Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somali's: Is-eegatada aan isogoleyn

Chimera   

The Taiwanese think the Mainland Chinese are no good twisted Communists, the Mainland Chinese think the Hong Kongites are Chinese on the outside English on the inside, the Hong Kongites think the Taiwanese are traitors, but in the diaspora however they together make up the ethnic enclaves known as Chinatowns.

The Osakans think the Tokyoites are greedy, the Nagoyans think the Osakans are unsophisticated, the Tokyoites think the Nagoyans are countrybums, but in the diaspora they are all Japanese.

The Punjabis think the Tamils are darkskinned lowcaste people, the Tamils think the Punjabis are basterds of the Aryan invasions, the Sikhs think the Marathi's are pirates, the Marathi's think the Sikhs are fanatics, but in their diaspora they are all Indians.

Nothing hypocritical about this, its human nature to stick with what your familiar with. In the Somali case it only tells us that the conflict is one of ideology and wrong leadership rather than actual deep rooted animosity.

The Taiwanese think the Mainland Chinese are no good twisted Communists, the Mainland Chinese think the Hong Kongites are Chinese on the outside English on the inside, the Hong Kongites think the Taiwanese are traitors, but in the diaspora however they together make up the ethnic enclaves known as Chinatowns.

The Osakans think the Tokyoites are greedy, the Nagoyans think the Osakans are unsophisticated, the Tokyoites think the Nagoyans are countrybums, but in the diaspora they are all Japanese.

The Punjabis think the Tamils are darkskinned lowcaste people, the Tamils think the Punjabis are basterds of the Aryan invasions, the Sikhs think the Marathi's are pirates, the Marathi's think the Sikhs are fanatics, but in their diaspora they are all Indians.

Nothing hypocritical about this, its human nature to stick with what your familiar with. In the Somali case it only tells us that the conflict is one of ideology and wrong leadership rather than actual deep rooted animosity.

You're wrong about one thing though. The Chinese, Indians and Japanese don't house, feed, and hug strangers just because they happen to be from the same place. They dont buy each other tickets when one is deserted on an airport and they dont certainly cause a traffic jam on a packed freeway just to wave at a big-forheaded Somali walking (because they're just overwhelmed to see another big forhead smile.gif ).

I remember my first visit to Chicago. I was with a couple of friends and none of us have been there before so we kept getting lost. We went there for shopping so all day we kept stopping and getting directions that didnt make sense. We were at this gas station when a yello cab spotted us and did um... pretty much illegal U-turn. Before we could blink, a Somali dude was smilling at us, practically giddy with excitement.Needless to say the guy took us where we wanted, insisted to take us out to eat,helped us get a nice Hotel and the next day his wife and him invited us for a delicious breakfast. We left and that was that.

Chimera   

That is your personal bias because your from this ethnic group, i'm sure if you were an American expat in Bahrain or in Nigeria you would also do all these crazy things for a fellow American and vice versa.

Sikhs are Punjabis and all the Punjabis in the diaspora are not Indians.. :D

Most of Tamils are dark-skinned and not all the Tamils are Indians. :D:D

That is your personal bias because your from this ethnic group, i'm sure if you were an American expat in Bahrain or in Nigeria you would also do all these crazy things for a fellow American and vice versa.

You're operating under assumption. And no I wouldnt do ANY of those for my fellow Americans. Only Somalis. Nobody offers money and shelter to strangers from the same race just because they're from that race. Well, except Somalis.

Chimera   

You are trying very hard to make this ''Good Samaritanism'' a unique Somali cultural thing, but i tell you its not, matter fact the people of the country your living in have given shelter and welcomed into their neighbourhoods millions of non-Americans from across the world including you(you come off as ungrateful lol), is it really that hard for you to believe that Americans would do the same thing for their fellow citizens if they met eachother in foreign places?

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Sikhs are Punjabis and all the Punjabis in the diaspora are not Indians..
:D

Most of Tamils are dark-skinned and not all the Tamils are Indians.
:D:D

I was clearly referring to citizens of India.

Abwaan   

Bootaan is raggeedii...Does anyone have a link for his poem about the London underground?

loool...Tunweyn....Waa eray bixin hore u jirtey balse uu qaab macquul ah u isticmaalay.

Is eegatada aan is ogolayn? priceless... :D

Abtigiis   

gabay kale oo fantastic ah oo dadka mirqaama u tiriyey ayaa aad u fiicnaa. bal Ngonge ha noo raadiyo.

Always On baan ahay,

Bal ilaahay amarkii

Taajir ooman baan ahay

B   

What would the literal translation of this term be in english....

is it 'the people who want each other but wont accept each other'

can someone help please?

Abtigiis   

B,

It is something like that. It shouldn't bother you too much though. It is not for you. You, you have many other problems to overcome than worry about what this means. I recommend professor Wasuge's 30 minute programme on Universal TV. It is on Somali grammer and vocabulary. :D:D:D