxashu waxay ugu darantay bachelorhood ee maqaaxiyaad ku dagaalantid nus baleed uun ka cun.

BOB   

Juxa...watching all the games in this year's world cup is enough exercise for you sooma aha? that's enough torture for you to endure in one single month. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Somalina   

Originally posted by Juxa:

^^ mar haday baxsato caloosha waa dhib badan tahay si loo soo celiyaa marka caloosha ilaali

Taasi beentaa ma aha. Wax calool weyn maba la i tuso aniga. Markaan yaraa waxaan dadka buurbuuran weydiin jirey "maxaad sugeysey ilaa iyo heerkaan markaad gaareysey ileen hal mar intaan lama ekaaninee?" lol...

Dadka waaweyn waxay u baahan yihiin in lagu qasbo cuntada u fiican lana baro faa'iidada ay leedahay iyo caafimaadka ku jira.

It is the respobsibility of their children to make sure they are eating right. So who needs to be educated? I say the children! Let the train-the-trainer program begin.

Gabdho, specially Juxa iyo Ibti waxba idinka ma qorayo. I have a feeling you are aliens maxaa yeelay, all you eat is cake iyo wax daran, hadana rumor has it inaad dhex yartihiin so labadiina sheekada ha soo galina.

Mideeda kale, if you ever have a choice between xalwo iyo fat, eat the fat because your body needs it, but sugar is poison. So Xalwo is like jawaan(sp?)sugar ah adoo cuntay.

Wadankan cuduro badan baa ka jira, so elders waa in loo taliyaa.