Sign in to follow this  
checkmate

Ladies, how do guys do this!

How do guys work 8hr shifts, come home and cook great tasting meals......BRIMO < SUGUNTO >TEERSO

yesterday i reached home around 5:30in the afternoon, fixed my self some tea, read few articles on parenting and meternity, watched couple of shows here nad there.

Around 9 me wife came home, after lil confersation of how was your day n all, she asked " so what are we eating tonight" and i says " sweety we hav been eating out for a two months and it's reallt flattening the pocket u know" she says "yeah i know han, but you i can't stand the kitchen now nor cooking, so from now on you gonna hav ta start cooking" at this point am thinking tuna fish or turkey sandwitch or something bur she continues " am craving for baasto iyo suugo" woooow i says "sweety you know that i can't cook" she says"well you gonna hav ta learn eventually, tonight will be a good start, plus i'll instruct you" thought for sec my creativeness kicked in and i said" hon may be you can show me" women they'r always two steps ahead of us, she says"nice try big guy, plus sweety i can't stand the kitchen" so finally i says OOOK.

To make a long story short, the instructions began, take out the meat, wash these tomatoes, chop these onions, prepare the salad before everything, make a Uturn so-on n so-forth.

It took me three and half hrs to cook that damn meal, served it we ate, just when i thought i was done being xaliimo. Me wife says "A aa look at all these dishes you hav dirtied, who do you think is going ta wash them, oooh my god look at the stove, look at the kitchen floor, you gotta clean all of this maan" am thinking DARN "had i known all this stuff was comin, i would'nt hav agreed to this" and she also says " i really hate how you wash dishes, don't just use water and (glab glab) the dishes, use the soap that is why it's there to be used" am talking to me self now saying"xaliimo waa ku qabsatay caawa ee, markale ayaan loo noqon doonin" it took me another three hours to wash the dishes, clear the stove, and wash the kitchen floor........

today morning i called in SICK at work.....and i still didn't recover yet

i tell ya guys are NOT cut-out for this type stuff....waa dhib walaahi.....once ina blue moon is kool, but E.....no way josey amigoos

asxantu

nuune   

It took me three and half hrs to cook that damn meal,

that is waste of time :D it took me less than 30 minute to cook baasto and maraq whatever suugo, wallaahi it is not a joke, it was only few dayz ago, and i will do da same after few dayz to take rest, then for the next job which is Fadareeshan(bariis,baasto and galleey)

warya shoobaro, i know it took u more than that, for the three hours, ur wife gave u a big help, but me, no wife, and 30 minute :D:D

OG Moti   

Shoobaro sxb ... she is not your wife, she is the devil himself.. I really felt so bad for you, cooking cleaning and also instructed to properly use the soap.. that is slavary bro, the title of this topic should be "THE DAY I HAVE BEEN SLAVED" at least she should have helped in cleaning.. anyway, as being bachelor, I go home from work 7:30 pm and I start watching tv while i am undressing, then take a cold shower and start cooking my tuna and mixed with cheese and union and everything that comes to my hand and a glass of coke, i am fine.. and every night the same story, till start smelling like a tuna.. and if i got married she will be smelling like a tuna as well if she ever suggests that i cook... brother did i tell you Asian women are like traditional somali women that our fathers enjoyed being with, they hate seeing man in the kitchen, a man should sit in living room and plan how to take the family to the next level of good living and development to better ... good luck bro, but if it makes you better i think you have been slaved and that was not right... peace

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^yaa ciyaal qawaaf, horta fahan sheekada. this was not slavery, it was necessity. she was not been the devil, she could not cook at the time being :rolleyes: bilaa caleek, ma capital yaa wax la idinku dhigi jirey.

boolbaro, i know, shoobaro is spoilt.

moti, u gonna look like fish if u dont stop manyaca badan.

back to shoobaro, brother 3 hours aad bay u badan tahay, may i make some suggestions, since as qacbaro said iam typical somali xalimo and run tight ship at home. lemme praise your dedication first and say there is first time for everything, iam glad inaad the lady caawinayso, here goes my tips for 2morrow bariis basmati ;)

- take out the hilib before u go to work

- as soon as u get home, hilibka digsi saar, lil water and garlic and basal. dabka u dheeree. markuu gursado, saliid yar(sunflower), baradhada ku dar, xawaaji or kabsar, dabka ka gaabi, huuris camel, when u hear shagagac, add lil bit butter, more basal, sidi ring camel u goo goo, gaduudi hilibka, then foornada gali for more gaduudis(it smells great)

now, bariiska, digsi salid yar ku shub, dhaq bariiska(wayahan dadka bariska ma dhaqaan why). ku shub digsiga, walaaaaaq. then put a curry powder(ask the wife if she can take the smell). dabka ha gaabsanaado, add maraq dijaaja,2xabo heel ah, qorfo. make sure bariiska inuusan digsiga ku dhagin. now add 2 cups of hot water(i would say maraq ari) depending on what u like. then leave it for 6minue occationally stirring.

now is the time to do multi-tasking, clean the dishes and worktops. it takes less than 5 min, do the salad, takes 3 min, biyaha qas, another 2 min. set the table with candles that is 5 min.

now, time to serve. dinner for two, love all around. and when u finish being papa love all the washin up to do is 2saxan and the floor.

hope it helped, no more dacwo about the wife (dhaqda naagihina :eek: )lemme know if more recipes are needed. iam tradionalist, so just as ayeeyo used to cook it lee i waydiiya.

"Take the hilib out before you go to work"???

Are you kidding me, thats like welcoming bacteria with open arms. No food, specially poultry food should be left out in the open that many hours.

Quick tip of defrosting meat/chicken...

When you get home and ready to cook, just make sure you either put the meat/chicken in the microwave in order to defrost, but if u are not a microwave fan,then you might want to do it the ole school way....

ole school defrosting....

Take a digsi out, turn your stove on and put the frozen hilib/chicken in it, a little water, and every 1 minutes or so, turn on each side, and in no time the ice should melt.

PS: Set a timetable, just until you start to familiarize yourself, and in no time you would turn out to be a pro....(especially if u enjoy trying out new things, be creative, because it can't always be baasto or bariis)

NGONGE   

lol@Shobaaro..ala maxa nala gumiistay, saaxib.

lakin ruunta hadaan ku sheego, xayraan bad eska tahay ninyaho. xaaskaga hado walac hayo, maxa ku hor dhigay? arr hoyadiid o so dhir oo tunoho Moti sheegayay eska sameeso. Cajiiib!!

Going into the Kitchen needs talent, it also needs discipline and you really have to be interested in what you’re cooking. The girls have the advantage over us in that department (most girls anyway). If you don’t know how to do it and don’t enjoy it, don’t do it, saaxib. Don’t do it for love or money. Phone for a pizza. La es ma dhibo, saaxib.

Anyway, your case is temporary. She’ll soon be up and running again and cooking you all sorts of lovely foods. In the meanwhile, you either eat out or call a female relative to do all your cooking. It’s the Somali way and therefore it must be correct, saaxib.

Did she enjoy your food by the way? :rolleyes:

x_quizit   

I can't believe no one picked up on the fact that he said he was home by 5:30, and his wife was home at 9pm, and he still expected her to cook???? :eek:

Hello? OG Moti, now that's slavery....and not to mention moronic, and just plain inconsiderate....if ur home 4 hrs b4 ur wife, why dont u do the cooking??? :mad:

And don't give me the crap about not knowing, anyone can learn, and practice makes perfect...its all in time management...I suggest u take the tips from the other ladies and let Juxa give u some more recipe tips...believe it or not...ur wife would be 10x more appreciative if u show a lil' consideration...also, don't assume all ladies love to cook, thats just a myth....

p.s.-where in the "how to be somali" handbook does it say the wife must be the only cook if u are both working outside the home??? New Edition that I have missed??? :confused:

Peace

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^^^^^missed that chapter too. i forgot that u got home 4 hrs ahead smile.gif

now i wont attack, knowing shoobaro's heart is the right place and he promised to be good ;)

lazy.........abaayo, if u saw the end of my post, i wrote this was ayeeyo style cooking.

maybe i should pay attention to bacteria but we have eaten hilib miijiska laga keenay, and we here :D . i still live same old way. i cook same food, sorry if iam too dhoore

ps. i dont own microwave. i think that makes us lazy and encourages tv-dinners.

OG_Girl   

LOOOOOOOOOOL@cooking!! NOT ME..if he wants to eat either to cook or bring Srilankian lady. I don't like wasakh in my kitchen should be smell bleach and cleaning chimicals only...no cooking or food smell.

I am happy with my Pepsi and Bounty chocolate bar :D

Salam

Rokko   

LOL..Waraa Shoobaro sxb why didn't you inform me you were going to war after seeing ya in the Neighborhood Halal store buying Hilib adhi etc..damn, No wonder why u were sweating so hard..lol.

I could've save ya some time by letting ya borrow "Iskaabulo Cooking Style Guide"

As for Nomad sisters, give da guy a break and cheer him up, at least he tried...aight

Qac Qaac   

waraa your Woman doesn't have to cook for you... if u want u could pay her to cook for u. that's the trueth.. besides why u watching tv.. if u r hungary.. u waiting for her.. where is ur manhood man loooool.

but ladies show lil compasionate idinkana, some times cook the meal for miskiinka. haddii kale wadnaha buu is goon.

Akademik   

Hey shoobaro, my older brother howz N...doing.

Damn man, i missed you all, anyway man don't complain, i'm ova here dating 17,ya know..

she cooks her azz off, i mean the food, is crazy

like she went to school for it..ma'shallah..

don't complain, after she'z done with school,

you don't have to work..

and cooking will be neccesary, you'll be the latest house husband, the double H..

well hey i tried to write you a priv' you blocked your own brother how sad...

well than..see later X'..

Hey shobaro

It good to see what we go through in our daily life ic it took you three hr i guess next time you will be faster the more you get use to it the easy it gets by the way iam starving do you mind making me some to eat lol

kixkixkixkixkix hadana kixkixkix

man if faarax is expecting me to cook 4him 9pm boy cirka oo roob ku ogyahay. saacadaas ma cuntaa la kariyaa mase baashaal kale aa jiro?

faaraxyaal aa nolol la sameesaneynaa annakana.

(istaaqfurullaahul cadiim, bal showga aan dhigaayo arka....sida aan magaceyga u hubo aan u hubaa iney jiko isugeyso waqti kastaba ha noqotee,, booto lee waxaan iga tahay)

xarfaankaan wuu u qalmaa in saqdhex xitaa jiko loo galo