Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

How Hard Working Are We?

Bachelor   

In general Somali people precieve themselves as the smartest people on this planet, while the truth is that we are a "lazy people" who want be rich instantly without doint anything. For those of you who reside in "Qurboland", how hard working are you compared to other immigrants from other countries?

[ March 08, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Libaax-Sankataabte ]

Senora   

i hope you realize that your post has so many things wrong with it

First off the thing about us being the laziest people. I'm going to tell you right now, that you don't speak for me, my dad, my mom, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my friends, my grandparents, ........the list goes on! We have all worked HARD,( whether it is at school or at a job) to get where we are at, and are still striving to accomplish even better!

Secondly, the thing about somali people being the smartest people on the planet........

I'm not bringing down my peeps, but your being totally unfair to other nationalities. And where are the facts here to back up your ridicules allegations! Statistics that prove were smarter, or that we are in fact lazy people who are pretty much " greedy".

LOl, i dont even know what else to say, if there are statistics to prove we are the smartest, they must have obviously skipped over you

Miriam1   

Salam

About being the smartest i think every nation is a pround nation and would label themselves as the smartest people.

Laziest ! Bro i think thats a stark generilzation..maybe ur thinking of individuals u know but hey i dont think u know every and single somali...in this planet.

We are hard working as it comes ...

shyhem   

Bachellor

All i can tell u is that in America it ain't about how hard u work but how smart u're.

Speaking of lazy people,well i rarely compare myself to lazy pple so i can't state the state of dem lazy pple.

Bachelor   

Certainly, its wrong to generalize the entire somali people, which i did. However, as far as i am concerned, and the place i live in somali people are the least accomplished group among the immigrants. That drows me to a such conclusion. Perhaps i live in different planet.

Miriam1   

Salam

Bachelor, i can i understand what u mean , in my humble smile.gif opinion i think the major reason for such low accomplisments in the somali community, is our recent arrival to the western scene.

The indians and pakistanis have been here for decades

So have been large amounts of srilankans

The Chinese have almost been here forever!

So honestly give us time and iam sure that u will see a movement towards progress as time passes and we sadely enough begin to assimilate :(

Peace

Blessed   

Somalis are facing a lot of hardships in the west. Many of us don't relise this and make in-considerate and unhelpful remarks. :(

Where I live, London, we have lazy folks and deadbeats but on the whole Somalis are Very hard working ... espcially the females :D