Sign in to follow this  
Business_Man

Rumours

First of all, I dont approve of divorce and second of all, i dont approve of a marriage that is done hastily!. Patience is a virtue my fellow nomads so live up to it!.

I am hearing certain stories from mates who came from the states. Most of them concern their home city of mineapollis. I was wondering if their is any state other than minesota that beats the divorce rate between somali people!. Is it true that it is known as the garoob/garoobo state?.

Mr.M

Xafsa   

kusoo celi bal!! maxaa tiri?...garoob aa?!!!

I;m just messin' with you.....

Since there are alot of somali's here in MNPLS we have no choice but to get married and divorced right away...hey we have a lot of ground to cover :D

So many fine somalis...so little time :(

On the real though...its not about what state you live in...its just a bad habit that somali's everywhere share. I'm sure MNPLS does not have a higher divorce rate than any other city.

peace and luv

ZOLA   

WELL COME BACK PAKI..UR ABSENCE WAS NOT MISSED...AND WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT SOMALI MARRIAGES ANYWAY?....NOW U THINK U ALL THAT AND SOMALI EXPERT....AT LIST IF WE SOMALIS GET DIVORCED..WE CAN GET MARIED AS MANY TIMES AS WE WANT TO ....BUT U PAKIS....BOY,BOY....IF U FEMALES GET DIVORCED....THAT IS THE END OF THEIR LIFE.....THEY CAN NERVER GET MARRIED AGAIN.....DON'T EVEN TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS ISSUE..COZ SWEETY, I KNOW THE PAKI CULTURE THE SAME WAY I KNOW MY OWN CULTURE...

MR MELL..GOOD TO SEE U AGAIN ....AM FROM MN AND I DON'T HEAR OF MNY DIVORCES..BUT THERE IS A WEDDING EVERY WEEK END...THAT I KNOW..

I PERSONALLY THINK IF 2 PEOPLE CAN NOT GET ALONG..THEY SHOULD GO THEIR SEPERATE WAYS.

A.A

lol   

I personaly think the drastic increase in the divorce rate in Somali society is mainly due to the loss of strong grounds for marriage. Alot of the times majority of Somali couples marry merely out of jealousy. Simply and plainly they get jealous of their friend getting married and they want to achieve the same thing. But then when they realize how married life is, they won't think twice of it but head for the divorce courts.

As far as minnnesota being Garoob State.. I surely won't agree with you on dat. Divorce is scattered across all the countries Somalis ever seeked Asylum in.. So don't let your prejudism mislead your thinking! ;)

Senora   

Alot of the times majority of Somali couples marry merely out of jealousy. Simply and plainly they get jealous of their friend getting married and they want to achieve the same thing. But then when they realize how married life is, they won't think twice of it but head for the divorce courts

Where's your proof, or statistics to back this silly claim!

Due to MN has the highest new comers they still carry our tradition of getting married too soon (which I think it is nice as long both of you are committing towards a health family), unlike those of us who been here for a while it is scary to be married, and unfortunately some of us elect not to have kids even after marriege (call them a moderate ;) ) One of many reasons is Women who are taking advantage of the incentives that come with being a single mother. And rather than finding out a solution for the problem the next thing you know there goes Bac-Madoow ;) .... In Common sense it is part of life the more people the more marriage and divorce that come with it. In addition to that MN has the biggest Somali Population in the states....

Nabadeey smile.gif