Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Afghan on trial for Christianity

Ahura,

BOOOOOOOOO! Where is the Quranic verse that proscribes different punishments for fornication and adultery? If you can't then will you admit that Allah's strict instructions have been changed? Don't disappoint me Ahura.

Hi Socod Badne,

I can't do any in-depth research at the moment, however, I found this short but rather interesting piece: The penal law of Islam: Basic principle. It clarifies some of the confusion regarding the different punishments prescribed for adultery and/or fornication in Shariah Law and their background. Interestingly enough, some parts seem to corroborate a couple of your points while other parts corroborate some of my assertions.

I hope it helps.

:cool:

Why these sort of topics always generate such popularity. Why do people every now and then talk and argue about Islam and religion, that they have little or no knowldege of, why??

Sometimes I find myself drawn into these out of my desire, I avoid them simply because of my short expertees and little knowledge - Bear in mind it is sinful to discuss about anything related to this religion without enoug knowledge, therefore I advice you all to stick with the wide range of other topics than this holly religion.

Besides has anyone talked about the legality of Camp X-Ray, the American side of tolerance - OH have I missed topic horta? Was is it posted ?

Khalaf   

^^^^^I agree with you brother, to an extent. We should learn from one another. Know that many people do read these threads, including non-muslims if one person learns something then a great deed as been done.

SB, you are still rambling man. You have not answered the question- What is Shariah?

Viking   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Viking,

Stop pus*yfooting, you haven't substantively addressed any of what I've said.

BTW, nice attack but up the wrong hill! I don't reject what prophet (Scw) said or did.

There is nothing to adress mate, just have a look at your arguments! You reject the Sunnah (Hadiths) and yet you claim you don't reject what the Prophet SAWS said or did? Look at the contradictions and inconsistencies in your statements before demanding people adress them.

Originally posted by Tukaale:

Why do people every now and then talk and argue about Islam and religion, that they have little or no knowldege of, why??

That is not an arguement dude. In fact it's logical fallacy: Argumentum ad Ignoratum. Appeal to ignorance as excuse for/not drawing conclusions. Pretty flaccid and pathetic excuse must say. How many people every become experts in ANY field? Ultra-ultra tiny minority! But we make decisions, sketch out conclusions about many things we know very little of everyday.

AbdiNuur,

Sharia: Purported Law of Allah based on directly and/or inferred from Quran, Sunnah as well as fiqhs.

Viking,

THere is plenty to answer. For one, produce the verse in the Quran that enjoins lapidation for adultery. Second, will you have any compunctions about stoning to death your own immediate family members IF they were convicted (beyond reasonable doubt) of adultery?

ScarFace   

Tukaaale your right brother.

People go seek the proper knowledge before debating. It seems crazy how so many people come with so many different things that they dont really know it deep down. But they have the urge to argue and debate without having the proper knowledge

Question have any of you studied the principles of Islam. You all properly stuck in your university lab rooms typing away..... Stop :D

Originally posted by ScarFace:

Question have any of you studied the principles of Islam. You all properly stuck in your university lab rooms typing away..... Stop
:D

Another logical fallacy: Argumentum ad Verecundiam or appeal to learned men/authority. As though the learned can't be wrong! No, they can't. They're infallible of course.

Khalaf   

SB: All your arguments of shariah are based on what the "muslim countries" of today are doing. As many have said these countries are not islamic or practice sharia, they give lip service. But u know that, but instead you choose to ignore it, no country in the world is islamic, there is no islamic country now-period. Islam forbids these forms of government-again i bet u know that but u choose to ignore it.

THere is plenty to answer. For one, produce the verse in the Quran that enjoins lapidation for adultery. Second, will you have any compunctions about stoning to death your own immediate family members IF they were convicted (beyond reasonable doubt) of adultery?

Reply: Words from Allah Most High:

"O you who believe! Obey God and obey the Messenger and those charged with authority among you; and if you differ in anything among yourselves, then refer it to God and the Messenger if you do believe in God and the Last Day. That is best and most suitable for final determination." (Surah Al-Nisa' 4:59)

"The answer of the believers, when summoned to God and His Messenger in order that he may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, 'We hear and we obey'. It is such as these who will attain success." (Surah Al-Nur 24:51)

"But no, by your Lord! (O Muhammad) They cannot be believers until they make you judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against your decisions, but accept them with the fullest submission." (Surah Al-Nisa' 4:65)

"So take whatever the Messenger gives you and keep away from what he forbids you." (Surah Al-Hashr 59:7)

That answers your questions, but I am sure u will ignore it too. Peace

Johnny B   

SB, many including myself do appreciate the way you handle the cheap ad hominem shots targeted at your persona to undermine,discredit and distort you from the powerful ideas you present. furthermore you have not only banged the excellent ideas in their heads , but you also gave them reason to open their minds becouse minds are like parachutes,they only function when widely open.

And If they don't think that critical thinking and logic are good methods for determining what to believe, let them make an attempt to convince you and the world of that without using logic, none has even bothered to try yet. :D

^^Except the holes in his argument are too big to be covered by your bare hands :D .

You see, it is quite an incongruous notion for one to claim to have a faith whose fundamental principles he has to yet agree with. On a one hand SB, the man whose stand you loudly celebrated, asserts that he is a follower of Islam and that he complies with its directives. But On the other hand he objects to the very tenets he confessed to have believed! He believes the Qur’an but does not believe the shariicah! He believes the prophet but not his Sunnah! He believes Allah but not His claim that He created man! That’s preposterous (is it not?) and untenable stand to make. Most people, I believe, would agree with such assessment.

While a contradictory statement needs not be rebutted, as it contains perfect incoherent prepositions that could barely survive, to spot it, remove its pseudo-intellectual gown, and spoil the sport of clapping for its empty loom is too tempting a opportunity for me to pass up. Inconsistency, good friends, is a curse, which the charlatans of this site are seemingly inflicted by, and it does not deserve to be showered with praise.

Think about it a bit more and bonder, I say.

Lake   

quote:Originally posted by MC Xamar:

wasn't Somalia plunged into CIVIL WAR and most of it's displaced citizens didn't really have a choice in which country they would take asylum?

Good thing you mentioned that... what was the civil about that initially forced out so many somalis? It certainly wasn't about establishing the Sharia Law! The Sharia law was never a priority for Somalis. Hope it stays that way.

And aren't some of us (including myself) born in non-Muslim countries and can't just pack up and move to Muslim countries whenever we want?

Who is stopping you from leaving for Sharia Law country? Tell me what law or force is physically contraining you? You say you can't leave and that is because you don't want to give up what the West gives for what Sharia has for you. The trade off in life style, living standards, health, education, employment, justice, peace, equality etc is not worth it. That is the reality, like it or hate it. But since the reality of your predicament is too painful to swallow you perform absurd mental calisthenics like above among others to delude yourself so as to feel reassured that your hypocracy is palatable. You're welcome to it. Beware though some of us have firmer grip on reality and aren't shy in letting you know about it.

Your argument that I have rejected Sharia Law based upon where I live is baseless and actually quite st^upid.

I couldn't give a toss of what you think of my arguement. It's what you do that earns you what you're called.
You are what you do NOT what you think.
If you're convinced of Sharia Law's divinity then stop living under system that consigns it inferior status!
Hey Tyrone weren’t *****ing about discrimination the other day? You were threatening to blow up on this society because you couldn’t find dash of equality due to the fact that you were black…. "then stop living under system that consigns it inferior status" TAKE YOUR BLACK AZZ OVER TO AFRICA OR SOMETHING NIGGERS like y ou ARE NOT WELCOME

Viking   

Viking,

Why should it matter to you whether it is 100 lashes or stoning? You are afterall against Divine Law being implemented.

Answer this, I've asked you in another post but you keep evading it. You claim you follow the Prophet Muhammad SAWS, but why do you reject the advice he gave to humanity on his last pilgrimage when he said...

I am leaving you with the Book of God (the QUR'AN) and my SUNNAH (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet), if you follow them YOU WILL NEVER GO ASTRAY.

Snake-i   

it'll probably become moot as an issue case; becuase he's mentally retarded (as they say) and on that basis, they're considering dropping it.

Khayr   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Except the holes in his argument are too big to be covered by your bare hands
:D

You see, it is quite an incongruous notion for one to claim to have a faith whose fundamental principles he has to yet agree with. On a one hand SB, the man whose stand you loudly celebrated, asserts that he is a follower of Islam and that he complies with its directives. But On the other hand he objects to the very tenets he confessed to have believed! He believes the Qur’an but does not believe the shariicah! He believes the prophet but not his Sunnah! He believes Allah but not His claim that He created man! That’s preposterous (is it not?) and untenable stand to make. Most people, I believe, would agree with such assessment.

While a contradictory statement needs not be rebutted, as it contains perfect incoherent prepositions that could barely survive, to spot it, remove its pseudo-intellectual gown, and spoil the sport of clapping for its empty loom is too tempting a opportunity for me to pass up. Inconsistency, good friends, is a curse, which the charlatans of this site are seemingly inflicted by, and it does not deserve to be showered with praise.

Think about it a bit more and bonder, I say.

:D:D:D

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

More logical fallacies from resident puritanicals. Since when did faith predicate validity of an arguement?

While a contradictory statement needs not be rebutted, as it contains perfect incoherent prepositions that could barely survive, to spot it, remove its pseudo-intellectual gown, and spoil the sport of clapping for its empty loom is too tempting a opportunity for me to pass up.

Spoken like true empty shirt. It is life affirming truth that it's always eiseir to claim something than actually demonstrate it. The latter requires you do WORK, which is costly for some. Instead of xiini illustrating where I'm wrong, he simply says I'm wrong neglecting to be taken seriously you not only have to present your rationale but facts as well. Otherwise, your claims count for peanuts.