Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

For canadian somalis : Movin' out

Bambina   

Sup to all of ya , I'm from Toronto and I'd like to move out to Ottawa cuz the university courses dat I want to take r only available in ottawa U besides I'm curious about Ottawa I've only been there during the Christmas time of the last year for the first time of my life.I noticed it was very small ,not many buildings around but still my priority is the university.I just want to know if someone experienced the same tough decision or already moved out there to tell me a little bit sum about it.Thanks in advance.

Haaruun   

Well, Ottawa is very small comparin' to Toronto and it's mainly for midlle class pple...However, it's the right place 2b for schoolin'....calm and slow....but u will not be satisfied if u expecting to c wild parties like Toronto...That happens in Hull(French side).

Bambina

Hey sister, Planning to move to Ottawa huh :rolleyes: wlc wlc to Ottawa. It's a very nice and quiet place as Haaruun said, Ottawa Univeristy mostly frenchies, but it's alright it's going to be a good experience for you. I have couple of friends that go to Ottawa U, So if u ever need help just send me PM, i go to carleton U right now i might switch to Ottawa U.

Anyways need help just PM ;)

Salaam!

From experience, being in Ottawa, for such a long time and finally moving away to university, I have couple to things to advise you on.

1. Ottawa is really really small, and the people there are narrow-minded, anti-intellects, welfare-taking low-lifes.

2. The city lacks culture, unlike toronto. Too many somalians, who gossip too much.

3. Girls who act they all that and a bag of chips, when they aint nothin but d-low *********EDITED BY ADMIN.

4. Ottawa university is really good, but if you can handle the french, its 60% french.

Lastely, toronto is not a bad place, you should stay, i am actually thinking about moving there. Similarly, I need to take this course, International Urban Development, which includeds 2 years of broad study, and its only offered in U of T. Therefore, I need a place to live, or if you have tips, since i have given you what i know.

PEACE

Animal, I think you should respect the site and stop using those derogatory terms. No need to express yourself with vulgarity.

Admin

Somalia Online

[ April 11, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Bambina   

Sup to all of ya , i just wanna thank Samiha for lettin me know dat I could count on her for any help, I appreciated dat.And to Animal Farm ,I liked ur introduction to Ottawa ,it was funny ,but the thing is i dont care about gossips cuz it's definetly a waste of time and since u want to move in Tdot ,I'll try to study ur case, I promise.Peace out guyz!!!

Link   

Animal farm, would u be able to post more info like a link about the international urban development course @ UofT.

Thanks