Deeq A.

Eventually, the Somali populated areas will split from the rest of Africa

Deeq A.   

2018321636572016781994820Horn_Africa_660

Eastern Africa is splitting from the rest of the continent in a geological event that will occur in millions of years, eventually leaving Africa without its horn. The geologic rift running down the eastern side of the continent, which will be replaced with ocean, is widening at a faster rate than expected, geologically speaking. And it may already be causing problems. Kenya's busy Mai Mahiu road caved in after it developed a volcanic fault-line, the Kenya National Highways Authority told Daily Nation. Geologist David Adede blames the split  - where sections of the road sunk, endangering drivers and holding up traffic, according to The Star - on volcanic activity. In the near future if this happens we shall have Somali plate separating from the other Nubian plate.

He explained that after the road cracked, a big hole opened up and swallowed all the water (there had been recent flooding in the area), resulting in more cracks in the ground. He added: There is a great need for researchers to conduct a comprehensive study on the terrain of this region so that they can advise on where roads and residential buildings can be established.

This can play a key role in dealing with such natural disasters should they happen. The two massive chunks of land - the Nubian plate and the Somali plate - are separating by a few millimetres each year due to a 'superplume', a giant section of the earth's mantle that carries heat from near the core up to the crust.

Holac   

Finally, a greater Somali unity is in the works. 

On another point, our good friend OO was hoping his connection to Berbera would only be through a small road. Little did he know a massive bridge is required to connect to our ports. Better make peace with Eritrea I say. The Habesha there are not going anywhere. 

• Like 1

Tallaabo   
On 21/03/2018 at 5:47 PM, Holac said:

On another point, our good friend OO was hoping his connection to Berbera would only be through a small road. Little did he know a massive bridge is required to connect to our ports. Better make peace with Eritrea I say. The Habesha there are not going anywhere. 

Well the Habesha are going to have their own ports>:(

• Like 1

Holac   
2 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Well the Habesha are going to have their own ports>:(

Not really unless you want to throw Oromia and Afaria under the bus. The seaway belongs to other "qowmiyado". The closes Habeshia access to the sea for Axum, Makelle and other Habeshia heartland will be in Eritrea. Habeshia may still claim they won Berbera (20%) but their investment will be worthless by then. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, Holac said:

That is funny. Thank you Holac for the advice. I will leave some notes for my children.

galbeedi,

Too bad the Haeshi/most of Amhara are not separating from the Somali. On the other hand you should be happy the Oromo are coming with you. You should be extatic the Tigray are in the middle of the sinking. lol

Tigray have code for it and will move to Somali kilil and Somaliland and Puntland right before the big one. Until then will stay repairing whatever breaks.

Very interesting. They say the split is at a rate of 2cm a year. From that calculation it would take around 25,000 years for 250m wide split. 

37 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Very interesting. They say the split is at a rate of 2cm a year. From that calculation it would take around 25,000 years for 250m wide split. 

Cut that down by 2/3rd for maakihiri1 sake. 100 meter is more than enough to start shipping trafic.

Yaay, Djibouti is coming with us. I wish the split was without non-Somalis following us. Why can't they stay with the rest of their people? We want to have our own continent. 

1 hour ago, Dahireeto said:

Yaay, Djibouti is coming with us. I wish the split was without non-Somalis following us. Why can't they stay with the rest of their people? We want to have our own continent. 

lol

Dahireeto, I don't think al these peoples will survive then with same language or culture or tribe. A lot will disappear by joining others and new identity maybe new language etc. This will happen faster than the natural split.

On the other hand if you really work at it few really really powerful detonations in the right places can change the crack and split shape. All hope is not lost.

3 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

More like bye-bye Djibouti. 

Djibout is low-laying country. In fact, Lake Asal is the lowest non-ocean point on land. 

There was 4.9 RS earthquake in Afar region near border of Eritrea Yesterday.

The lowest point is at junction of Afar, Eritrea and Tigray which is 100meters below see level.