Sign in to follow this  
Adna

Would You or Would You Not????

Adna   

Salaam.

I Was just wondering If you had a very close friend she/he, and you would consider them as a best friend would you start relationship with them or not and Why?. However, the person is an ideal lifetime partner that you would consider, but then destroying friendship would be terrible too. so, Would you or would you not?..

W/salaam!

I wouldn't risk long-lasting friendship for marriage, my friends that are brothers don't fit the bill of becoming a suitable husband anyway. I don't know, we just don't have the same goals and we're headed in two polar opposite directions.

It would just feel weird too, I can't picture myself married to one of them. :eek: :confused:

Nephissa   

Some of my guy friends have liked me in the past, and I have only ever crossed the line with one of them redface.gif . Luckily when the relationship went south we didn't end up losing touch for whatever reason. Infact we became the bestest of friends, like Jerry and Elaine on Seinfeld.

To answer your q, yes, I would. I can’t imagine anything better then marrying your best friend, someone you can laugh with and love at the same time. If the relationship should end and the friendship with it, so be it.

Malika   

What could be nicer then having your best friend as your partner,if you liked this man as a friend, then he must possess qualities you desire in a man,why be his friend if he is the opposite of those you see fit to hang out with.

I agree with Nephthys,it's such a delight to have your partner as your best friend,makes life alot more easier.

Baluug   

I really can't understand why people would think that a relationship would get in the way of a friendship. If a person is good enough to be your best friend, it's only natural that they would also bee good enough to be your spouse.

Faheema.   

Hooking up with your friend is like buying a used car with full service history. You know exactly what was 'done' 'when' and 'where' :D . I guess it has its advantages, lakiin there is no mystery component, nothing really to discover or to be intrigued by, no element of surprise.

A good friendship does not necessarily translate into a good relationship. You always expect so much more from a relationship. So its best to assess if your friend meets your criteria for 'more' and then take it from there. There is no reason why this should impact your friendship, whether it works out or not.. just make sure you're always honest with yourself and him.

NGONGE   

You girls have MALE best friends? If I had a female BEST friend she would have to be really really ugly in order for me not to think about her in THAT way. :D

Of course, I'm trying to think from the point of view of a single man. As it it is though, I can easily have lots of best girlfriends. As long as they're not twenty two (new benchmark) and under. If they were, they would qualify for the lottery you see.

Shouldn't your benchmark grow, as you do ? Surely *I* cant be out of ur range... not that I care or anything. I mean, I would never ever ever ever ever be ur min-yaro.

BOB   

Bilcaan markaan la saaxiibi ani ma madaxaa laiiga jiraa ani? Agaah...hadee idheheen bilcaan la saaxiib...oo maxaan usheegi bilcaan hadaan la saaxiibo ani!

There is no way on earth I can be friends with a girl...I couldn't and wouldn't have done it even back in the day when I used to be "open-minded" the new term used for Ciyaal-Suuq...lool

Adna...Good Luck as I got nothing to offer to you and even if I did it wouldn't be something that you would enjoy hearing...

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Shouldn't your benchmark grow, as you do ? Surely *I* cant be out of ur range... not that I care or anything. I mean, I would never ever ever ever ever be ur min-yaro.

Nope. It actually recedes with every passing year. I was having a similar conversation about this with my wife the other day. Told her to check out all the ten year olds she sees and keep a mental note of all the potentially good-looking ones. In ten years time, they'll be ripe for the picking. She thought it was a disgusting idea (the ten year olds not the marrying again). Nonetheless, I bet she goes round scowling at little girls now and wondering who her eventual rival will be. :D

Ps

You're right. You'll never be my minyaro. You're too old, darling. icon_razz.gif

nuune   

Originally posted by *BOB:

Bilcaan markaan la saaxiibi ani ma madaxaa laiiga jiraa ani? Agaah...hadee idheheen bilcaan la saaxiib...oo maxaan usheegi bilcaan hadaan la saaxiibo ani!

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ar Bob, war ka daa, bilcaan inaa la saxiibto maxaa ku diidee oo badarka la cunto baradhada la fiiqdo bannaanka isku raacdaan ood barxada kusoo caweesaan bidhaanteedana ka bogatid bismillaahi markaad dhahdo boqol wardi u akhrisid bacda madoow hoosta ka gashaan ood dhagta biriq ka siisid baad ogaan doontaa in bilcaan balaaya ay kuu so jiideeso smile.gif