Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Is God perefctly Evil?!

guerilla   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by guerilla:

just slightly confused.

Maybe you should spend another year contemplating.

Xidigo
...So, you agree with Johnny?
Contemplating what exactly?

Khayr   

Is God perefctly Evil?

What an absurd title....Good and Perfection are in tandem with GOD and His attributes. Evil is the abscence of the Good.

The better question is -Why is there Evil in the world? Which to a simple answer is because their is GOODNESS, because their is GOD. It is the Ying and Yang. The Devil is there because he went from being good to evil, precisly because he was not Perfection - God.

Suffering is a necessary contingency of the world because after all, GOD is ETERNAL and the world temporal.

Johnny B   

^I've decided NOT to engage on this thread in respect to 'my' sister Rahima's religious sensibilities.

nevertheless,i'll this one last time.

If 'Suffering is a necessary contingency of the world because after all, GOD is ETERNAL and the world temporal', then in your attempt to exculpate God from Evilness, you're saying we've to suffer ( endure God's evilness or God's will to make us suffer ) because of the temporality of our world, which doesen't amount to much because God is claimed to be omnicient / omnipotent i.e knows and wants us to suffer.

There is no logic in religion, any philosophical debates on god's motivations will lead to nowhere. We as humans don't have the mental capacity to understand allah's(swt) motivations, it's something you believe in or you don't. That simple.

Blessed   

This came to my inbox, I think it was meant for some of the Muslims on this thread.. smile.gif

Guriella,

You're projecting dear and contradicting yourself. How do you fear the punishment of a God that does not exist? I echo Cheh, contemplate more on your position before you preach.. smile.gif

Anyhoo.. Islamic perspective.

Question: We read in the Qur'ân: "If a happy thing befalls them, they say: This is from Allah; and if an evil thing befalls them they say: This is because of you. Say: All is from Allah." We read in the very next verse: "Whatever good happens to you, is from Allah; but whatever evil befalls you, is from youself." How can it all be from Allah an at the same time the evil be from ourselves?

Answered by Sheikh Sa`ûd al-Funaysân, former professor at al-Imâm University

Everything that happens, both the good and the evil of what happens, is from Allah in the sense that He is the Creator, originator, and determiner of all things. Nothing in creation can bring anything from non-existence into existence. Only Allah can create. He is the sole originator of everything. Allah says: "Allah is the Creator of all things, and He has charge over all affairs." [sûrah al-Zumar: 62]

This is the meaning intended by the first verse you ask about, verse 78 0f Sûrah al-Nisâ:

Wheresoever you may be, death will overtake you, even though you were in lofty towers. Yet if a happy thing befalls them, they say: "This is from Allah"; and if an evil thing befalls them they say: "This is because of you (O Muhammad)." Say (unto them): "All is from Allah." What is amiss with these people that they come not nigh to understand a happening?

The very next verse, which is verse 79 of Sûrah al-Nisâ', tells us:

Whatever good happens to you, is from Allah; but whatever evil befalls you, is from yourself.

This verse means that Allah is the one who makes good things easy for you and He makes you disposed to engage in what is good. As for evil things, even though Allah is the creator of those things as well, we as people fall into them by our own free choice.

We see in the choice of words of these two verses delicacy of speech. This passage of the Qur'ân teach us the etiquette we should observe when speaking about Allah. We do not attribute evil to Allah.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) expresses the same concept hen he says: "All goodness is in Your hand, and evil is not attributed to You." [sahîh Muslim (1290)]

Abraham (peace be upon him) put this etiquette into practice when he said: "He who created me and then guided me; He who nourishes me and quenches my thirst; and when I fall ill, He it is who restores my health." [sûrah al-Shu`arâ': 80]

We can see here how Abraham attributes his creation, guidance, nourishment, and recovery to Allah, but attributes falling ill to himself. This is simply a matter of etiquette, since Allah is the creator of all things.

In brief, Allah creates all things, including our actions. However, we have free will, and we choose for ourselves either what is good or what is evil. Therefore, we are held accountable for our choices.

And Allah knows best.

www.islamtoday.com

where is al-shabaab johnny b. please meat with one of those young al shabab soldiers and have this kind of debate with them. They are more than eduacted then us, and let me know what the answer will be.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

[QB] God is claimed to be omnicient / omnipotent i.e knows and wants us to suffer.

Is that your definition of omniscient and omnipotent or webster's? ;)