Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Selected to serve jury

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Yes and I made through the selection process, sat the whole proceeding for about eight weeks. Needless to say I lost a great deal of income (not to mention it was my first professional job -- intern). At the end they compensated my losses by giving me meager 12 cents/mile (at the time -- '99 - 00') for commuting to and from the court, $30/day, and paid lunch (only) bills.

Educational yes but def not fun. Be honest in your answers in the vetting process and remember its your civic duty to serve in this type of services.

Good luck budy.

What do you mean you didnt get paid? Is that the case in the US? No pay if on Jury Duty?

My siblings have been selected for Jury Duty but not me. Tolow waayo? :confused:

Originally posted by Skipper:

s clash where have you been sxb? you still in Denmark?

Nej jeg bor ikke længre i Danmark, sxb. Jeg har flytet til Storbritannia og det sidste seks måneder var jeg boende i London. Loool @ s clash! det lyder jo dejligt (cool)!

S/

Malika   

It sure is an exciting and interesting thing to participate in,am about to sit in another jury duty soon,but my mind is so unsettled...

-Lily-   

How is it exciting? I'm lost :confused: , it's very serious deciding someone's fate and exacting justice.

Dahia good luck and try to be objective. If you have too much going on in your head that will affect your decision I think you should let them know, they may excuse you.

Malika   

^^ smile.gif I dont know when I never had not had too much going on in my head,if I were ever to reveal that to people,I would be taken to an asylum straight away..Lol

Exciting might not be the correct word,but definetly it gives one a buzz..erm power perharps? aye!

Senora   

They just might have a warrant out there for me by now....the only reason I ignore them is because of the reason Baashi gave...waste of my time,really.

Jacpher   

Thanks all for replying.

I got this letter on my desk and I don't know what to do with it. They schedule it so far ahead that you can't tell if you're going to be available or not.

The best way to get out of jury duty is to say something crazy when the lawyers are interviewing you to see if you are qualified to serve. Say somethings that would show you are biased against their client.

I was never called to a jury duty, but i would luv to be in one to see how it works and see how people get convicted.

Baluug   

Northerner, I believe jurors are only paid $5 a day for their services.

There is a provision in the union contract for my employer though, that they will pay the difference should any of their employees become selected for jury duty. So I would get paid a full paycheck regardless. Hmmmmmm, maybe I should go look for a jury to serve on. Beats working.....