Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

What does Islam say about having Boyfriends or Girlfriends?

Do you really pay attention to what you write? If you've never looked up what Islam says about dating and if you don't care too much to find out the end result, then why are you bothering us with your opinion? Hadaad cajistaay let me show you the door to opinions because this issue is not based on personal opinions.

Earth to Taqwa. You are not the poster, therefore my views/opinions in regards to this topic and others shouldn't concern you, what is eating you?

You keep referring to yourself as if you are a group, "us" this "us" that???? Taqwa, you really ought to follow your own advise and that is read what you really are writing, rather than being concerned with opinions, as they are my opinions not yours.

I feel as if we really are hijacking this topic, and you are to blame for this, because you keep dragging this topic to the grown. Your focus shouldn't be what people say, it ought to me what you know of the subject @ hand.

Taqwa   

Your focus shouldn't be what people say, it ought to me what you know of the subject @ hand.

Lets all agree with inanta cajistay. I will use the above quote against you walaal. Since you said you didn't take the initiative to find out what Islam says about dating, I think you should EXIT this topic with all do respect. In essence walaal, you may not follow the verdicts of Islam but as a believer, recognize that they are correct even if you dont' implement them.

If you don't care about what Islam says or if Islam is your's view-point, you shouldn' be here at all or ignore this topic. Fair and square

Excuse me, who gave you the right to miss quote me.

Please practice your reading skills.

I never said I don't care what Islam says about having a boyfriend/girlfriend, I said I don't care to look up for I don't like the end result.

In english, mr Moderator, it means I don't want to know the answer to it. Plain and simple, english 101.

PS: LMAO@EXIT. You are a joke

Castro   

Originally posted by Taqwa:

If perfection is what your seeking in impersonating someone, wouldn't you go the extra mile to get it done? Would you slack off and say that you will only adopt certain aspects of his traits?

That's the quintessential issue of religion, Taqwa. It's about wholesale acceptance or rejection of the deen. You want people to either completely accept your version of Islam or reject it. Nothing in between. No middle ground. No compromise. No ease of worship. That's fundamentalism Taqwa and it doesn't work. People are simple, they're normal, they're limited, they're sinners, they're weak and they're fallable. Wanting them to be perfect and their becoming perfect are miles apart. That's me laba kumi iyo tano.

Taqwa   

Fidel,

You have not answered my questions but rather quoted me. If not compromising on Islam makes me a fundamentalist, then I guess I am. Doesn't mean I practice everything I preach but the fact that I recognized their importance is faith itself.

Edited: What verson of Islam do I follow saxiib? You are accusing me of the same thing you are doing which is assuming what I am and what I follow.

Castro   

Originally posted by Jamaal11:

If you don't care about what Islam says or if Islam isn't your life's view-point, then you shouldn' be here at all or be ignoring this topic. Fair and square
:D

Dude, these people you're asking to ignore the topic are the same ones you're trying to save. What the...? So it's like this: accept my points or go away. That's infantile and you know it. Either engage people with their diverse opinions and understanding of the deen or take your weak preaching to the comfort of the Islam section. Fair and square?

believer, recognize that they are correct even if you dont' implement them.

As a true believer of islam, I do accept that the right and wrong to some degree, even though I don't implement some of it, I still do accept the right and wrong, but if I choose not to implement the idea of dating, thats my god given right and I will do as I please, and you need to accept it, but whether you do or not, I could care less.

Castro   

Doesn't mean I practice everything I preach but the fact that I recognized their importance is faith itself.

Would you then extend the same courtesy to others who do the same?

And to answer your question, if I told you those who I would like to immitate in life, you'd think worse of me than you already. Not that I care one way or the other.

Castro   

^ I agree with OG.

So now we're the non-believers? Seeing that it was your intent all along, why didn't you just get it our of your system from the start and save us the effort of replying to you.

Nephissa   

Funny how some people paint themselves in an angelic light, and doubt the authenticity of the responses just because its message is something they don't agree with...that they automatically assume someone who does such a thing is 'Lost'or 'Unbeliever'. Different people will always interpret things differently as to what is right and wrong with regards to Qur'an and Hadith. The accusatory piousness of the self-described intellectuals/Wadaado on this board is just puffs of smoke.

If my life's view-point, is the end of me, well then so be it, I will answer to God for that, just like everyone else will.

Taqwa   

Fidel,

I would love to sit here and entertain your ideas but the thought of arguing and waisting server space is hard to swallow. Now that you sense my sarcasm, I just feel that we are going no where. Lets agree to disagree rather then assuming OG's quote is directed at you.

Kashafa   

If I may force an outsiders assessment:

Fidel and Lgirl: seeking justification for "their way of life"(whatever that is). Unfortunately, screaming fundamentalist or "Wadaad" when ur losing an arguement is getting kinda stale.

Taqwa and OG girl: have a pretty concrete view of what Islam says about dating. It can be followed or not, but the the Deen's position is clear. Human weakness isn't/shouldn't be a criteria in judging wrong from right.

qoute brom hibo: Ukhti If the two people find each other attractive and they are old enough to get married as well as financial capable of undertaking sucj responsibilities......usually there is nothing to stop them from acting on it. But sometimes, the parents when they get involved they require background checks and all and that delays the marriage from taking place as quickly as desired. [/QB]

It is important for the family (wali) to find out about the background of the person their son or daughter is going to marry. And this is the responsibility of the wali if they had a sum of money they will seek out the information about the one who comes for a loan so what is the situation of their child who is going to give their life.

finding out the history of the one u want to marry is an important matter a great matter, a months of effort and investigation does not compare to life time.

Therefore one must be sure with certainty about the deen of the person and this can take time so one should not hurry in to it since to hurry into something is from shaitan.